Four

What If?

Requested by Eryn13 - where we explore TaoRis.


'This is so boring, I could have just gone shopping,' Zitao groaned silently, leaning back in his seat and tuning out the lecturer droning on.


'Do something productive with your time, boy,' Minseok growled. 'Just because we're giving you everything you want, doesn't mean you waste away at home.'
'Minseok---'
'Save it, Jongdae. You've been spoiling Zitao too much.'
'He's just a boy!'
'All of his siblings have moved out save for him - usually by this age, we let them be independent---'
'He's an omega, Minseok,' Jongdae sharply cut. 'We take time in being as independent as you Alphas.'

Zitao pushed his chair back and ran up to his room, drowning out the sounds of his fathers fighting.







Zitao yawned uncaringly and smacked his lips.
'Or not; I'd probably get into more trouble, anyway---'

Everyone started to clap loudly, someone even letting out an embarrassing "I love your work, oh, my God!" from the back. Curiosity gripped the omega and he looked up at the guest lecturer.

He was tall, fashionable and bore sharp features. The male held up a long- hand and the auditorium fell silent, as if those fingers held strings to control everyone.

'Good afternoon, everyone. I'm Wu Yifan---'

Silence. Zitao shut everything else down and was entranced by Yifan.


























'You're very good with your words,' Zitao started, a nervous smile on his lips as praises tumbled past them. 'It's like you had a hold on me--- on the audience.'
The tall male graced Zitao with a shy smile, his tongue poking out to flick at his rosebud lips before he spoke.


'I hope it wasn't unnecessary---'
'I loved your speech, every single bit of it,' Zitao interrupted.

', I'm doing it again!' he mentally screamed. But his tongue seemed to have a mind of its own as he rambled on till he was making no sense. Yifan laughed at something Zitao had said and the omega gazed at him, awestruck and completely under his spell.

'If you don't mind me being too bold... You mentioned in an interview you're going to shift and want to refurnish your old house,' Zitao started. 'Since I'm a fairly well-known interior designer...'
'Oh! If you could give me your business card, I'll think about it and let you know.'




Just as Zitao bowed and turned away, Yifan called out to him.
'Hey!'
Zitao raised his eyebrows.
'... Nice contacts. That's my favourite shade of blue.'
The omega nodded dumbly before excusing himself, rushing to hide behind a pillar.

Suddenly, he felt heat pulse through his body and was more aware of everything - of his heart beating, of his blood pumping in his ears, of the tiny beads of sweat collecting on his forehead and neck. His vision sharpened tenfold and one sly look into his phone's front camera confirmed his fears - his eyes were glowing cerulean blue.

Zitao had found his mate.

























'What--- "Nice contacts. That's my favourite shade of blue" - can you be any more embarrassing, Wu Yifan? Get it together!'
































A week later, Zitao had landed a deal to refurnish Yifan's house and a date, too.







































After two months of hot chocolate, getting piercings together and driving out late at night, Yifan finally mustered the courage to ask Zitao to be his boyfriend, which the other accepted in a heartbeat.


































Their first kiss was purely unplanned and sudden, much like their first meeting.
Zitao was seated at his desk, going over some transactions with Yifan caging him in with his arms on either side as he read over the tanned omega's shoulder.
'Do you think this is okay? I could---'

Zitao turned his head to the side, his lips pressing against Yifan's as the taller male turned at the same time. They froze in that position for a bit before the omega nervously at his lips, unintentionally slipping his tongue past the other's parted lips.
'Zitao,' Yifan mumbled and said male's eyes widened. He leaned back as far as he could, a stammered excuse spilling through but cut short as Yifan chuckled and pulled him closer for a proper kiss.

Zitao immediately laced their fingers together, one hand hidden in Yifan's hair. He leaned into the large hand cupping his jaw and he sighed happily, gazing up at Yifan with an unreadable expression.

'I love you,' he confessed, face flushing red at Yifan's gummy smile.
'Good to know it's reciprocated.'



And just like that, their first kiss came with an unplanned and sudden confession.


























































'I'm a Wolf.'
'In bed?'
'Can you stop being erted for one second?' Zitao huffed, slapping Yifan's arm as they lay in bed. He rolled atop Yifan, tracing mindless designs on his bare chest as he d for words.

'I--- Remember the day we were talking about Wolves and Vampires and all sorts of supernatural beings?'
'Yeah, you seemed pretty riled up about it,' Yifan shrugged, playfully nipping at the thumb pressing down on his rosebud lips.

'What if they were real?'
'Zitao---'
'Yifan,' Zitao deadpanned, crawling off of his lover and crouching onto the floor before turning into a Wolf.

'I---'

 

 


Yifan fainted.























It took two weeks for Yifan to come to terms with Zitao's true nature. But he was still wary for the better part - his touches were tainted with hesitance, and he was otherwise stiff in behaviour.

Zitao cracked after a month and let himself burst into tears of frustration.


'I'm--- y-you don't understand--- you don't understand how hard this is for me! You're a human! I love you, Yifan. Too much. And if you reject me, I--- I think I'll die--- please, baby. I need you to accept this, to accept me,' he blubbered, cerulean eyes rimmed red as tears streamed down his cheeks.

Yifan stood still, slowly bringing a shaking Zitao into his embrace. He pressed a soft kiss to the omega's neck and nuzzled his nose there a little, surprised when Zitao calmed down significantly at the gesture.
'I--- I'll try. I'm trying. I'm sorry.'










































Once they completed two years together, Zitao moved in to Yifan's large house.
































 

 

 

'Are you sure you're ready?' Zitao asked nervously, letting out a stuttered breath when Yifan pressed their lips together firmly.
'There's no going back, Zitao,' he whispered, running his fingers through the other's hair. 'I love you, and I want to be with you no matter what. I love you.'
The omega simply buried his face in the other's chest, tangling their legs together messily.


































Minseok glanced at Zitao, who was fidgeting with the ends of his shirt nervously. The head Alpha crawled over Yifan and pinned him down, warm breaths ghosting over the human's neck as he leaned closer.
'There's no going back,' he rasped and Yifan nodded.
'I know.'
Minseok swirled his tongue over the side of Yifan's throat, eyes shining as he found the pulse and he bit down on it immediately.


The tall human let out a wild scream, struggling against his bonds and begging for Minseok to give him a few moments. Zitao let out a scream of his own, crumbling to the floor with horror-stricken eyes.













































Zitao flew past the trees, expertly weaving through and huffing when an agile black gamma overtook him.
Zitao crashed right into the larger Wolf, sending both of them tumbling into the river.

Nine other Wolves surrounded the two and they stood up one by one.
Sandara huffed when Seungho moved to stand and nipped at the scruff of his neck, forcing him to stay seated as she leaned heavily against him. He gently nudged his nose against her pregnant belly and his mate's muzzle affectionately, grunting with amusement when Hani snorted next to them.

Minseok stood tall, throwing his head up at the moon and letting out a sharp howl that was chorused immediately.

Zitao looked at Yifan, eyes shining and tail wagging furiously as the black gamma's deep howl resonated into the night.