Tears

Frozen Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They arrived at the hospital quite late it was almost 10pm. After speaking with the reception nurse they were led to ward. Mi Young and Yoongi walked in to see her father was lying unconscious on the bed. He was on mouth oxygen and an IV drip connected to his forehand. Not long the door opened and a doctor walked. “...good evening you must be the daughter and...” “...son in law...” Yoongi quickly answered. “....okay....I’m doctor Song....shall we talk in the briefing room...” the doctor led them to a small room and the couples followed him from behind. It’s a plain white room with a small desk and a few chairs. “..please take a seat first...” the doctor politely offered. “....Miss ?..” “..Mrs Min....and I’m Min Yoongi..” Yoongi corrected. “..I’m sorry...yes..Mr Min and Mrs Min...your father has hypotension which the blood pressure is very low...in his case it has an in adequate flow of blood to his body system which right now leads to his kidney failure....I’m sorry...to say this to you...but please stay close to him to give him support....” “...is there anything can be done with regards to his kidney?....” Yoongi asked while Mi Young was in tears unable to say anything. “....there is ...through surgery with a kidney transplant....but Mr Park did not wish to go through that...I’m sorry..” once again the doctor apologize to them. Mi Young who can’t control her crying has been sobbing harder. Yoongi wrapped his arms around her to calm her down. “...you can see him for a while....and just go home first ..you can come again tomorrow morning...he’s in the ICU ..you cannot wait for him in there...” the doctor told them.

Both Mi Young and Yoongi went back to where the old man is lying. Mi Young walked closer and held her father’s hands “...appa..I’m here..” she whispered then started to cry again. Yoongi walked to her and held her closer to him “....let’s g home first....we’ll come again tomorrow....” Mi Young turn to him and cried against his chest “..what should I do...Yoongi?...appa is dying...” “...sshh....don’t speak like that.....just calm down..Mi Young...he’ll get better...” he told her while his hands her head softly. Mi Young felt asleep while in the car after too much crying earlier. Yoongi parked his vehicle in the driveway. He searched for Mi Young house key because just did not want to wake her. He found it in her handbag then walked ahead to open the door. He went back to the car for the sleeping girl. He carried her to the house and brought her to her room. Taking off her shoes after he laid her down on her bed and pull the cover up. He left her and went to the bathroom. He took a quick shower because he hasn’t clean up since after he returned from work earlier. He walked out and saw Mi Young was soundly asleep. He slipped underneath the cover next to her. Mi Young shifted a bit and turned her body to face him. She curled up closer to him while Yoongi put his arms under her and held her in his arms. His heart raced when he felt the warmth of her body. The man didn’t understand himself why would he felt this way. His love for his wife never fades but the more he sees the girl next to him the more he’s craving for her. He could hear Mi Young mumbles some words which the only word that is clear to him she called ‘..appa..’. He lean closer and kissed her head “…you’ll be alright…” he whispered before fell asleep himself to a dreamland.

 

Mi Young was awake when she felt her head rested on something hard than her usual pillow. She realized she has been sleeping in someone’s arms. She lifted her head and saw the other person’s still sleeping soundly. She bit her lips and moved her body slowly away from him. But it was too late Yoongi opened his eyes and held her tighter in his arms. “..sleep..more..its’s still early…” his raspy voice spoke and Mi Young slowly laid her head back on his chest. Her worriedness disappeared for a while because it feels so good to remain in his arms as if she belongs there. It was not until around eight Mi Young is awake again. This time she has to get up to go to the hospital.

“….morning…” Yoongi greeted when he walked into the kitchen. Mi Young turned to look at him “…morning…I’ve prepared breakfast….” She placed a simple Korean kimchi fried rice on the table. “…I’m hungry…” he said as he took his seat at the kitchen table. They both ate their breakfast. “…did you sleep well?...” he asked breaking the silence between them. “..yes..I did..thank you…” she responded. “…yeah…thanks to someone’s chest….was made as a pillow….” He teased not looking at her. She glared at him then rolled her eyes. They both finished their breakfast. Mi Young packed some rice porridge for her father. “..can we stop at my shop for a while…” she told Yoongi as they got on his car. Yoongi drove off to the shop and stop in front of it. He followed her into the shop. “...unnie!....when did you arrive?....” Somi was excited to see the older woman. “...hi ..Somi...appa is in the hospital..that’s why I’m here...” Mi Young told her. Somi just bowed her head slightly to Yoongi. Mi Young took some flowers from the store to bring to the hospital. It’s white daisies with some baby breath. She finished decorating the flowers in just a few minutes “...ok...it’s done...I have to go Somi...please look after the shop....”the young girl nodded her head and bid her goodbye.

 

The drive to the hospital doesn’t take long. They arrives at the hospit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter