Ride Home

Frozen Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“...are you done?....we need to go....” Yoongi suddenly appeared at Hae Won’s door step. “...appa!....” Hae Won ran to her father’s arm “..hey..my little princess...” Yoongi hug his daughter and kissed her on the cheek. “..appa ..I have Unnie..to play with....can she stay with us and I can play with her again...” Hae Won whined at her father. “...this ‘Unnie’...is too old to play dolls....and she cannot stay with us...she has to go home....” Yoongi immediately answered his daughter. Hae Won pouted “...but...I want to play with her again...” “...nanny Soon ja can play with you aIl day...”Yoongi responded gain. “..but I don’t want nanny Soon Ja....she always fell asleep half way we are playing....” Hae Won complained. Yoongi lost for words to argue with his daughter. Mi Young interrupted halfway “.....sweety...we’ll play next time again...when I’m not too busy ..okay...it’s late ..I have to go home too....” “..but can’t you just stay here....” Hae Won still insists on her staying. “...honey....appa is busy and he has a lot to do ..he needs to send me home soon....I can’t stay here...my father needs me too...he is an old man....” Mi Young spoke softly to Hae Won while she rubbed the back of her head. “....okay....is he sick Unnie?....I’m sorry for holding you up...from going home...” the little girl said in a low tone of voice. “..it’s okay dear....no..he is not sick but I still have to look after him....I have to go now....bye Hae Won...” Mi Young bid goodbye to the small girl. “..unnie...I can see you again right?....” she asked with hope in her eyes. “...yes...we will meet again...”. “...baby...appa need to go now....please go with nanny Soon Ja...okay..” Yoongi said as he signaled the nanny to take Hae Won to her room.

 

“...why the did you promise Hae Won to meet again?...” Yoongi shot at her once they are in the car. “..this jerk...just doesn’t know how to appreciate....” Mi Young muttered in her mind. “..well...why did you bring me to your house?....am I to be blamed now?....jerk!..” Mi Young snapped back and shift her gaze to look outside the window. Yoongi’s phone rings then Yoongi switched to answer on his handsfree mode. “....Yoongi..ah...just send Mi Young back to her home...Mr Park has gone home hours ago...” Mr Min’s voice spoke on the other end “...what?...abeoji...why didn’t you tell me earlier..I could have send her to his father sooner...” Yoongi felt so mad with the sudden change of plan. “..no..it’s okay ..I don’t want to disturb your time with her...” Mr Min said with a small laugh. “....just send her back safely....it’s quite a long ride they live in Jinhae district...you are not busy right?...” his father added. “...no it’s okay..I’ll send her back...”. The old man hang up after saying goodbye. “..!...I have to send you back all the way to your house...” Yoongi cursed and his grip on the steering wheel tightened.

It was quite a long drive and the sky started to darkened above them. Yoongi continued driving in silence. Suddenly Mi Young’s stomach is making a noise. She hold to her stomach and bit her lips and said “..I’m sorry....I tend to get hungry so quickly...” The time shows almost 5pm . Yoongi pulled away to a nearby small restaurant on the way. They are already half way to the destination. The 3 hours plus ride to reach Jinhae must be tiring for him too. “..let’s stop for awhile...I’m hungry too....” Yoongi told her. “..at least this time he sounded human...” Mi Young told herself. They walked into a yukgaejang noodle soup restaurant. Yoongi didn’t wait for her but just walked ahead of her approaching an empty table. The restaurant mainly serves only yukgaejang noodle soup , black bean paste noodle and dumplings. A young boy approached to their table and ready to take their order. “...we’ll have two bowls of yukgaejang noodle and some dumplings please....” the boy finished taking their orders and left. “..are you okay with that?...or would like something else....” Yoongi asked as he placed his phone on the table. “...no..it’s fine...it’s not that we have much choice....thank you...”. “...look..I’m sorry..that your father made you drive me back....I didn’t know that appa has left earlier....” Mi Young sincerely apologies trying her best to make a decent conversation. “....it doesn’t matter now...we are half way to your home...” Yoongi answered carelessly. “..this satan really rude..” Mi Young said in her head.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter