Trust

AISLE 14 | 2YEON
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Where to now?" the girl in white asked as we slowly walked in the alley near the small restaurant. 

Scratching the back of my head, I chuckled to myself and turned to look at her. Her dark brown orbs were burning holes to the side of my face, questioning my actions while I still continued laughing. There wasn't anything funny about Nayeon, apart from how clueless she was of everything, but the time we spent together I always laugh and smile at nothing, it's almost as annoying as my bellyache. 

"What?" Nayeon asked, stopping on her tracks.

"I wanna show you something."

"Is it far? The sun has started to set." the girl spoke lowly. It felt like her mood was dropping as time passed. 

"It's not, trust me!" I smiled at her, hoping to cheer her up "It's really beautiful. Let's go!" I grabbed her hand, running up the hill and in the woods.

I would've lied if I said my heart wasn't beating annoyingly fast. My hands were sweating too, tightly held by Nayeon who squealed as we ran. Pushing our way through the big trees, we finally reached the top of the hill I meant to show her. We panted, slowy walking to the edge and on a big rock, still hand in hand.

"Woah!" Nayeon let out "This looks like something out of a movie." she grinned, admiring the way our small town looked from up high.

"Yeah," I replied, remembering that we were still holding hands. "I used to come here with my..b-boyfriend." I stuttered, the warmth of her hand making me blush.

"O-oh!" Nayeon breathed out and dropped her hands to her sides, sitting down on the big rock "Tell me more about him." she bit on her bottom lip and mumbled, looking away from me and down at the view of the town.

"A-ah we broke up years ago, actually," I admitted and she sighed "He was actually the reason I.." I stopped. I couldn't just tell her that, she would be disgusted and probably stop hanging out with me.

"What? Are you alright?" she asked, finally turning to face me. Why does this idiot care so much about me? It's not like she knows me well enough. 

"I'm fine. But, when we broke up I kinda realized how much I hate men," I fake laughed and closed my eyes. Gosh I'm stupid!

[Flashback]

"Youngjae is really cute!" Chaeyoung chimed as we got ready for our school's dance night, our first school party ever. "It seems like he really loves you." the sort girl said, putting on her beautiful and unique earrings, the ones her grandmother handed her before she passed.

"He doesn't love me, Chaeng. " I breathed out

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter