Chapter 5

The Mafia's Doctor

Jiyong

 

 

"That was cruel," Seungri said to me as he locked the car, looking at the girl in my arms. I shrugged, I was only joking around. From the start, I wasn't going to shoot Dr. Park. It was a great opportunity to strike some adrenaline and fear into her.

 

 

Right as I changed aim and shot Joon, she fainted. I had to pick her up from the ground and carry her to the car while Top and Seungri took care of Joon's body. 

 

 

We just arrived at mafia house. It was noon, meaning that most of the members of the house were already awake and
roaming around. Dr. Park started to grow heavier in my arms as we waited for someone to open the door. To make things
worse her silky hair tickled my forearm.

 

 

"What's the password?" I heard Taeyang asked from behind the door, poorly disguising his voice to sound like a robot. 
Top looked at me and Seungri, clueless.

 

 

"Do you guys know the password?" 

 

 

"There's no password," Seungri said, rolling his eyes.

 

 

"Oh, okay. "There's no password'." Top repeated after Seungri.

 

 

"Oh my God," Seungri muttered under his breath as he slapped his forehead, done with Top's stupidity. 

 

 

"Hmm.. how about, 'Open the ing door before I decided to shoot off your '?" I asked. 

 

 

The door open within seconds. Taeyang appeared with his hands up, surrendering.

 

 

"You're no fun." He said. Then he looked down to see me carrying Dr. Park. 

 

 

"Is this for me?" He asked, playfully, as he wiggled his eyebrows and his lips. I frowned, slightly disgusted. 

 

 

"Just find me an empty room," I told him.

 

 

"Oh, so she's yours." Taeyang winked and smirked, walking away to do what he was told. 

 

 

Dara

 

 

I jolted up from my sleep. From the fear from my latest memory of being shot, I frantically ran my hands all over my body in search of injuries. My panic was almost relieved when I only found a scrap at my elbow, but I realized I wasn't home in the safety of my bed.

 

 

The room I've woken in was three times bigger than my room back in my apartment. I moved out of the white sheets, off the king size bed. My bare feet touched the cold, white marble floor.

 

 

The creamy beige colored walls stood unfamiliar to me. With the decorative furniture, I could tell I was in a house of great expense and luxury. Where am I?

 

 

Jiyong

 

 

"Jiyong, your grandma wants you in the kitchen." I heard someone in front of my bedroom door saying. I walked over and opened the door to see Lorenzo.

 

 

"What happened?" I asked.

 

 

"I walked into the kitchen to get a snack and saw Top with your grandmother. After they were done talking, she told me to call for you." He said, before walking away to his room down the hall.

 

 

I made my way down the stairs and into the kitchen on the first floor. Like Lorenzo said, my grandma was in there, but Top was already gone. 

 

 

"Yes, Grands?" 

 

 

She slid plate that carried a chocolate muffin and a glass of water across the kitchen island to me. 

 

 

"Not necessary, I already ate breakfast," I told her, pushing the food away.

 

 

"Not everything is about you, boy." She rolled her eyes before scolding at me,

 

 

"Give this to the girl." 

 

 

Dara

 

 

I found my purse on the nightstand beside the bed. I was quick to snatch it. I went through the mess inside to find that everything was there but my phone. I figured I was here because of something having to do with Mr. Mafia Man. I began to put things together.

 

 

I wasn't shot, but I remember Mr. Mafia Man pulling the trigger. The sound of the gunshot was so real. Was it possible that he shot at Joon?

 

 

My panic began to rise. This man was crazy. I have to get out of here. What was he planning to do with me? Suddenly, I remembered all the news reports of missing young women who were believed to be kidnapped and sold into the black market.  I walked over to the windows, examining it. They were tall and wide enough for window, I looked down and found a problem; I was on the third floor.

 

 

Jiyong

 

 

I made it to her room, muffin and water in my hands. Taeyang had picked one of the guest rooms on the third floor to put Dr. Park in.

 

 

I opened the door quietly. First glance at the bed and I saw that she wasn't in it. My sight went to the figure by the windows. Her back was faced towards me as she looked as a possible, but dangerous, escape route.

 

 

"I dare you to jump," I said. 

 

 

I watched her in amusement as she gasped and turned around, surprised to see me.

 

 

"N-no." Dr. Park stammered.

 

 

"I was joking," I told her.

 

 

She looked at me doubtfully and shuffled away from the windows. Most people don't understand my dark humor. 
Movement from her hands fiddling with her purse caught my attention. By the looks of it, Dr. Park had found her purse and coat easily. I looked down to her feet to find them bare.

 

 

I walked to the nightstand and place down the food and drink. I bent down, moving the covers hanging off the bed to reveal her hidden shoes. As I was retrieving her footwear, she walked over my way to see what I was doing.

 

 

"Here," I said, handing her heels. She cautiously took them away from me.

 

 

Dara

 


After grabbing my shoes from Mr. Mafia Man, I slipped on my heels. As I put on my shoes, he walked over to the window. I relaxed a little because of the distance between us.

 

 

"You weren't planning to escape weren't you?" He asked, looking out the window.

 

 

"Is there another way?" I asked.

 

 

"We do have a door." He shrugged.

 

 

"Will you let me go that easily?"

 

 

"For now, but then I'll have to hunt you down before you could tell anyone about what happened and kill you." He explained.

 

 

I couldn't tell if he was serious.

 

 

"Again, joking." He claimed. Then, under his breath, he muttered, "Sort of."

 

 

"Where am I?"

 

 

"Where do you think?"

 

 

From the view outside the window, I could tell we were somewhere private. It was obvious that we were somewhere out of the city, far enough that the buildings of Seoul didn't show on the horizon.

 

 

"Why am I here?" I rephrased my first question, hoping this time there'd be a solid answer.

 

 

"Would have you like to wake up in the alleyway next to a dead body?" His eyebrows raised.

 

 

Even though his aura screamed "danger", he hasn't shown any signs of harm towards me. He was kind enough to retrieve my shoes. Like Mr. Mafia Man put it, I was somewhat glad that I ended up waking up in this luxurious room instead of the floor of an alleyway. Mr. Mafia Man stood there by the windows, sunlight hitting him. He was wearing a sleeveless shirt which showed his tatted arms. I could tell he was examining me as I scanned him. His black eyes roamed over me, filled with thoughts.

 

 

"My offer still stands." He stated.

 

 

His offer made me wonder what type of person he is in the mafia.

 

 

"Are you the person who calls the shots?" I asked. Could he possibly be lying to me?

 

 

Maybe he was luring me into the mafia sobhe could sell me as a slave? He shrugged and carefully picked out his words, almost as if he was hiding something.

 

 

"I have a say how things run around here."

 

 

If I reported to the police, would that even get my license back? It still doesn't change the fact that I was the doctor helping him. It'll only make a bigger mess. This will be all over the news again and Mr. Kang probably won't like that. Besides, it's nothing different than working in the hospital, right? I'll be helping injured people. I bit my lip and looked out the window, making up my mind.

 

 

"Did you mean it when you said you were going to pay me triple?" I asked.

 

 

I turned to see Mr. Mafia Man's lips move into a smirk.

 

 

"I meant it." He said. He slowly walked towards me and stopped at a foot away.

 

 

"I wouldn't waste my breath lying." I nodded my head, making note that he's an honest man.

 

 

If it was anyone else that claimed they were truthful, I wouldn't believe them. For some reason, I took his word for it. The intensity in his eyes, that never seem to disappear, made sure I did. Without excuse, he walked past me in the direction of the door.

 

 

"Wait, where are you going?" I asked. I took a step forward, ready to follow him.

 

 

"I'm going to find you new clothes to wear." He said as if it was obvious.

 

 

"Why?" I questioned, confused, "Is there a mafia dress code?"

 

 

"No." The corners of his mouth twitched upwards as he lightly laughed at my question.

 

 

"I thought you'd be comfortable if you took a shower."

 

 

He pointed at me with his finger, up and down my body. I looked down and remembered that I was still in my attire from yesterday. Under my black coat, my red blouse hung wrinkled from sleeping in it.

 

 

"Thank you," I said, slightly embarrassed but majorly grateful.

 

 

"I'll be back in a bit." Mr. Mafia Man said as he left.

 

 

After he left the room, my curiosity took me over to the bedside drawer. When he came into the room, I saw that he had placed something down. I was surprised to see that there was a chocolate muffin and a glass of water.

 

 

Cautiously, I took hold of the muffin. The smell, as well as the sight of it, was enough to get my stomach rumbling. Food has always been a weakness for me. I ruled out the possibilities of it being poisoned. If he wanted to kill me, he would have done it by now.

 

 

It got me thinking of my donut from yesterday. Was it still in the alleyway?

 

 

Jiyong

 

 

I knocked on my little sister's room and got no answer. I frowned as I opened the door and found it empty. Good for me since I don't have to hear her complaining when I take her clothes. I walked over to Dami's closet. Dr. Park's body shape was very similar to my younger sister, petite. They also look just about the same age. Without heels, Dr. Park seemed about Dami's height. 

 

 

Who would have guessed that sisters are helpful in a way? 
I picked a variety of clothes Dr. Park could choose from and walked out of my sister's room, bumping into Taeyang.

 

 

"Sorry." He said, hiding something behind his back.

 

 

"What's that?" I asked.

 

 

"Nothing." He replied quickly, making him look suspicious. 

 

 

I raised my eyebrows, telling him that I wasn't buying it.
Taeyang rolled his eyes and held up hands. They were filled with different styles of lingerie.

 

 

"It's for Hyorin."

 

 

Taeyang his lips as he explained. Matching the name of his on and off girlfriend and the lingerie, I got the idea.

 

 

"Um..by the way, I was looking for you. Your grandma needs you in the.. ah.. kitchen." He told me, quickly continuing up the stairs to the third floor. 

 

 

With the clothes in my arms, I decided to see what my grandma wanted before going to Dr. Park. I made my way down the stairs to the first floor.

 

 

"You called, Grandma?" I asked as I entered the kitchen.
Instead of seeing my grandmother, I spotted my sister. Her black hair, so dark it almost seemed blue, was recognizable.

 

 

Dami was the only one in the kitchen. She was sitting down at the table, on her phone as she ate her sandwich.

 

 

"She's not here."

 

 

"Where is she?" I asked.

 

 

"Library, I think."

 

 

During the day, my grandmother spends most of her time in the kitchen, garden, or library. I was about to leave when Dami stopped me.

 

 

"Ji?"

 

 

I turned my head to see what she wanted. She had stopped looking at her phone. Her black eyes examined the pile of
clothes in my arms. Before she could claim it was hers, I rushed out of the kitchen. I heard her getting up as I walked up the stairs.

 

 

"What are you doing with my clothes?"

 

 

I was back on the second floor. I quicken my gait to the library, wanting to find my grandma so I could finally get these clothes to Dr. Park before Dami could take them away. I jogged my way to the end of the hall.

 

 

"Grandma?" I asked, stepping into the room filled with books.

 

 

Dara

 

 

There was a knock on my door and an unfamiliar man poked his head inside.

 

 

"Who are you?" I asked, setting my muffin down and getting up from the bed.

 

 

"Taeyang." was as all he said. It didn't take much to understand that he was involved with the mafia. He looked like one of them, comparing to the guy that stood in front of me in the line at the donut shop and Mr. Mafia Man. I found similar traits among them, light skin and dark hair. Either they were related or belonged to the same nationality, Korean. They're also absolutely good looking.

 

 

He walked in, sets of clothes in his arms.

 

 

"These were picked out especially for you." He grinned as if he knew something I didn't.

 

 

 

"Thank you," I said, sounding so uncertain that it sounded more like a question. Taeyang laid down the clothes on the bed and walked over to me, handing over a towel.

 

 

"No problem." He shrugged, but that sly smile was still plastered on his face.

 

 

"You can put the rest of the clothes in the closet. The bathroom is through that door right there." Taeyang said, pointing at the only door in the room, before leaving hastily.

 

 

Jiyong

 


"Yes, Jiyong? "My grandmother's reply had a hint of annoyance, "What is it this time?"

 

 

"Taeyang told me you needed me for something."

 

 

"Why would I want to see your face more than once, boy?" Her eyebrows furrowed, but she didn't look up from the book in her hands. I frowned.

 

 

"Grands!" My sister yelled from behind me. She had caught up with me.

 

 

"Jiyong is taking my clothes!"

 

 

"I want to borrow them. You have money you can get new clothes."

 

 

"You have money too!"

 

 

My grandma put her book down. "Dami, let him be."

 

 

I turned to my Grandma surprised that she took my side. Dami, too, was confused. My grandmother always showed me tough love ever since I was born. I had two years of her unpleasant affection all to myself until Dami was born. I watched all of Dami's 29 years where our grandmother favored her over me. 

 

 

"Have you ever put it into consideration that he's too embarrassed to buy his own girly clothes? It's 2018, Jiyong. Society has accepted people for who they are." 

 

 

"They are not for me." I defended myself.

 

 

"They are for-"

 

 

"I knew this would happen." My grandma cut me off, "I had to change your diaper when you were little, Jiyong. I'd turn into a girl too if I were you." 

 

 

My sister snickered. I frowned and left the room with some of my ego depleted.  I was about to go ask Taeyang why he
had told me my grandmother needed me but I remembered that Taeyang was probably getting it on with Hyorin. I got to Dr. Park's room and walked in. I was met with a very angry Dr. Park,wrapped in only a towel, holding up a sheer underwear.

 

 

"Really?" She yelled, "You expect me to wear only this?" 

 

 

Dara

 


With Taeyang's directions, I checked out the bathroom. I locked the bathroom door before I stripped down , covering  myself in the towel.

 

 

Realizing that I forgot to bring clothes to the bathroom with me, I walked back into the room and over to my bed. I picked
through the clothes Taeyang brought. They were all tangled and piled up. My finger got caught in a hole of the fabric. I lifted my hand up to see it was a sheer underwear.

 

 

Looking down at the pile, there was nothing but y and revealing lingerie. At that moment, Mr. Mafia Man walked in.

 

 

"Really?" I yelled, disgusted, "You expect me to wear only this?"

 

 

I let go of the sheer underwear and picked up an edible thong from the pile. I threw it at him and, unfortunately, missing.

 

 

"I quit if you think I'm going to be wearing this as my uniform. I'm not fulfilling your nasty fantasy!" 

 

 

"Who gave you these?" He asked me as he bent over. He picked the thong with his fingers and examined it.

 

 

"Playing innocent, really?" I said, glaring at him as I crossed my arms, "You sent Taeyang to bring me these."

 

 

Mr. Mafia Man frowned and cursed under his breath,

 

 

"ing Tae."

 

 

"I didn't send him. I went to get clothes for you." He claimed, holding up the bunch of clothes in his hands.

 

 

"But I didn't get you any undergarments. In this situation,
I think you'll find the lingerie to be helpful."

 

 

--

#SavageGrandma 😎

What can you say about this chapter? 🙂