There's Another Reason

Love me, Brothers!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Branches scratched my feet as I ran. I didn't know why I was running, but I was. In a deep dark forest where there was no light besides the moon. I was scared. Though, I didn't know why. There were so many emotions in me, but I didn't get it. What was I running from?

"MELLIA!" Someone screamed my name. It was a woman's voice, deep and dark. I ran faster. It didn't sound like mother, that could never be mother's voice. This doesn't make sense, this must be a dream. "Where are you going to run?! You can never hide from me!" Who was this person? Something doesn't feel right. I know this is a dream, but something is wrong. My head, it hurts.

I let out a screech I could never think I could withstand when someone grabbed me. I thrashed, screaming for help. I tried to scratch them, kick them. Let me go!

"It's okay, please I won't hurt you." This was a new voice, it was soft, his voice. Comforting, warm. Please, help me. I tilted my head up to look at him, but he was foggy, his face clouded. I could still feel his soothing hands, his reassurance. He wasn't going to hurt me. The woman's voice died away, though it was still engraving itself into my head. "Mellia, help my brothers. You have come to the time where they didn't figure it out yet. Let them love you."

"Wake up."

I shot my eyes open, then choked out a groan when my head felt like someone was stabbing it. Well, that was a new dream. There was no sense to it, I didn't get it. Could it be a forgotten memory? I had forgotten every memory two months before mother decided to take me in. I had thought it was weird, I should be able to remember things when I was six or five. But I don't remember anything. I never really thought much of it in the past, I had accepted who I was and what I was, I never thought about anything else. But this...What is this?

You have come to the time where they didn't figure it out yet.

What does that mean? This person has brothers, does it connect with the boys I'm living with right now? Who would talk to me? They all hate me, but this person had comforting hands, he was also older. Older than Suho. I groaned in frustration. I don't get it! This definitely must be a memory, it would be too sudden to be anything else than a mere dream. Except, why is it suddenly appearing now? I had not once gone through any of these dreams in the past. I never had the chance to remember the past. So why is it now that I'm beginning to remember? I should stop thinking of this, it will only get me nowhere if the only clue I have is a memory.

She's mine.

Though, this wasn't something I wanted to remember when I decided to think of something else. I had to remember those stinking dumb words. Words that Chanyeol decided to cough out. Another sense of anger writhed in me. That little jerk! Did he think I was going to say something nice to him if he helped me? Did that even count as helping? I'm not an object! I huffed as I punched my pillow.

Then there was a realization. Something that had flickered in my head. Why didn't I think about it before? I was so caught up in everything that something was missing. This past. It has changed. I don't think they hate me, they dislike me but something is different. They had already hated me, had despised my existence when they saw me. It was worse, I went through worse. But right now, they're talking to me, they don't have those eyes as they did in the past. They don't want me to die, not yet. When is it going to happen? When will they truly hate me? And why? What was the reason? I have to figure it out. They don't know something and I don't either, maybe mother would know. She would have to. Before a maid would come in, I had quickly put on a simple lavender dress that was layered from the hips down.

~~*~~

I had run into her room first, though it was empty. Right now, she would be in the tea room or in the garden. If only I could have some help finding her, this is going to take forever. I closed her door turning to stop midway when someone stood right in front of me. They wore a dark indigo dress, long sleeves with a black ribbon tied at the waist. She was Velstia, Minseok, and Lay's mother.

I gave her a curtsy, "Good morning, Queen Velstia."

Even if I wasn't able to see her, I could feel her silver eyes burning at my head. The second she had seen me in the past, I saw the revulsion in her orbs; the disgust that lo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter