A Changing Bird

Love me, Brothers!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I paced back and forth listening to the clock ticking softly. Right now is a few minutes before the clock will strike twelve, I had quickly changed into my nightgown not wanting to feel the tight feeling of a rope wrapping around my waist. I don't get why it took so much difficulty to leave the boys' sight. There was always one brother beside me and it had gotten annoying to the point that I had to growl at them to leave me alone. The party is still flourishing, though most of the children should already be going back home while their parents stay.

I placed a chair underneath the doorknob so none of the boys would randomly creep into my room without notice. None of them knock, so I would know immediately if it was Heeyul or the boys. I glanced at the open window that was letting in a cool summer breeze, I should probably shut it soon before it gets too cold.

Peering at the small clock placed at my nightstand I watch both hands pointing at twelve. I let out a yelp when a bird suddenly flew inside my room, it flew around near the ceiling as I looked at it in shock. Why did a bird fly in here?!

I watched in bewilderment when it suddenly landed on the floor four steps in front of me.

"I'm not going to hurt you, but I don't think this is a place you should be in." I crouched down, looking at the honey-colored bird in awe. But the awe in seconds turned into fear when it started distorting. The loud noises of cracking and crunching that made me jump away, slapping my hands to my lips before I could let out a scream. The bird or could I even call it that was growing, a human face was made first then the body. I felt nauseous at the scene that was progressing in front of me. The thing turned into a male with deep brown eyes, and light brown hair. He looked like someone familiar; except, he looked like he was in his young twenties. I slowly crawled away from it, a growing high pitched noise echoing in my ear as an eating terror was burning my skin.

A thing like this shouldn't exist. Whatever this is should be impossible. His face...It can't be.

"Let me reintroduce myself." He spoke. I was shaking, a large ball clumping my throat. "My name is Sooyoung, but you know me as Kim Heeyul." He smiled, his eyes hardening as if he was in extreme agony. He was wearing the same indigo suit as when he was a child at the party but now it was grown to fit his size.

"Y-you...Shouldn't be real." I breathed. The cold floor felt like a dull sting, the only thing that is telling me that I'm not dreaming.

"I know I shouldn't be." He whispered. "I'm sorry you had to see something disgusting like that, but a lady shouldn't be crawling on the floor." He pointed a finger at me. He took a step closer but I raised my hand to stop him.

"Do not come near me. Please tell me what you are first." I shuddered, he showed me a sad smile that made my hand falter.

"I am Velstia's servant. An experiment of black magic." He said. I froze, black magic? How is that possible? There shouldn't be such a thing. What he's saying should be a mere folktale. A thing that connected to witches and ghosts that parents would say to put small fear into their children if they misbehave. What he is saying is unimaginable. "You probably don't believe me, but I've shown what she has done to me. I can change form into anything if I've seen it before."

"Are you here to kill me?" A small whimper passed my lips that made him freeze. A great pain flashed his eyes at the words. Heeyul...no, Sooyoung gave me a stiff smile, I watched him take a step back.

"No...I'm not. I've been watching you for a while under Velstia's command but tonight, I want to ask you for a favor." He spoke gently. This isn't Heeyul, this is a whole different person, and yet, it is the same person. I watched in shock when he knelt down, he tilted his head down to the floor. "Please save me." I couldn't even describe what I was feeling, my lips parted in disbelief. "I...I don't want to kill people anymore. She took me seven years ago when I was thirteen. I was poor as well, I had nothing, so I was desperate when she said that she would help me." He explained in a faraway and broken voice. "Then...She brought me into a dark room. I don't know what happened next, but I barely had any blood in me and my body was morphing into things I saw." His voice was cracking. "Then I was forced to follow people, kill, do everything Velstia wanted me to do." He chuckled softly when he glanced at me, "I had to flirt with a seven year old to try to get close with her. Except, it didn't work because the princes decided to take a liking to the child. The men that had taken you, Velstia had asked them to kidnap the princes but you had taken their place." That's why she was so angry at me, her reason to put me in that disgusting place was because I ruined her plan.

I unknowingly let out a bitter laugh. Velstia was darker, she had hidden secrets that no one could ever imagine. The person in front of me was already solid evidence.

"If you have that ability why didn't you leave?" I stared at him in bewilderment. How I was able to muster up those words amazes me. He gazed up at the ceiling, his eyes were unfocused, controlled ang

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter