One

What If?

Requested by lovekiller_tsuna - where Jongdae wants to surprise Minseok but he finds out eventually from Jongin


'What am I even doing with my life anymore?' Jongdae groaned, plugging his earphones in and studying the video playing on his tab.







'... What are you doing?' Jongin asked, huffing when he was met with silence. He placed a hand on his younger father's shoulder, jumping when the other male shrieked and hugged his tab to his chest tightly.
'What?! What? What do you want?'
'Calm down, geez,' Jongin clicked his tongue, shuffling away a little at the crazed look in his father's golden eyes. 'What were you watching?'
'What's it to you?'
'Why were you watching it? Planning on trying it ou---'

Jongdae glared at his eldest son, setting the tab down and grunting.

'Dad's birthday's coming up,' Jongin commented, eyes widening as the clogs turned in his head. 'Oh, God. Are you---'
'Kim Jongin, you shut up right now or you're grounded.'
'But I have my job interview in two hours!'
'You can miss it.'
'But---'
'Then not a single word to your father,' Jongdae threatened. 'What do you want?'
'... The car keys,' Jongin finally said, giving Jongdae a weird look before leaving the house.


Jongdae glanced up towards the study his mate was holed up in before playing the video once more, hunched over his tab as he studied every move carefully.
































Minseok grumbled to himself, seated at the dining table and nursing a cup of steaming coffee.



'Jongdae?' Minseok called out, frowning when he heard a muffledd thump. He entered the master bedroom and found his lover sitting stiffly in bed, knees drawn up to his chest and covered by the bedsheets.
'H-Hey!'
'... What are you up to?'
'What? Nothing, why would you say that?'
'I don't buy it, Chen-Chen. Spill,' Minseok raised an eyebrow, crawling into bed and pinching the other's nose.

'It's nothing,' came the stubborn reply. Minseok stared unblinkingly at the omega, chuckling when Jongdae's brows knit together as he tried to glare back. Finally giving up, Jongdae abruptly cupped Minseok's face and pressed their lips together. The royal hummed in the back of his throat and pushed the other into bed, deepening the kiss.

'I'll let you off this time,' he murmured into the kiss.



Ever since that day, Jongdae had been spending less and less time with Minseok and the alpha wasn't pleased by that one bit.

The alpha let his thoughts run through his head, everything screeching to a halt when his red-faced son walked into the kitchen and headed for the refrigerator.

'Jongin,' he started, frowning when Jongin stilled in his actions. 'Come here right now.'
'What?'
'What's got you all flushed?'
'N-Nothing---'
'Kim Jongin,' Minseok deadpanned, staring the taller alpha down into submission. Jongin lowered his eyes and mumbled something under his breath.

'What? I can't hear you.'
'I--- dad's up to something.'
'Like what?'
Jongin pursed his lips and held his breath defiantly, finally giving in.

'It's for your birthday,' he started. 'It's...'
Interested, Minseok leaned forward with his eyes shining.
'It's...?'





































'That was a great meal,' Minseok sighed. 'Did you really cook this all by yourself?'
'We had some help from Hyemi-noona and Sohee-noona,' Jongin sheepishly confessed. 'But I cooked most of it, honestly!'
'Well, you did a great job, kiddo,' the older alpha chuckled, leaning over to ruffle his son's hair fondly. A rather awkward silence settled in after that and Jongdae squirmed in his seat, eyeing Jongin.
'... So! I'll get going now - I'm sleeping over at Taemin's tonight.'
'Don't get too wild, both of you,' Minseok reminded, grinning when Jongin wished him a happy birthday once more before leaving the house quickly.

'So...'
'... So...?' Minseok drawled. 'Where's my birthday present?'
'I er... funny story, actually! It's... I--- it's upstairs.'
'Upstairs?'
'In the bathroom.'
Minseok raised an eyebrow, complying when his mate pushed him upstairs towards the bathroom.
'Take y-your time,' Jongdae nodded before shutting the door in his face.

'Oh, this is gonna be good,' Minseok chuckled to himself, humming a vague tune and waiting for a few moments before stepping into the master bedroom.






He sat at the edge of the bed and was immediately met with Jongdae straddling him. Jongdae played a song on his phone and started to dance sensually, rolling his hips and staring at Minseok with hooded eyes.

Not even two minutes in and the alpha burst out laughing, his cerulean blue eyes shining with tears.

'I hate you so much, Kim Minseok! You've no idea how hard I've been trying!' Jongdae hissed, stopping the song and slumping against him lifelessly. Minseok cooed, gathering Jongdae into his arms and leaning back to lie in bed.
'I'm sorry, baby. It wasn't funny--- I really liked it.'
'But there's more,' Jongdae pouted, grumbling when his mate laughed even harder.

'I hate you,' he huffed, pushing himself off of Minseok and stomping out of the bedroom. Minseok sat up after a while, grabbing a bag and following his mate downstairs.

































'He must have been really embarrassed,' Minseok thought to himself - they only ever drove to the forest for a run when they needed to let out some steam. The alpha was silently perched on a rock, his eyes sharp and ears alert to the sounds of his mate darting past trees nearby. He let out a howl, surprised when Jongdae's sharp howl overtook his. 

 

Finally, Jongdae emerged from the trees, his head lowered and ears flat against his skull. He lay down by the base of a tree, growling a little when Minseok approached him.
'I'm sorry,' Minseok seemed to say as he nudged at Jongdae's snout with his own and his nose. The omega's golden eyes looked up at the white wolf, his own tongue coming out to his snout. Minseok let out a tiny whine - he knew that his omega loved to be pampered every now and then and that if Minseok let his tough act down for a bit, he'd melt right into his arms immediately.

The brown wolf huffed, tail thumping heavily against the forest floor when Minseok lightly nipped at the scruff of his neck. The smaller wolf rolled onto his back after a few minutes of nudging and , closing his eyes as Minseok climbed on top of him and bit down on his snout. The alpha pulled away and at the other's soft nose before turning back into his human form, Jongdae following suit.


'I'm happy you tried t-to learn a l- for m-me,' Minseok started, stuttering through sealed bursts of laughter. Jongdae let his fingers trace random patterns on Minseok's arms and he sighed.

'What gave you the idea, though?'
'... Don't laugh at me.'
'You know I won't.'
'Well, ! Look how that turned out,' Jongdae snapped, closing his eyes and relaxing when the other male began mouthing at his throat.

'I... got the idea from your dances at the club,' he confessed.
'That explains it, I guess.'
'W-Weren't you surprised, though? I mean, come on. It's unique.'
'Your lap-dancing is definitely unique--- too soon?'
'Too soon.'
Minseok chuckled, pecking Jongdae's pouting lips affectionately.

'Our son has a big mouth and just doesn't know how to keep secrets.'
'Kim Jongin!' Jongdae growled. 'I'm going to make sure we get no chicken delivered for the next two months for that.'

'But I really appreciate the sentiment, love,' Minseok added. 'It's not something I'll forget anytime soon.'
' you.'
'Once we get home,' Minseok winked lewdly, grinning when Jongdae laughed.

'Happy birthday, Xiu.'