Chapter 13

The Mafia's Doctor

Dara

 


I scrolled through all the jokes Top and Taeyang had sent. They were as creative as the group chat's name,
"Gucci Gang 420 Bang Bang".

 


"Important messages, huh?" I asked Jiyong, sarcastically.

 

 

"Safe is important." He joked in his seriousness as he set his phone down on the table.

 

 

"I thought you said that there won't be any spams."

 

 

Jiyong admitted, "It won't be for long. I'm making Aurelio add a feature where you can mute Top and Taeyang's notifications."

 

 

I shook my head and laughed. Top was a year older than me, 30 years old, but he reminded me of a little boy. He was naive and clueless most of the time, proving to be the perfect victim for Tae's impractical pranks.

 

 

As for Taeyang, the 31-year-old man claimed to have a 'y imagination' rather than a 'dirty mind'. I've yet to have a decent conversation with him. Every time he opened his mouth, Taeyang would spew suggestive, ual statements or questions. I've never met someone who can turn any situation into a ual one.

 

 

"Ciao," Top said, smiling as he came to our table.

 

 

"What are you doing here?" Jiyong asked Top.

 

 

"Huh? You told me to come in." He answered, confused.

 

 

Jiyong rolled his eyes and rephrased his question, "What were you doing around the area before you found us?"

 

 

Top explained that he had just come from meeting up with an old friend. By the look on Jiyong's face, he knew who exactly Top was talking about. I was left in the dark as they spoke about mafia matter. As Top talked, standing at our table, I noticed that he drew a lot of attention from nearby customers.

 

 

"Top," I interrupted him. "Go grab a seat and sit down with us."

 

 

Top looked around the restaurant, scanning for an empty seat. Instead of getting a chair from an unoccupied table, Top approached the table taken by the pretty girls that had staring problems. I shook my head, knowing that Top wanted something more than just a chair. Men will be men.

 

 

"Evening, ladies." He greeted them with his handsome smile.

 

 

"Hello," they all said in unison. Their voice harmonized almost perfectly in a seductive and flirtatious manner.

 

 

"Is the seat taken?" Top asked in a y husk.

 

 

"No, but I'll trade it for your number," a gorgeous brunette answered, batting her curled eyelashes.

 

 

"Deal," Top smirked, cockily.

 

 

He recited his phone number out loud to the brunette. Her friends, sitting around her, who heard his digits whipped out
their phone in secrecy to add Top in their contacts.

 

 

"Put me under as Tom." He winked, giving his fake name to the brunette.

 

 

"I'm Gaby. It's short for Gabriella."

 

 

Top looked surprised, "Woah, that's my grandmother's name."

 

 

"Huh?" Gaby asked, confused.

 

 

My eyes widen, shocked. Why would Top say that? All his chances with the girl had gone down the drain. I looked over at Jiyong. He sighed and frowned.

 

 

"Top!" Jiyong signaled him to come back, trying to save him from a bad impression.

 

 

"I got to go, Gabri," Top said, "That's what I call my grandma. You see, I think it's a prettier way to shorten Gabriella."

 

 

My jaw slightly dropped and Jiyong facepalmed himself.

 

 

After unintentionally giving seven girls his number and insulting Gaby, Top returned to us. He dragged his chair behind him as he smiled cluelessly and innocently, reminding me of a little boy once again.

 

 

Jiyong

 


"Dara, looking good!" Top said, sitting down.

 

 

Dara smiled as she moved a strand of hair behind her ear, "Thanks."

 

 

Anyone could see that Dara was particularly prettier right now. Her hair, as well as her makeup, was done. The dress that she picked out hugged her waist, complimenting her petite figure. Dara's jewelry that shined in the light as she moved couldn't compare to how she glowed with radiance.

 

 

She looked absolutely beautiful and I didn't tell her yet. Not because I forgot. How could I when that's all that I've thought about the whole night? 

 

 

It's my routine. I take them to dinner and then back home. Next, I walk her to the door and say that she looked pretty, y, gorgeous, etc. Then, if the mood was right, I'd lean in for a kiss and hope that one thing leads to another. 

 

 

I don't know what I was expecting from this date with Dara. I just needed to get rid of the attraction I had. It was doing me no good. At first, I wanted to be with her because of guilt. I'd check up on her, making sure she was adjusting well. Then, I wanted to be with her just to be with her. It made me wonder if my sincerity towards her was just greed. 

 

 

I've just set up a trap for myself. Conflicted, I took a drink of my water and wished it was something stronger. I watched Dara pushed away Top, who was trying to get her to look at the mole on his back. 

 

 

"No," Dara said as she tried to keep Top from taking off his shirt, "We are in a restaurant." 

 

 

I chucked. She was too good for me, innocent and harmless. Dara was too much of a goody-two-shoes. She was against
almost everything I did, the drugs, the driving, and the killing. 

 

 

"Hungry?" I asked Top as I slid my full plate in front of him. He stopped struggling against Dara and grabbed my chopsticks immediately. "So, what did you learn?"

 

 

"The guy told me that Kyesang convinced the Furfanti to turn against us," Top told me as he munched. 

 

 

I frowned. "What should we do in response?"

 

 

"Surprise attack?" Top asked. He set down his chopsticks and began to karate chop the air in front of him. "Hiya!" 

 

 

"What does this Kyesang guy have against us?" Dara asked, curious. 

 

 

Her question made me feel bad. Since she was new, Dara rarely knew what was going on and always ended up being excluded from the conversation. 

 

 

"He's out for vengeance for some of his best members' death," Top explained to her, "He thinks that we are responsible for killing them."

 

 

"It's something we would have done," I admitted after some thought, "but neither my father or I gave out that order."

 

 

"Someone in YG could have done it without you knowing." Dara suggested. 

 

 

"It's a probability." I lifted my shoulders and brought them back down, shrugging. It's a probability, but an unlikely one.

 

 

The people that I had chosen to collaborate with Kyesang's men were wiser than to do something that stupid. They're too fearful to pull an act that would betray YG, especially knowing what will happen to them when I figure out. 

 

 

Dara

 


"Should we ask for the bill?" I asked. 

 

 

Top just finished the last dish. He leaned back in his chair, wiping his stained mouth with a napkin.

 

 

"Wait," he said. With right hand balled up in a fist, Top pounded his chest. After a few second, Top opened his mouth and let out a big burp. "Now, I'm ready."

 

 

"I already paid," Matteo said. He pulled out his wallet and set down a couple hundred bucks down as a tip.

 

 

"Let me guess. When you called to make the reservation?" I asked.

 

 

It was a good thing that Top had a black hole for a stomach or else all of the leftover 10 dishes would have gone to waste.

 

 

Jiyong nodded in reply. We got out of our seats and I started to walk towards the exit with Jiyong when I noticed that Top was still sitting down.

 

 

"I need a little help." Top said as he held out his hand.

 

 

I offered my hand and he took it. I pulled with my might, barely lifting him.

 

 

"Top, at least try and get u-"

 

 

Unexpectedly, he got up and I came crashing into him which brought Top back to his seat with me on his lap. The only good thing that gravity did was keep my dress down from flashing people.

 

 

"At least you took me out for dinner first," Top said as he shrugged.

 

 

Jiyong, who watched this all played out, rolled his eyes and grabbed me from the elbow. He helped me get off of Top
and to my feet. Then he grabbed Top's forearm and got him standing upright.

 

 

"I guess third wheeling can fun," Top said. He patted his stomach, which to my despise wasn't even slightly bloated.

 

 

Jiyong and I parted away from Top to our car. He opened the passenger side door for me but I didn't go inside.

 

 

"I'm driving," I said, holding my hands out for the keys.

 

 

Jiyong frowned, "It was just that one time, Dara."

 

 

"Keys," I demanded.

 

 

Reluctantly, he handed over the car keys.

 

 

"If I knew you were going to drive, I would have gotten a drink or two." He muttered as he strapped himself in the passenger seat.

 

 

Jiyong

 


The car in front of us honked, startling Dara. The driver rolled down its window and stuck his arm out, giving us the middle finger. The gesture surprised Dara. 

 

 

I chuckled, "It's Top." 

 

 

"Of course it is." Dara sighed.

 

 

I rolled my window down to return his love. Seeing my middle finger, Top put his thumb up. 

 

 

"Jiyong stop flipping Top off," Dara ordered as she rolled up the window with the control buttons on the driver side.

 

 

To Dara's luck, since she didn't know the way back to the mafia house so well, we followed Top from behind. He'd exaggerate his turns, making them sharp and quick as he pretended that he was being tailed by cops instead of us. 

 

 

"Jiyong?" Dara asked.

 

 

I looked up from my phone and to her.

 

 

"Hm?"

 


"In books and movies, mafia people are cold and cruel. You look the part, but you haven't played it." Dara said, stating her observation.

 

 

I thought about all my actions before I met Dara. Cold and cruel was correct. I was harsh on deadlines and heartless when it came to the consequences. 

 

 

Dara had gotten the idea that I was spontaneously nice. If she knew of all the things I've done, she'd know I was far from a gentleman and closer to a monster. I've noticed that I haven't been doing my bad habits, drinking, having emotionless , and smoking. I've blamed it on being incredibly busy but I knew it was because Dara was watching me. Being around her made me want to show Dara the better side of me. 

 

 

I shrugged, unsure of how I could respond and went back to my phone.

 

 

Dara

 


We got to the house by 10:32. Our date that lasted 3 hours felt like it was only 30 minutes.

 

 

Top went into the dining room to talk to the people who were still eating dinner.

 

 

"I'll bring you to your room." Jiyong said as he put his hand behind my back. He led me past the stairs and into a hall.

 

 

"Where are we going?"

 

 

Jiyong stopped me in front of a metal door and pressed a button that had an arrow pointing up.

 

 

I gasped, "The elevator is fixed?"

 

 

Jiyong nodded. "I had them work on it while we were out of the house."

 

 

At the sound of a 'ding', the metal door slid and we walked in. There was a rail for holding attached to the mirror walls of the elevator. Jiyong pushed the button that had a number 3 for the third floor and I felt the elevator move up.

 

 

"My calves thank you," I said. I was happy that I didn't have to walk up two flights of stairs anymore. Although, my legs were getting toner day by day.

 

 

In a minute, we arrived on the third floor and Jiyong walked me to my bedroom. I unlocked my door, "Thanks for dinner and my phone."

 

 

"Dara?"

 

 

I turned around, my hand still on the doorknob. "Yes?"

 

 

Jiyong didn't reply. Instead, he scanned my face in deep thought, looking as if he was trying to read my mind.

 

 

"Jiyong, are you okay?" I asked about his strange and sudden behavior.

 

 

"Yeah, I was just thinking about how stunning you look tonight and how I want to ..."

 

 

Jiyong stopped talking, trailing off as his gaze fell upon my mouth. Quick without hesitation, his placed his hand behind my neck. Jiyong dipped his head as he pulled our face together, colliding his lips on mine.

 

 

Just like my body, my mind froze. The butterflies that stormed my stomach moved south. Overwhelmed with the intense feeling that came with his touch, I closed my eyes.

 

 

My brain finally processed what was happening and told my body to act upon the comprehension, kissing him back.
Without knowing it, my hands were at his sides, closing the space between us.

 

 

Jiyong

 


Dara got out of her paralyzed state and responded, settling my doubts of getting rejected. Dara pulled our bodies together and my mind that had settled for just a kiss lusted for something more. I was reminded of Chaerin's warning during our dinner, "Jiyong, don't you even dare think about on the first date!" 

 

 

Screw it. I wanted to see how far we could take it. 

 

 

My free hand found the doorknob to Dara's room and I opened the door. Successfully getting in, I nudge the door shut with my foot. Still entangled with each other, I walked her backwards to the bed. My heart beat faster as I got excited. Would she let me treat her? 

 

 

Dara

 


I giggled at the back of my knees hit the bed. I fell to my back, pulling Jiyong on top of me. My mind was foggy, intoxicated on the high rush Jiyong brought me. As we made out on my bed, I tried to make some sense of what was about to happen. 

 

 

"Jiyong..." I said, breathlessly trying to put words together. "Are we... thing?"

 

 

Jiyong, who had moved down my jaw to tenderly my neck, answered just as breathless as I was, "What we're... doing... It means... something."

 

 

"I'm... not... no one night stand." I grabbed his tousled hair, tugging him upwards for him to face me.

 

 

"I'm not planning on it." He said, successfully being the first one to say a complete sentence.

 

 

I nodded eagerly, "Good."

 

 

He brought his head down, attacking me at the lips. His hand that traced on my skin caused me to shiver. I moaned as I closed my eyes, bracing myself for pleasure.

 

 

--

#RaTeD 19 hahaha!