Impossible Became Possible

Love me, Brothers!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Mellia, come look at this." A murky voice spoke, their face and body blurred into foggy clouds. My body moved on its own, happiness was embracing me as I sat next to the person and where they sat. "What do you think of this?" They put out their hands in front of me, it was hazy at first, then it started forming into something, something that was familiar. It was a stuffed wolf, its tongue sticking out, eyes made of ebony beads.

I've seen that stuffed animal before, it was one of the brothers’. I just don't remember whose. I stared at it, even though I felt shocked this dream wasn't going to let me show it. Instead, a bright smile painted at my lips.

"It looks cute!" I said. My voice, I couldn't look down, but I know for sure, this voice was that of a child's. Younger than I am now. Even though their face was distorted I could still find the smile on the person's lips. "Did you buy it?" My head tilted, curiosity crawling at my thoughts. Who could this be?

"I made it." Those three words, in an instant, I knew who this person was. My eyes broadened, excitement was the only word I could think of as I touched the wolf. "Who should I give this to?" Their voice was becoming more warped, twisted into multiple voices until I couldn't figure out which one was the real one. The words that came out my lips shook me, this is a dream, a very real one.

"Sehun."

I shot up from my bed, what kind of dream was this? I knew the toymaker. The way I felt, the way that dream progressed, I had loved this person. Somehow, I also knew who Sehun was. How would I know him? These broken dreams have become more frequent, but I would forget some things when I woke up. This one had become strangely detailed as if it wanted me to remember. I never had these in the past, they were deeply hidden, chained where I wasn't able to find them. Now, they are slowly showing themselves, one by one, I remember things I have never before. It doesn't make sense, why would I remember them now but never did so in the past? Was something stopping me from doing so? I have to write this down later, for now I need to figure out what is happening in the present.

The twins’ birthday had come quicker than I had expected. A month had passed with me finding absolutely nothing, it really was a pain. I had looked through the city to know if there was a shop that would know anything about black magic, or at the very least magic but I came out empty-handed. If I don't know anything about black magic then how am I supposed to know what I'm going up against? I might as well be fighting someone while blindfolded.

There were times where I thought of talking to Kyungsoo, but he always locks himself in his room and when he knows I'm at his door he doesn't even acknowledge I'm there. He can be very annoying sometimes. The twins’ birthday party is today, I will be able to see Sooyoung again. He needs to tell me more, I know barely anything about what I'm going to do, either way, I'm too young to do anything. The questions I want to ask are unlimited, yet, I only have a short amount of time to talk to Sooyoung. Protecting the boys has never been so harder. If Sooyoung has been watching me before I came to this castle, then he must know who the toymaker is.

"Mellia," I shuddered when a voice breathed next to my ear. I snapped behind me to see a grinning Jongin, I gave him a weak glare that scared my soul away.

"Don't do that," I grumbled, he let out a soft chuckle, his eyes were glittering. Each day it still amazes me that I get to see such a face, it was beautiful to see the glowing features that the boys could make. It also pained me to realize that I had to change to become someone they liked; if I had stayed the same, even if the secret isn't out I still wouldn't have been liked.

"You know what today is, right?" A giggle burst past my lips when his grin seemed to grow wider. That's it. That's what a child should look like, never angry, never abhorring another person. I still don't know how much I changed, all I know is that they liked it more when I was able to speak up for myself, that I could speak at all.

"Hmm, I wonder..." Tapping my chin I glanced at him, his brightness faltered, a pout slowly growing at his lips. I forced down a laugh, he could be really cute sometimes. "I'm kidding, happy birthday!" I cheered. Then a yelp left my lips when he pulled me into his embrace, he wrapped his arms around me, his hair tickling at my neck, "Jong-!"

"You can never forget my birthday, I won't let you." He muttered, my cheeks burned at the breath that was so close to my ear. "But, it's not only me that we're celebrating for. I want you to give me a birthday wish." Breathing in his scent of autumn sweetness, I let out a gentle breath.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter