The Weird Feeling

Love me, Brothers!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I fluttered my eyes open, listening to the silence. Except, there wasn't silence. Someone was breathing next to me, I turned my head then I saw her. Her eyes were closed as she breathed softly and slowly. Her blonde hair was covering her pale cheeks, her long lashes that curled; it would fit so well when her eyes opened, the pretty hazel with the hint of blue. I like her, Mellia understands me. She accepted me. I thought people thought I would be weak, how could someone like me complain about something as little as that. But it wasn't little, it hurt. I hated it. I still want to use a sword, Suho makes it look so easy. I want to be like him and protect my brothers. I thought Suho went through what had happened to me, so I had stayed silent. I wanted to be like Suho. Then Mellia yelled at me, she said it was wrong. She didn't want me to be in pain anymore. I touched her cheek, I let out a silent chuckle when she swatted my hand away, letting out a small grumble. I'm sorry I hurt you when you first came here. I didn't want you to break the brotherly relationship we had, I didn't want to accept that I was going to have a sister.

But you made it worse. You apologized when we hurt you, you stayed silent when you could've yelled back. You were actually a pain. But then you changed, you finally spoke, you yelled at us. I didn't realize it, but I started to like this side of you. The carless yet caring person. You might not have our blood, but you have become ours.

I'm starting to like you, my little sister.

~~*~~

I breathed in the summer air. Embracing the warmth that I've missed. Three months have passed with ease. My wounds have fully healed and I got closer with Baekhyun and Jongin, I haven't been able to see Suho a lot, with him being the crown prince. Though, when I do, they are usually pleasant talks about his day. Baekhyun was able to find a new mentor who was kinder and wasn't as awful as the captain. We found a new captain of the guard as well, we didn't exactly find one, we just promoted one of the better guards into one. Baekhyun had met the man, he said that the new captain was better yet still strict. Jongin got taller and so did Sehun. Even when they're still seven, they should be turning eight soon. I would become eight once it turns autumn.

Life wasn't as terrible as it was before. I have those who are willingly talking to me, treating me like a human being. I didn't want to accept it at first, it didn't feel right. Then I grew into it, the hope was starting to become too strong for its own good.

Let them suffer.

That was my wish when I was supposed to die. I was going to get revenge to show them the sadness and loneliness I had to feel, had to go through because of them. I was going to blame them for my tragedy.

I couldn't.

I couldn't do that when we were children, it wasn't right. I'm mentally seventeen, it was wrong to mess with those who weren't my age, though it was still nice to tease and act my age on the outside ever so often. Now, everything's changed. So many things became different that I couldn't comprehend it. The hope flared inside me, I could be the sister that I wanted to become. Except, it'll be ruined in ten years. I could still die again once I hit seventeen, mother could also die. I want to help her, but how could I when I don't even know what the sickness is? She was always healthy, then she suddenly became ill. And it only grew worse every day. I don't understand, how could she suddenly just get sick like that? Would the boys blame me as they did in the past? They wouldn't...Right?

My lips thinned, I ignored the thoughts and thought of something else. I was sitting outside underneath a tree near the fighting yard, I listened to swords battling each other. Baekhyun was practicing today, he has gotten better in the past few months, way faster than anyone could have imagined. Though it would become bad if the king sees this. He'll enlist him into war. I can't let him do that.

I can't stop the war from happening either, it was because of the king's selfish greed that he decided to take over another land. We shouldn't have won. So many became slaves, people that had nowhere to go. Hundreds of lives lost. The war was disgusting, but in the end, every war is.

How could I stop Baekhyun from getting enlisted? He wouldn't listen to me if I asked him to stop practicing for a few months. It wouldn't do anything, he'll only get better and better. I watched him go against his mentor, I remembered his name was Haebak, a man with dyed blonde hair and sharp blue eyes. He grinned when Baekhyun clashed his sword with his own. When he was brought to the castle, all the females swooned. He is indeed handsome, though I'm only seven-years-old. I couldn't say that out loud. He is, as I've noticed, a great flirtatious man that loves talking to the maids. He came around a month ago when the mentor application was withheld. There were many who wanted to become Baekhyun's teacher, but they had to battle four of our greatest soldiers by themselves. Three came out winning that test so they had to fight against each other, he had become victorious.

Of course, he was able to learn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter