It Still Hurts

Love me, Brothers!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Why aren't you dying faster?" His face was clouded, blurry, when I tried to look at him. My body hurts, I feel like I'm getting stabbed. Is this how mother felt when she was sick? "You should've died instead of mother, you should be dead already." He whispered. He was standing next to me, all I knew was that he was tall. Though, all of the brothers are tall. How could you say that to me? How could you say such words to a dying person? I wanted to spit at his face, curse at him for being terrible. But I couldn't speak, I couldn't move. I was in too much pain. Out of all the torture and the pain I had to die like this. I had to become weaker than I already was. Was this God’s way of showing how much he hated me? If only I could laugh.

"Die, Mellia. And everyone will forget you."

I let out a gasp when I shot up from my bed. It was only a dream. I'm not dead, I'm not...I'm still small. I tightened my grip on the blanket. It was a dumb nightmare, somehow it was still giving me chills. It's been three days already, each morning I wake up hoping that all of this will disappear, that I didn't go back in time. But life was going by with each passing hour, normally and slowly.

"Did you tell mother to buy a gift for Sehun?" I turned to look at my door, where Jongin had stood. I shrugged.

"Why would I? I don't like you." I gave him a smug look that made him look taken back. I don't think in all of my life did they ever hear such words out of my mouth. I don't think I was ever rude to them in the first place. I had faced every criticism and torment that they gave me and I didn't even bother to say anything. I knew it wasn't going to stop. Except, I've come back in time, I get to change the past. I'm not going to be weak, I can't repeat the things that happened again. Anything but that. "Also, has anyone ever told you that you shouldn't be going into a girl's room without permission?" I rested my head on my palm that was placed on my knee.

Jongin now looked sideways. His brows furrowed, "It's just you, what should I be so scared of?" He crossed his arms. I looked at him, lips parted in disbelief. What is wrong with this kid?

"Oh my god, Jongin, do I need to call a doctor for you?" I sighed. Even if he was seven years old, someone at least needed to teach him such a thing. "You can't just walk in, what happens if I'm changing or something?" I let out a groan, slightly frustrated that he wasn't understanding. I stared at him, he looked at me, he was actually thinking.

"I would look away." He said. I want to strangle him. I need to remember that he's only seven, that I'm also only seven.

"How respectful of you." I grimaced. A maid walked in, and Jongin and I had stared at her. I think her name was Jieun, she had only worked here for two years before she found her husband. They had eloped, they had gone to a different country, and we never saw them again. Once you work in the castle, you could never leave unless the king or queen lets you. Everyone here has mostly worked for about five years already. Aeji should be coming around the time Jieun leaves. Aeji, I miss my closest friend. She was the only one who cried when I laid there lifeless, she was the only one who talked to me as if I had emotions. She was my only friend.

"I will help you change your clothes, princess." She bowed. I will never get used to being called a princess. I was never supposed to be here, I shouldn't be called that if no one besides the royal family is going to know of my existence. I turned to look at Jongin who was still standing there.

"Get out." I snapped. He gave me a scoff,

"You're not going to say please?" He smirked,

"Get out, you ert." I hissed. He choked on his own saliva, coughing hysterically. I spat into laughter.

"P-ert?!" He yelled, I nodded with a grin. "I'm not a ert!"

"Then get out, I'm not saying please. Or should I tell mother that you were not leaving when I was about to change?" I looked at him with a smug smile. He glared at me, I stuck out my tongue when he turned to walk away. I glanced at Jieun who was staring at me, my cheeks burned when I realized she saw all of that. I cleared my throat, trying to not feel any more embarrassed.

"What dress am I wearing?"

~~*~~

In the past, I was always tripped by the boys. I always scraped my knees because of them, it started in the first week I started living here. Baekhyun was the one that started it, he tripped me and when I didn't say anything the others started doing it as well. I had twisted my ankle a couple of times and sprained my wrist when trying to stop the fall. I couldn't stop that from happening right now either. I glared at Jongin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter