Run Chae, Run!

AISLE 14 | 2YEON
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Bye, kiddos!" Mark laughed as Dahyun, Hyunjae, Chaeyoung and I stepped out of his truck "I'll be dropping the others down the street. Meet us there in 15 minutes." he pointed at an alley far away from where we were standing "Be careful!" Mark adviced and drove off with the rest of my friends in his truck.

It was already time for business. The day had passed rather quickly for me, considering I slept through the entirety of school. 

"I can't belive I'm here." Chaeyoung sighed, defeated. She was struggling to lift the bag with the graffiti supplies as we were walking to the targeted wall.

"You love me." I teased and she made a face "That's why you came~"

"You guys can continue your talk later." Hyunjae, the president of the school body, spoke and grabbed the bag "I heard a new sheriff is in town and is doubling the amount of policemen on patrol at night," he took out a can of paint and started spraying the wall, looking around "So we don't have a lot of time left. He'll probably be here soon." he added and both Dahyun and I joined him.

We originally planned on only spraying messages on the walls, something that stood out and made people realize they were being brainwashed. But, I'd course, Chaeyoung and her artsy self thought it was a great idea to draw too.

"Jeong, we need to go." Dahyun said after a while and looked at her wrist watch. Her eyes perked at the faint sound of car wheels and male voices" We don't have any time left."

"Chaeyoung, move!" I shouted and tried to drag my bestfriend away from the wall. To no avail. 

"Wait a sec..." she insisted and continued spraying away, disregarding the danger.

"I hate how much of a perfectionist you are!" I groaned and turned my head to face the pair who stood by "You guys should go. Me and Chaeng will catch up in a bit." I advised and Hyunjae nodded.

"But what if they find them, babe?" Dahyun asked the tall boy, who held on her hand tightly.

"They won't. Let's go!" he said and smiled at me, running with Dahyun by his side to the alley we were supposed to meet Mark and the others.

"Chaeyoung-ah please.." I pleaded and tugged at her oversized sweater. Sometimes I really feel like punching her "Let's go."

"Come on, Yoo!" she whined "I just started having fun." Chaeyoung spoke and kept on spraying the wall.

"HEY, YOU TWO!" a man shouted and Chaeyoung flinched, dropping the supplies and looking at me with wide eyes.

"FREEZE!" he shouted again before signaling to another man to come closer. In his hands was a gun, loaded and pointing ar both of us.

", Jeong." the short girl mumbled and glanced around as the men came running towards us. "What are we going to do?" she asked and I bit my lip. We were in trouble. 

"Run Chae, run!" I shouted and the girl inhaled sarply, running off at supersonic spead near the alley. The men just looked at her for a second, knowing they can't shoot two underage girls. 

"STOP!" one of the policeman finally spoke up, demanding with with both stopped running. 

With a loud gasp I did, my feet sliding against the worn off asphalt and burning my soles. I stumbled, using my hands to get back the lost speed as I started running again but to another direction. 

"What are you doing?" Chaeyoung cried out, head turned back so she could look at me while she ran.

"I can't leave the supplies there!" I shouted back and moved closer to the wall "I'll be there in a second. GO!" I added and quickly grabbed the bag, putting all the supplies in and zipping it before getting up, ready to run.

Suddenly a sharp pain in my chest got the best of me, knocking all air out of my lungs. I gagged, feeling the chicken noodle soup I had for dinner nearly spilling from deep within my stomach. My intestines twisted and turned in the most awkward way as I gave up, ready to throw up.

"Gotcha!" the first policeman panted and took hold of my arm, pushing me against the wall "Let's have a talk with the sheriff, shall we? Those pretty lips have a lot of explaining to do." he smirked and assisted me to his car, driving off to the police station.

[...]

"The sherrif will be having you in his office in a bit." a woman spoke quietly and handed me a cup of coffee. She seemed tired, face relaxing and smile fading as wrinkles reveled themselves on her skin. She's proably being forced to smile to everyone, even criminals. I'm not a criminal though. "Here. It's really late and you'll be staying here for a while."

"Thank you." I re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter