Her Unnecessary Savior

Love me, Brothers!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Do you know how worried I was? A maid yelling to tell me my daughter is passed out on the floor!" I listened to mother's rambling. It's been ten minutes now, I woke up with her right beside me, a pout on her lips. I didn't expect her to be here before I was awake, I thought I was going to be ready and dressed before she could come in here. "And the doctor! That man almost gave me a heart attack! Do you know what he said? He said that you could die at a young age with such a weak heart." She fumed. I looked at her, a clump in my throat. It's true, mother. I'm going to die at a young age, I thought that maybe I could outlive it, try to somehow change my death. It wasn't going to work, in this life, I'm still going to die at seventeen.

Ugh, I feel depressed again.

"It's okay mother, I won't die. I'll live with you forever!" I smiled. It's embarrassing to act like a seven-year-old, but at the same time, it is somehow refreshing. She looked at me before laughing, it was warm and bright. I missed her laughter.

"Okay, okay, you have to promise me, okay?" She beamed, I nodded quickly. She patted my head, I leaned into her hand, the feeling of being cherished. Before I knew it, I was nuzzling into her neck, missing her spring scent, her warmness. She was the only person who truly loved me, the only person that I could have ever loved. Please, god, if you're the one who has brought me back in time, let me change the time, let me change my mother's fate. She wasn't going to die. I won't let her.

"I forgot to tell you, It's Baekhyun's birthday today." She hummed. Her breath tickling my neck, my lips thinned. It's his birthday today? There's probably going to be a party. How old is he going to be? Twelve, I think. This is the age where he would start his swordsmanship. It took him two months to exceed Suho, the youngest to ever use a sword, he surpassed many of those who used a sword for years. Then the king made him go to war at sixteen. It was the war against the neighboring country, Lapios. He brought home victory, but the cost was his arm for sacrificing himself for another soldier. He was never the same after that. He stopped messing with me, he stopped being the person I knew him to be. A bright, curious kid. As much as I don't like these boys, no person at such a young age should be going through such traumatizing events. I should stop him from going to war. How could I, when I can't even have a conversation with them without someone insulting the other person? He has four years. I'll think of something. "You think you can come up with a gift for him?" I forgot mother was still holding me, I was so deep in thought that I didn’t realize she was looking at me oddly.

A gift? For Baekhyun? What does that boy like? Should I buy him a sword? It was due to his excellent sword fighting skills that he was enlisted into the war but that didn't mean he didn't enjoy it. I've seen him when he picked up a sword, he absolutely loves it. I think he already liked the thought of it at a young age, so if I buy him a sword, it wouldn't stop him from starting his swordsmanship at this age.

"Let's buy him a sword." I beamed, she looked at me exasperated.

"A sword? That's too dangerous, he's only turning twelve. How could he be using such a thing?" She asked wondrously.

"Baekhyun actually likes sword fighting, and he won't be using it now, he will use it for later. I want to buy it now so he can wait and use it one day." I pointed out, mother's lips thinned, thinking about it carefully. Of course, she won't have her child having a sword. He could get seriously hurt, but it's for future use. She could just hold on to it until he comes of age. I would think she knows that already. She let out a sigh of defeat.

I fisted my hand in the air in triumph. You better like this gift Baekhyun.

~~*~~

Baekhyun's party was held in the ballroom at night. Many children around his age and aristocrats were invited. They were all from houses that support the king, though there weren't any people from different countries who were invited. It was a rare thing for other countries to come celebrate a prince's party, only Suho's was an exception as he is the heir of the royal line.

I was wearing a light blue gown, fake flowers sewed on the hip then flowing down as if it was raining. My chest had small beaded sapphires. My blonde hair was curled, two front chunks of hair pinned back by a blue rose clip while the rest was flowing down. I wasn't necessarily friendly to anyone around here, my existence was nothing but air. Anyone who has ever asked me who I was, I would only reply that I was the daughter of a lowly baron that lives in the country. They would be gone the second they hear that, never asking why someone like that could be in a royal party. They only think of their reputation, never really thinking of the obvious. I walked around, every once in a while taking a bite from the food at the table. Parties like these are bo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter