Sleep With Me

Love me, Brothers!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I stared up at him, his lips were thinned and eyes burning in what I could only think of as anger. Listening to his light footsteps I leaned my head on his chest, I didn't get why Minseok was carrying me and why we were walking everywhere but to my room. I had stopped crying after I left that terrible dark place, but Minseok didn't let me go. His hold was comfortable, I felt warm. I thought we were going to my room, but weirdly he had passed it. We walked around the castle, the moonlight shining at us, it made him glow. I was going to protest. Why was he walking around when we could go to bed, the guilt slowly crawling close as I was keeping him awake. But my voice had stopped working, after crying so much there was nothing left that would come out of my mouth. So I let him, I let him hold me, I let this silence surround us as I closed my eyes. 

"Are you sleeping?" He muttered, I hesitated, if I didn't move would he bring me back to my room? For some reason, I didn't want this to disappear. I want to be in his arms a little longer... I shouldn't be so selfish. I stayed still hoping that he would walk back to my room. "Do you think that if you're sleeping, I'll bring you back to your room?" I listened to him let out a sigh. I opened my eyes giving him a surprised look. "Got you." He stared at me with a dull look though there was a small smile on his lips. Did Minseok ever smile at me before? Why does it look so sad on him?

"Why aren't you bringing me to my room?" I sighed. Minseok's heartbeat is soothing, a soft beating that could really bring me to sleep if I wished. I really have been carried so often these days. I didn't mind it, but it felt odd when I never had this kind of treatment before. I felt spoiled; I shouldn't like it so much.

"You're helping me think." He replied, I raised a brow. "What did my brother say to you? Why did he lock you in there? Lay isn't someone who would say anything..." His eyes hardened as he tried to answer his own question. His anger was flaring, I could see it on his face. Minseok was never the type of person to show his emotions, he was always indifferent, cold. I get to see so many emotions on his face tonight. I don't hate it, but why do they have to be so depressing?

"It was because of your mother. He said that she got angry that I had hurt you and she wanted to lock me up." I mumbled. I took in a deep breath, taking in his fresh flowery scent. Did he just take a shower? I looked up at his wet hair that was slowly drying. Why didn't I see this before? His bruise that mirrored mine on his cheek was fully made, a horrific blend of deep purple and blue. I could only shudder at what it would look like underneath his shirt. Am I too heavy? Am I hurting him? I could see that he was forcing himself not to limp for the last few steps, he must be in a lot of pain. Why is he carrying me? His grip around me tightened.

"So she tried to make up a stupid reason to put you in there? And Lay agreed? That idiot." He quietly hissed.

"She must really hate me, of course, a mother would try to find someone to blame for hurting her child." I softly laughed, I stared at my fingers, no longer the long ones but small, petite childish ones that had cuts from falling a few hours ago when I tried to be a hero.

"My mother does not care for us. She wants me to take my brother's seat to the throne and she lies, giving Lay fake love so she doesn't have to get her hands dirty." He chuckled bitterly. I looked at his features, he's trying to hide his emotions. Eyes that are forcing themselves to look nothing but dull silver orbs and lips that were twitching as he was trying to overcome a snarl. You shouldn't keep your emotions at such a young age, Minseok. If I was able to help you in the past for that, I could guess I am slightly happy.

"Do not hide your emotions. Let me see them." I whispered. He stopped, his footsteps coming to a halt, then he laughed. A soft but clear one.

"Mellia, you are really strange." He grinned. I giggled, seeing him look like this makes my chest warm.

"If it helps you, then I will continue." I gave him a wide smile that made Minseok's eyes soften. Do not feel so much pain, let me take away your burden. Though I shouldn't really think that when they treated me terribly, I was treated like an insect and yet... I could still act like I'm some hero. I don't understand myself, but I can understand these boys perfectly. It's weird, isn't it? "Do you hate me?" I asked.

He gave me a look, a confused one as if he didn't know the answer to that question. "I've never truly hated someone, I should hate my mother for what she makes me go through but I don't think I can. I disliked you, and I told myself that I hated you but I don't know if I do. I don't know anything when it comes to emotions, they never really mattered to me."

I unconsciously frowned, a child who doesn't know how to express himself? Yet, sometimes he l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter