๐Ÿ’Ž N i n e ๐Ÿ’Ž

BYD | He's Out of My League

"I'm doomed. I've fallen madly deeply in love with Bang Yedam." I wailed, rolling over to my stomach and pressed my face on the pillow.

"Pfft. Weren't you already though?" Yuna's house is a bit far off from school and we'll be having our field trip tomorrow so neither of us can afford to be late and miss the bus so she's sleeping over to mine which is closer to the school.

"You don't get it!" I huffed, sitting down. "I was ok watching him from afar, long accepted that he and I will never happen but..."

"Uh-oh" she quickly sat up, I feel my eyes sting and I couldn't continue.

"Heyy." She hugs me and rubs my back."How can you be so sure you don't have a chance? Stop crying."

"Are you kidding me! Look at meee!" I sobbed.

"I am, duh." I paused and pushed yuna lightly. She gave me a smile and I sniffed.

"It's just.... we're too different from each other." I mumbled, wiping my tears.

"But it's my fault for having such high standards when I'm not into par." She scoffed and hit me with a pillow.

"Stop being so negative! You have every right to set your standard! It just so happens yedam sets the standard for you." I pursed my lips and made up my mind

"I'm gonna confess."

"Yes you should confess-wait, what?!" She did a double take.

I looked at her helplessly and clutched my heart "It's killing me! I like him so much, no, I love him that it hurts so bad!" Here comes the waterworks again. Why? Why can't I atleast be smart to have something to face yedam or have surreal beauty? Something that could give me the slightest chance.

"I just want to get it over and done with cause it's hard to breathe."

"Aigooo. Come here" yuna embraced me again and I just let it all out.

"When they talked about falling in love, I didn't think it would be this hard." I blew my nose on some tissues and threw it at a bin.

"Well, some just had it easy you know, maybe it's the timing. It's different for everyone." I sighed and looked at my best friend who seemed to be deep in thought

"How about you?" We always talked about me but not her.

"Me? What about me?"

"Have you been in love?"

"Good question. You see, I don't even know how to? How do you know it's love?"

"When it hurts like this?"

"Then I don't want it." I chuckled.

"You just said it's different for everyone. Just because it hurts for me, doesn't mean it would be the same for you."

"Ah, meolla! Why did it suddenly turn to me?"

I shrugged "I got curious. We've always been talking about me and my feelings, I'm sorry I wasn't able to ask about yours sooner."

"Tch. We're best friends. You don't need to ask, I'll tell you. There's just nothing going on my side of that world at the moment." I smiled.


๐Ÿ’Ž ๐Ÿ’Ž ๐Ÿ’Ž

"You two are up very early for a trip." My mom says, clearly throwing us a shade.

"Imo, the school isn't going anywhere, however, the school bus will."

"Pfft-" I stopped myself from laughing at yuna's reply.

"It's the school's fault now for not having wheels? You two better behave and stick together, don't wander off alone."

"Why would we wander off alone?" I innocently asked, I mean we're going to a different city we don't know, why would anyone want to wander off alone? Well, there are daredevils but it's me and yuna, we're like two peas in a pod.

Dad sputtered some of his coffee, laughing, "That's just your mom talking to her old self."

"Ya! I did not wander off alone! I was just looking at some of cute stuff for a second and then everyone's gone!" Dad starts to while yuna and I laughed at his story to what happened during their school trip. No, my parents weren't classmates but it's how they met.

๐Ÿ’Ž ๐Ÿ’Ž ๐Ÿ’Ž

"So you could wake up early." Yedam teased as yuna and I got to school.

"Y-yuna was there to wake me." I'm not lying, yuna can wake up to alarms while I'm dead as a log.

He suddenly bent down and levelled his face to mine "Why are your eyes puffy? Did you cry?"

"Ahahaha," I looked away "Movies." He stood up straight and nodded then, he ruffled my hair. What did my hair do to him? Why did he have to make my heart flutter from a simple gesture.

"Yedamie! There you are! Let's pose for some photos!" Jihoon, a senior drags yedam away

"But hyung, we haven't even left yet." I hear yedam chuckle

"We're graduating, it's our last photo together."

"As if. Why? Aren't you gonna meet up with us when you join University? Then it's better to cut off everything starting now!"

"Ya, Kim Junkyu stop sulking. I know you're gonna miss me~"

"What a sight. How can that many of handsome people be tight-knit friends." Kim Se Young, a pretty upperclassmen comments besides us then zooms next to the crowd who are taking photos of the well-known circle of friends.

"I'm just glad they're normal and no betrayal/killings-penthouse thingy going on in their circle."

"Nah, the author's brain can't handle it." Fact check ใ…‹ใ…‹ใ…‹

"Alright everyone settle down! Go to sit on the bus now so we can go!" Our advisor instructed and we quickly piled up. I was about to sit next to yuna when she pulled an equally startled Jaehyuk.

"We have sooo much to talk about! Right jae?" My eye twitched knowing she's just lying. He was gonna sit next to yedam but she pulled him.

I looked for other empty seats aside from the one next to yedam since I assume it's where doyoung will sit

I was behind doyoung so I'm just waiting for him to sit down so I can sit the empty seat next row.. or so I thought. A head popped out, and the cute senior smiled, "Dobby! Come here"

"Ne hyung." I blinked as doyoung walked past yedam and sat to where I was supposed to sit.

"Excuse me." I mumbled as I dumbly sat next to yedam. Well, I guess that's better than to sit next hyunsuk sunbae since I don't really know him.

"You ok minju?" I turned to yedam and almost held my breath. He's wearing sunglasses, he looked immaculate.

"Mhmmm." I gave him a tight-lipped smile as I leaned back which was a wrong move since our arms touch. How can I survive this 2-hour bus ride?