Beneath The Staircase

Love me, Brothers!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Why didn't you tell mother the truth?" I woke up from my nap to see Chanyeol right by my bedside. Still small, still young. I couldn't believe this was real, I didn't understand why I would go back in time. He was close enough that I could grab his arm. "Did you think I would be nice to you if you said those things?" I scoffed, for a young little boy like him, he is way too overconfident.

"What time is it?" I asked, ignoring his other questions. He blinked for a moment when he watched me stretch out my numb limbs.

"It's dinner time." He mumbled. I nodded giving him a smile. I crawled to the edge of the bed where my feet dangled, barely reaching the floor. I let out a yelp when he had suddenly flicked my forehead. "Stop smiling. It looks weird on you." He grunted, I barely stopped myself from growling at him. He turned away and I was able to have a glimpse of his red ears. I let out a silent gasp of disbelief, what is up with him? I jumped down on the floor, looking at him with a glare, I ran away in satisfaction when I heard him let out a squeak when I flicked his cheek. "Get back here!" He screamed. I let out a laugh as I ran as fast as I could. If I wasn't the weak, young little thing back then, messing with Chanyeol would've been the greatest thing ever. I still couldn't forgive him for pushing me in the water, but there was so much to come after this one. I let out a grunt when I bumped into someone, the person let out a gasp as well. I stumbled back touching my forehead, I tilted my head to have a good look at Suho. For someone who is only fourteen, he looks way too stern for his age. My lips thinned as I stared at him. His eyes hardened, his body stiffening. Suho was one of the people who had ignored me, he didn't bother with my existence. It was a beautiful relief.

"Sorry." I coughed,

"Watch where you're going." He glowered. It's been a while since I heard his voice, he didn't bother to see me when I was laying on my deathbed, and because we never really talked I rarely hear his voice.

I raised a brow, "You saw a person running, you could've moved out of the way." I crossed my arms. He was taller than me by a shoulder. It stayed like that all the way until we were adults. Though seeing Suho like this is less frightening than when we were older. Even if he was a stern-looking person, his features are still young, he is still a child. His lips parted as if he was going to say something else. "You should apologize also." I murmured.

"Suho! Stop her!" I heard Chanyeol scream behind me. My eyes widened as I twisted my head to see him running towards me, shoot. I turned back to look at Suho, sticking out my tongue, I quickly ran past him before he could have any ideas on catching me. Though I couldn't run as far because my legs decided to stop working on me and I tripped, falling to the floor. I hissed when I scraped my knees. In the brisk moment, I think I heard Suho let out a choking noise. It vanished when I let out an echoing screech when Chanyeol jumped on me, he grabbed my wrists pinning them down.

"Get off of me!" I screamed. He laughed in triumph, his eyes gleaming.

"You think you can flick me and get away with it?" He mused. I flailed my legs but his knee stabbed itself on my leg and I seethed in pain.

"Say sorry!" He yelled. I spat on him instead, he let out a groan of revulsion. I giggled at the sight of it. He tried to wipe it off, softening his grip on me. It was a perfect chance to push him off. I gave him a smug smile when I was on top of him instead.

"You started it, so you should apologize!" I huffed. I let out short breaths from the running, Chanyeol looked at me with wide eyes.

"I only did that because you started smiling! Maybe if I didn't see that gross smile I wouldn't have to flick you!" He retorted. I froze, looking at him was a mistake. Doing this was a mistake. I hate them.

"It's a smile," I mumbled. My head dropped to look at my hands that rested on his chest. "Am I not allowed to even smile? Is it so wrong to smile? Why do you get to smile? Why do you get to be happy and I can't?!" I screamed. "I didn't ask to be here! I didn't ask to live here! I didn't ask for any of this! Why are you guys bullying me? What did I do wrong?" Without realizing, tears dropped down to my hands and on his shirt. "All I wanted...Was to live." I sniffed. All of this was supposed to be a dumb joke, a little revenge. But Chanyeol had to say something stupid, I had to be sensitive. I guess the young side of me is still here. Weak and vulnerable. Someone behind me pushed me off Chanyeol, I stumbled away, trying to get on my feet. With blurry eyes, I vaguely saw Suho's frame.

"You could've said no," Suho muttered. Did I hear that correctly? He really said those words. To a seven-year-old little girl. I clenched my hands biting down on my lips. This boy has to be the worst person ever! "We didn't ask you to be here either. You will take fault in trespassing our family." He said. My tears dried, my anger suddenly faded. There was only a numb ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter