Bonus

The Mafia's Doctor

Dara

 


The door to the hospital suite opened. I had just about explained everything that happened, events leading up to of finding Jiyong, as the doctor checked on his conditions. Chaerin, Taeyang, Top,
Jiyong's father, and an old man walked in. The doctor saw them and quickly wrapped things up and left.

 

 

"Hello, son," Mr. Hyun Suk said, looking at his ill child.

 


"Hey," Jiyong greeted back, waving from his bed. Then, he turned to the stranger to acknowledge him, "Hello, sir."

 

 

"Jiyong." the man smiled. I stared at him, thinking to myself that he looked awfully familiar. He caught me looking for too long.

 

 

"Oh," I said, flustered. I introduced myself, wondering if he too was curious as to who I was, "Hi, I'm Sandara Park"

 

 

"I'm Choi Sung woon, Top's dad," he said, reaching for my hand to shake. 

 

 

Now that he had mentioned the two being father and son, I could see the familiarity between them. They shared the same hazel brown eyes, nose, and face structure. Not the mention, they had the same last name.

 

 

Mr. Hyun Suk cleared his throat, "Dara, he's also the head of the Dipartimento della Pubblica Sicurezza"

 

 

"Department of Public Safety," Jiyong translated. "It's the highest office in charge of law enforcement. He's the reason why we don't have to worry about our organized crimes."

 

 

Mr. Choi smiled proudly.

 

 

"She's the one I was telling you about," Mr. Hyun Suk said to Top's father.

 

 

"The ex-doctor?" He asked.

 


I chuckled at how he said it, "I guess you can say that."

 


"Oh, so that's you?" Top's dad asked. He paused and thought for a while before asking, "Why didn't you bring your situation to court?"

 


"I wanted to, but the mafia kept me busy."

 


"Well, you definitely should. I haven't looked into it but I could tell you that there must have been some acts of bribery."

 

 

"And that's illegal?" I asked.

 


"Of course," Top's father answered. "I don't see how you could have gotten your license taken away by a three-month
suspension over something that happens all the time in other hospitals. The CEO probably had a lot of money to persuade
the medical board to sentence that."

 


"Wouldn't me going to court bring trouble to the mafia?" I asked.

 

 

"I can ask a friend of mine at the U.S for a favor," Mr. Choi said. "The only person that'll be in trouble will be Mr. Kang. It might even discredit him from being the CEO."

 

 

My ear perked up at the sound of revenge, "Oh really? I guess I should consider doing that then."

 

 

"You should," Jiyong said, holding my hand. "Call your brother down and sue Mr. Kang. After, I'll back you up with money and we can buy his shareholdings. Maybe then you'll become the one in charge?"

 

 

"Is that possible?" I asked him.

 

 

Jiyong smiled, "I'll make sure it is."

 


I smiled with him, "Let's do it."

 


Chaerin clapped, "Great, I'll call Sanghyun!" 

 

 

 

 

--

Hi guys! Thanks for supporting the story! 😄