We Love You

Love me, Brothers!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin waved his hands in front of me, I came back to reality, realizing that I had been carried away by my thoughts. I gave him a small apologetic smile when he stared at me with an odd, upset look. I sometimes forget that I had gone back in time and the person in front of me was a eight-year-old Jongin, small, and with a strong greed for attention.

"Are you not having fun?" He muttered.

We sat in the rose maze, at the center of it was a circular flat land where we could lay peacefully. I was surprised that Jongin was able to find the middle of such a large maze so easily as if he had already memorized it. We sat on top of a blanket that was the color of the cloudless sky, with a variety of snacks laid around us. He didn't want his brothers to interrupt us as what had happened with Sehun. All the brothers had found out quickly that my outing with Sehun was a mess. His silence towards me at dinner said it all.

“No, I was just thinking of something," I replied softly, shaking my head. He sat across from me and a large umbrella covered us, it kept the sun away from me and a bit for him. He took a bite of a piece of cake, chocolate getting all over his lips. My eyes softened at the sight of him, he his lips and there was still a bit that was covering his chin. I reached for the handkerchief that was next to me and crawled towards him. The sound of my ruffling lavender dress was the only noise that disturbed the silence. I wiped his chin, in my concentration, I realized too late that he had frozen from my touch. I glanced up at him only to see that his cheeks were tinted pink. "Sorry, I should've asked you first," I muttered, moving to retreat back to my position when he suddenly grabbed my wrist.

I blinked at him, he was looking at me intently. "Why do you act like you are older?"

I let out a small chuckle, maybe it's because I'm a seventeen-year-old living in a seven-year-old’s body. Saying that would only make me sound insane. "I like to take care of my brothers." My answer made him tilt his head, and then a soft frown marred his face. Does he not like what I said?

"You think of us as your brothers?" I gave him a confused gaze, my brows furrowing. Did I not get closer to them? I thought we had a mutual sibling relationship now. Then again, Suho did say that he would make me his wife. Which was impossible, thinking about it makes me want to hit his head. He probably wasn’t thinking straight at that time.

"Yes?"

He pouted. I don't get what he's thinking. If I say no then it would sound like I don't like them, I had always thought of them as my brothers, even when they had hurt me. What else could I think of them as?

"We don't even have the same blood. You're not really our sister." It was my turn to pout, so does Jongin like me or hate me? I thought we became close, I guess I was wrong. "When I grow older, I'm going to marry you." He beamed.

'When we grow older, I'm going to marry you.'

A sudden blurry memory slithered into my mind, a hazy thought that made me blink. Where had I heard that before? Who would say that to me? The words had no voice to it, it was just an obscure thought that flickered in my head. I could just be imagining things, there could be no way that the boys would ever say that to me. Then could it be a lost memory? I should just forget about it, then again...What a weird thought to think of.

I let out a nervous laugh, two boys have said this already. Why would they want to marry me? "I know that I have my other brothers who think the same, but I want you to like me more!" There's more than two?! I can't outrightly deny Jongin’s words as I did with Suho, I don't want him to get sad because of me. Suho probably didn't get sad, he was just teasing me. I could only hope that it was a joke.

"Maybe there will be a really pretty and nice girl you'll find when you're older." I forced my lips upwards into a smile but he shook his head quickly at my words.

"No one is prettier than you," he said boldly. I wanted to laugh at the statement, instead, I decided to keep it in. I found his words to be cute more than anything. Maybe if I had the mentality of a seven-year-old I would've given him a better answer, but I'm seventeen! I find this rather amusing.

"Thank you, Jongin. But it would be better if you find someone else who would suit you more." I whispered. Another pout formed on his lips.

"I don't want to marry anyone else, they always say mean things to each other. They're only nice in front of us." Who knew that Jongin would be so observant. If he could see what the people around him talk about, he could almost be like Baekhyun. Baekhyun knows instantly when I lie, he sees things that no one can. I should learn from him one day.

"What's your reason for liking me? One day, a really kind girl might come along who you might take a liking to." I explained. He looked stubborn enough that I thought of giving up trying to persuade him. He wouldn't think the same when my past would be revealed. There is something that shouldn't have been remembered, I know there is a darkness that no one knows of. Once I remember, what will happen? Would I be able to act the way I am doing now? I might have killed someone that the boys loved dearly, if it is true I could never look at myself the same way anymore. I would have to disappear, I can't have the boys feel what they felt for me in the past. It would only hurt all of us.

"You're nice, and you always think of us first, but I don't get why. You're really brave and understand us." A reoccurring longing thumped in me, how long have I craved for those words. How much I had to change to see the boys smile at me with happiness and adoration. How much longer will I be able to see it and watch it vanish in front of my eyes? My eyes crinkled at the edges as I gave him a loving smile, glancing at his small hands that were grabbing my wrist and I moved so our fingers could intertwine.

"When we grow older, I will see you the same as all of your other brothers. I will love you with my whole heart and be there for you when you need me. I guess I never thought of thinking of any of you as anything else than my brothers, but you're right that we do not have the same blood. I am not your sister, but you still shouldn't think of marrying me. I don't have a title, but you are a prince. I'm a peasant that your mom picked off the streets. I could never marry someone as special as you."

My smaller hands gripped onto his warm ones. I could change my views on them, I could love them, only it would be wrong. I have hidden secrets that could ruin our relationship and I also had to find ways to destroy Velstia's plans. I can never bring them into this mess, I can never hurt them. Loving them will only hurt them more, I can never show them my love, if it means that there will only be hatred in the future.

"I won't ever be king, there are already eight of my brothers that can be chosen to be the king. Suho is the heir and that won't change. You could still be married to me. Mother said that she would never put us in a forced marriage if we don't want to." He persisted.

I don't think he's going to back down. I let out a soft sigh, "We don't know what will happen in the future, let's wait. We're only seven." I gave him a faint smile. He didn't look satisfied with t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter