Believe In Me

Love me, Brothers!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

All of our problems, each one of them will fade if Velstia disappears. That is so easy to say and yet so difficult to accomplish. I learned so much because of Sooyoung, though I still don't want to accept that it's real. Black magic shouldn't be real, Sooyoung shouldn't be real. Except, he is. Black magic is real, and a queen uses it for her greed. This doesn't make sense, Queen Velstia had done nothing in the past, and she still doesn't do anything now. She is a mysterious woman, never wanting to be found.

She's so distant to everyone that you could never think that the woman would do something like this. Maybe that was her goal, to live quietly while ruining everyone's lives in the shadows. If black magic is real there should be books about it, right? There should be some information about what black magic is. What would've happened when I died and the boys had to live with her? Both queen and king died, it would've been just her and the nine brothers. Would she kill them one by one until only her sons remain? Or would she kill them as well to become the sole ruler? There is so much I need to find out and yet I don't want to. I never intended to go back in time and figure out something dark like this. This is just too cruel.

Baekhyun was sleeping beside me, his soft breathing calmed me a little. It's deep into the night, but I knew I wasn't going to get any sleep at all tonight. I don't want to ask them to help me, I couldn't make them do something like this when I'm trying to protect them. And yet, I can't do this by myself. I'm not seventeen, I'm seven, a child that can get killed by anything. I bit my lip, clenching my teeth in frustration. What am I supposed to do? Right now, I can barely protect them from terrible human beings, but now I have to go up against black magic? Isn't this unfair? All this while I have limited time. I have ten years to bring light to everything Velstia has been doing, get her out of this castle and let the boys live in peace. I don't know how many people are following Velstia but how Sooyoung was explaining to me about her, she must have enough to do anything she wishes.

There must be some weaknesses, things that Velstia can't do. I must know the range of how much damage black magic can do. There must be something that I could do to stop her.

"Why aren't you sleeping?" I flinched when I heard Baekhyun mumble. I turned my head to look at him in shock, his eyes were barely open.

I chuckled weakly, "I could be asking you the same thing," 

"You haven't been moving for the past hour. You move a lot when you're sleeping so I thought it was weird." He replied softly, my brow twitched in annoyance remembering a certain someone who had said something similar to that. "You have been acting strange since I came into your room, is something wrong?" He was trying to get himself to wake up seeing that he was forcing his eyes to open wider. He let out a soft yawn, then stretched out his stiff muscles. "I feel like the reason you gave me about the bird was a half-lie. You're always hiding something." He broke out a small smirk as he glanced at me. I don't get how he could understand me so well in a few months. Always with him, I've realized that Baekhyun is very sharp when it comes to small things. He notices the little things that normal people don't. I find it shocking and annoying in so many ways.

"Do you believe in magic?" I breathed. There was a silence that wrapped around us like a second skin, even if it was dark I knew he was looking at me.

"Kyungsoo asked me the same question once," Baekhyun replied. Kyungsoo? Why would he ask that? "I don't think you're close with him, but because of his weak body he is always in his room. Because of that, he has a hobby of reading, there was a time when I saw him reading a book of magic, and not any magic. Black magic." My eyes widened when he said those words. How could Kyungsoo find those books? Could these things be hidden in the library? I should really ask him. Though it is odd, why would black magic books be put into the royal library? "Is magic what's bothering you?" He chuckled quietly, my lips thinned.

"Baekhyun, you know when I lie and when I don't. I know you well enough because you know me. So I will tell you something where it is your choice to believe me or not. Before you came, the bird story was true, it did come into my room. At first, I thought it was weird as well, but then it started changing, the bird slowly shifted into a human. It spoke to me, it told me many things and also said that if I don't help him then those precious to me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter