You Will Live

Love me, Brothers!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I shouldn't have turned away, I shouldn't have forgotten that Mellia is delicate, a body depraved with sickness. When my head spun back to see her limp body, only to notice that Suho had wrapped her strongly in his arms; an embrace of protectiveness. His eyes were a cold pine hue when he looked at me, I wouldn't have thought that one day I would be at the receiving end of one of Suho's mighty glares. There was truth to those who said that Suho could be terrifying when he wanted to be. My hair bristled at the sight of him, his eyes flashed with a dangerous look as if the sight of me was unbearable for his depthless spring orbs. I would have to see that everyday if I keep staying by mother's side, she is the enemy of this family, if I stay as her dog I will become their enemy as well. It’s shocking that they already don't think of me as one.

"How long were you listening? Shouldn't you be asleep?" I crossed my arms.

He spat out a scoff, "Long enough to realize that you don't care. Mellia tried, so hard to let you see. She collapsed because of you, and after everything you still don't get it. What else are we supposed to do? Lay, tell us, how can we let you see that we love you more than that woman has ever loved you." His voice was exasperated, almost broken. Silence slithered around us, my lips kept shut. Deep inside, I already knew that they can give me more love that mother could ever give me. Even if I knew this, she is still my mother. I can't leave her alone, she is everything to me; she loves me. Even if others think otherwise. "What happens if she doesn't wake up again? This would be your mother's fault. You better pray that she only fainted because of the stress she had to go today." He snarled. I raised a brow, why would it be mother's fault? We already knew Mellia was weak, she probably used too much of her energy. She was going to wake up the next day. 

Either way, wouldn't this be a good thing? She has been nosy with the toymaker and has been changing everyone. It would be a luxury if she was gone. Something about the thought made my mouth dry. I shouldn't say it and even if I did I knew for sure that Suho could hurt me more then I can ever imagine. None of them know just how much they have started to love that girl.

"Do you know why I was suddenly poisoned today? When it was only dinner with the king and the two queens?" His eyes gave me a pleading look that I couldn't understand. "Do you know who poisoned me?" Even if I tried to turn a blind eye, I already knew who made such a bold move. I know that mother could plan something and blame it on someone else. I bit my lips, the reason as to why remains a mystery to me.

I softly shook my head back and forth, his shoulder sagged along with a sigh of relief that left a bitter taste in my mouth. He knew that mother doesn't trust me enough to give me her reasons. I bit my lip, even if I don't know the reason I can make one up. He's the heir, mother wants to see Minseok on the throne. It doesn’t take a lot of difficulty to line up the dots.

"Do you know that your mother uses black magic?" I froze at his words. My lips parted but nothing seemed to come out. This must be a joke.

I finally forced out the courage to speak. "There is no such thing," I breathed. He rolled his eyes, "There isn't!" I barked, I took a step forward but no matter what I did, he didn't believe me. Why would he suddenly think of that? I knew that mother uses black magic, I'm loyal enough for them to tell me that. Her minions even taught me the sacred language only Brexin knows of. There are so many other things that Suho could think of, why would he suddenly talk about black magic? It shouldn't even exist in this world, no one knows about it, and even if they did, it is taboo to let anything slip out of their lips. He learned something he shouldn't have.

"This morning, I was supposed to train with Haebak around sunrise. I had gotten a glass of water before but I had left my sword in my room. I went back upstairs but had to hide in a corner because I saw your mother in front of Mellia's room. I silently watched and listened, black shadows were coming out of the floor. Then Mellia started screaming. I knew she was screaming, even if I could barely hear it. I was so close to her room but her screams sounded like whispers, as if there was something blocking the sound. Through all of this..." I watched his body shake, his jaw clenching so hard that his teeth could shatter; his shoulders rigid in rage. I realized it was directed towards himself. "I didn't do anything. My feet didn't move, I couldn't protect her. Do you know how pathetic I felt as I stood there? I was frozen and I didn't even realize that Velstia had walked right in front of me. With the look she gave me...I thought I was going to die." He let out a feeble chuckle. The sudden hatred for himself awed me. Suho, our oldest brother, had never looked so vulnerable. All because of the girl that he is holding tightly in his arms. "Then the poisoning became my consequence, I thought that I would be able to feel some pain, something. But I felt nothing. She knew that I was drinking poison. She knew what type, gave me the one that I could smell. She knew that I would drink it either way, then lie about collapsing. Your mother...Knew everything. And I don't know how." I watched his veins slither and tick, his anger that practically boiled inside of him. His sudden revelation came over me, a shock that made me wonder how I couldn't realize it sooner.

"You were drinking poison? And you thought that if you mixed it with other sad words that I wouldn't realize?" I pointed a guilty finger at him, instead of explaining he gave me a laugh. "How long did you think of hiding it? Were you never going to tell us, if this never happened? What happened to not keeping secrets?–"

"You have no right to say that. At least mine won't get this family killed in the future."

"Oh, so you dying is nothing? What do you expect us to do when we see you lying across your room dead because of an overdose? We try to find the person who has killed the heir only to find out that the heir killed himself. Suho don't you see how idiotic that is?!" I snapped at him, how he rolled his eyes made me wonder what it would be like to bring a fist across his face to let him face reality. But I couldn't really say that, it would only backfire with the fact that I couldn't even get over a mother who everyone has called vile.

"Father knew, he gave me the doses to drink. You don't think that he would try to kill his heir."

"So the man who abuses us is giving you the doses, you're not like him. You don't have the same strength, you can die."

"He will not kill me." I hate that trust, how dare he put his trust in that old man. "Besides, it takes a lot to kill someone like me." I hate his ego even more. I know that the brothers are awake, they will not let this go. It's only time before they walk out their doors and give their big brother a punch.

For a moment, I forget the poison and remember the other things he said. Suho stated that only father knew about the poisons, meaning mother knows more then she has led on. There could be someone listening to us right now and we wouldn't know. Mother is that terrifying.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter