Feelings

AISLE 14 | 2YEON
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I could never hate you, Nayeon" I said and she chuckled. Her sweet, like-honey laugh echoing through the woods.

 I never came here with people, this was the only place — apart from the school's roof — I could be alone. I could just sit there for hours, looking down at the few cars moving inside the town in complete silence. Only me and my thoughts. That very spot was very special to me. And I don't even know why I brought Nayeon there, or maybe why I trust her so much to bring her there despite the little amount of time we know each other. 

"Where do I start?" she questioned and turned her body to the right in order to face me. Her breathing was already heavy, white marbles biting down onto her bottom lip.

"I don't know, smartass." I mumbled in response, trying to , but she didn't talk. Her porcelain-like face holding the expresion of fear, or maybe even doubt.

"Okay. So, as you are already aware I am new to Gimje," spoke Nayeon after a while and it seemed like the few birds that tweeted completely stopped just to hear her talk. "And as I have told you, my father is the sheriff. Which means he is in charge of basically everything." the girl breathed out slightly, her shoulders tensing under the light of the sun that slowly faded "What you don't know and most likely would like to is why the reason I am here. Why did I move from my luxurious house in Seoul to a small town? Or why I do not have the basic communication skills, why am I not familiar with ways to have fun, or perhaps the basics of a teenager's life." the serisounses in her voice was slowly fading away, what seemed to be overtaking the girl in white was her feelings. 

Nayeon was always collected around me, she always had good manners and respected me. I have never seen her, all these hours we talked about how the world might end or if the aliens will take over in fourty years, so emotional. Emotional, not sad, or at least not completely. It looked like she has been wanting to take everything out of her chest for a long time now. 

"Why am I here?" she started again after gulping "It might sound stupid, but I don't know either. One day, I woke up and father told me we are leaving Seoul." Nayeon said "And of course I had to listen to him! He is always right," she spoke kind of sarcastically. "He tried to convince me it was about his career and about how much he missed his hometown, but of course, I didn't believe him. I never do anymore." 

"Why n—"

"Because he has always been manipulative," the girl in white cut me off, reading my mind. "From the time he met my mother, and probably even before that, until today." Nayeon rolled her eyes. The tone of her voice had completely changed from sad to angry in a matter of seconds.

The girl closed her eyes as she put her train of thoughts in order and, as soon as she calmed herself down, she looked at me again. "He was dest

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter