Truth

AISLE 14 | 2YEON
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The moon was out, barely seen in the foggy, night sky. I had already given up on running, trying to wrap my head around everything that had happened today.

Nayeon is getting married to some dude, my mother is a lesbian and was forced to marry my father, and Nayeon's mother is a lesbian who was in love with my mother but was forced to marry the sheriff. 

The chilly September air blew on my face and ruffled my hair as I sped walked home. It didn't matter what time it was, all I wanted to know was the truth. The truth behind my mother's and the sheriff's wife past.

"Jeongyeon where have you been?" my mother asked as soon as I got home, throwing my jacket on the couch. It was late but my mother was still awake, probably waiting for me.

"I met a friend of yours." I simply said and she shook her head, urging me to reply to her previous question. 

"I asked you where have you been," she raised her voice "You can't just leave the house and come back whenever you want to!" 

"I was with Taewook oppa at the store," I replied and she sighed "And it so happened that your old friend from school was there, strolling on your favourite aisle, on the night of her wedding anniversary!" I raised my voice, sitting on the couch.

My mother opened to talk but closed it shortly after, the look on her face confirming everything the woman in the store had previously talked to me about.

"This woman mom, you loved her. Didn't you?" I asked cutting straight to the chase. My mother had no other choice and sat beside me, remaining silent for a while. 

"Jeon Haeun," my mother breathed out "That's her name."

"She and her daughter told me about everything, you, the contract, the Room.." I bluntly said "I want to know everything, mom." 

The woman chuckled a bit "You've grown so much, Jeongyeon-ah," she said and rested her right hand on my shoulder, squeezing it a little. "I guess there is no reason hiding this from you anymore." my mother added, trying to keep her voice down.

My father was sleeping, unaware of everything that was taking place in the living room. It's better that way, he would've interrupted and would make it hard to find out the truth.

"I was always the disgrace in my family because of me being..different," my mother started "I was maybe a little too vocal about my uality as a teenager, but I couldn't help it. I felt like I was suffocating because of the unfair treatment by society. I was tired of seeing my friends— who were just like me—going in the so called 'White Rooms' for treatment. I believed that I was no different than the others, that I was still a human being with a voice and a soul." she said "I was never taken seriously and was labeled as the bad guy, the gangster." it was like she was describing me. 

I never thought I would have so much in common with my mother. I always viewed her as an old, grumpy lady.

"Most of my family knew about my preferences and that's why I could freely go marching or to the special meetings arranged by people like me," my mother explained "There I met Haeun, a girl coming from

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter