A Hidden Room

Love me, Brothers!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Where did you learn that song?" Baekhyun sniffed. We were walking out of the forest, the man still unconscious and slowly losing blood. I wouldn't want the man to die, but, if he does... for him.

I processed his question, where did I learn that song from? Mother never sang it, and I don't know anyone else who would. At the moment, I sang a tune then it became a song. It was a lullaby, though I don't remember where it was from. If I really think about it, I think I would know the lyrics.

"I don't know, I feel like someone sang it to me before but I don't remember," I answered. He nodded softly, his eyes were slightly red from crying. Though they had softened, his eyes didn't look clouded anymore. I smiled softly at him, I'll choose this Baekhyun any day. I glanced at our interlaced hands, he had never let go. At first, I thought that he hadn't noticed so I tried to let go, but it had only tightened. His small hands were warm, they were soft.

"What are we going to tell everyone?" He whispered, his eyes turned anxious. What do we tell everyone? Do we tell them the truth? I couldn't hide the handprints on my neck. We're going to have to.

"The truth, we tell them everything. Even if that man doesn't get fired, he will still get punished for hurting a prince. You will get a new mentor to help you, you will be treated like a human." I smiled. Though the anger wasn't going away, he still went through the torture, the torment and didn't tell a single soul. He had to keep his pride and emotions inside, even when he was still a child. Even if that man helped him achieve his goals as being a great swordsman, it still hurt him. He needed to find a better teacher, someone who wouldn't hurt him but still show him the great enjoyment of wielding a sword. It would be killing two birds with one stone. How many things happened that they never showed me? In the past, what were the things I couldn't find out until now? Baekhyun never told anyone for ten years, I was able to find out because I wasn't afraid anymore. These boys, how much did you hide from me as you looked at me with hatred? I stopped us from walking, tightening my grip on his hands. He turned to look at me, his eyes curious. "If anything like this happens again, tell someone. It's not healthy to hide away these things, Baekhyun. You might not like me, but I want to help. Hurting me isn't an option." I whispered. I glanced away, not wanting to see his reaction.

Then I listened to his footsteps, my hands lowering. He came closer, his eyes bright. "After this, I want to show you a place." He breathed. I looked at him, before nodding.

We finally walked out of the forest, I touched my neck, already knowing that the fingerprints will be there. What would people say? I smiled bitterly to myself, would they rejoice that I could've died? No one likes me here, it would be a great relief if I was gone. Then there's the numbing sting on my cheek because he punched me. I cursed at myself for biting my tongue, it still hurts.

I looked at Jongin who stood in front of me. His eyes widened as his lips parted, then those chocolate orbs turned into slits, the lips shifting into a gruesome snarl.

It took him three steps before he grabbed both my arms with his hands. Even if we were the same height, he was still taller than me by a few centimeters.

"Who...did this to you?" He grounded out, his eyes were sparking in rage, he was only seven and yet he could show a face like that. Why was he angry?

"The captain of the guard. He said he would teach me to use a sword, but it wasn't teaching and Mellia had found me. The captain saw her and...did that." Baekhyun answered, his last words crumbling into the same anger as Jongin was feeling. I blinked, why are they looking like that? Were they that angry?

"I'll kill him," Jongin whispered. I let out a soft laugh. He has to be joking, saying such things...

"Jongin, you're a chil-"

"I'll kill him." He growled. You shouldn't feel like this, I don't understand. Shouldn't you feel grateful? You should be happy that I could've died. You guys are confusing! I stared at their eyes, glowing in a colorful rage that could probably set fire to anything if they looked at it long enough.

"Don't worry, I threw a rock at him." Baekhyun slashed a wicked grin. You shouldn't be proud! You idiot! You're twelve! Jongin chuckled happily,

"Good job, Hyung." He spoke gleefully. They are indeed terrifying. I shouldn't tell anyone how afraid he really was then if he's going to act like this. I sighed, already slowly forgetting the incident.

"Ah! Go get someone to help the captain, he's unconscious and bleeding." I suddenly remembered. I'm just as horrible, aren't I? I forgot a man was slowly dying in the forest. At the same time, the same man did try to kill me with brute strength.

"Let him," Baekhyun whispered Jongin nodded. I don't know if I should agree or disagree with that.

"No! We're getting someone! He'll still get punished once he gets caught." I yelled, trying to cloud the lingering thoughts of letting him stay there. I'm not a bad person. Baekhyun sighed, before walking into the castle by himself. I watch his fingers untangle with my own, the warmness quickly vanishing into a numb coolness. I stayed next to Jongin, where we waited for him. "Do you actually care? That I got hurt?" I asked, genuinely curious. We haven't spoken much since the day I was left by him when I fainted. It seems that he also stopped with his little pranks with Sehun which he did in the past. It's just Sehun now.

Jongin looked at me, "No, I don't care for you." He said. My eyes twitched annoyingly, this little brat. What was that conversation I just heard then? It felt like you did. I don't know if I should ever believe in what Jongin says, it never sounds like the truth.

"Then why are you angry?" I murmured. Suddenly feeling irritated by his answer, though I had a feeling that it would be something like this. I shouldn't hope for the better, not with these boys.

"Because...Someone touched you." He replied in a monotone voice. Jongin, you're too confusing! I don't understand! I forced myself not to groan. I don't want to understand this kid anymore. He hurts my head. "It looked painful." He whispered, then he looked away, his head facing the opposite side where I could only see his red ears. "Please...Don't get hurt anymore." I tilted my hea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter