Wedding Plans

AISLE 14 | 2YEON
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The weather seemed to get gloomier as the sun set and I was not having it. Panting from almost forty minutes of running like an idiot on the streets, I entered my parents' convenience store. I thought I could, maybe, find a distraction from that annoying pain in my chest.

"Woah, why are your eyes red?" my cousin asked as soon as I got in the store and dropped to the floor.

"Allergies." I lied and he laughed, handing me a bottle of water.

"Jeong, it's September," Taewook spoke "Were you crying?"

"Of course not! Why would I?" I lied again, closing my eyes at the sharp pain in my chest.

Standing there with both hands resting against his hips, my cousin scoffed. He shook his head, the fluff he called hair bouncing along as he looked at me intensely. 

"Please Jeong, stop lying to me." Taewook whinedand helped me up from the floor before tilting his head to the left, checking the only customer entering the store.

"Alright. I was mad."

I did that sometimes, crying because I was too mad, but not this time. This time anger wasn't what got my eyes all red and itchy, my nose running and my lips swollen. 

"Where were you?" he asked, patting my back a little too hard.

"Auntie's restaurant," I replied and shoved him away "She wouldn't shut up about me being a gangster."

"Well, you kinda are," Taewook replied. He glanced around, eyes widened as he brought his finger to rest against his lips, signaling to keep my voice down "The sheriff's wife is in here." he said and I coughed. 

"W-what?" 

"She has been strolling on—"

"Let me guess, aisle 14?" I scorned and he nodded. 

"What's with that aisle?" Taewook asked but I ignored him.

"Like mother like daughter..." I mumbled and his mouth open as if ti say something. Of course I didn't let him, he talks way too much. Rolling my eyes, I put my palm over his mouth, threatening to throw my water bottle at him.

"You've been hanging out with the sheriff's daughter?!" he whisper-screamed "Do you want to die?" 

"I'm already dead." I shrugged. Okay that was too emo, Jeong "Whatever."

Letting my hand fall from my cousin's mouth and drop to my side, I stretched my neck and took a deep breath in. Adjusting my jacket and fixing my hair, I proceeded to take a step forward only to stop once Taewook started talking.

"Where are you going? he asked and I glared at him, beginning to walk away from him and to aisle 14.

"To see if the lady needs help." I shrugged, burying my hands in the pockets of my stained pants as I made my way near Nayeon's mother.

There she was, back turned against me while she looked at the items on the shelves. From the back she looked exactly like Nayeon, same height, mannerisms. The woman's hair was way longer though, nearly as long as her white dress.

"Excuse me, do you need—" I started and she turned around, startled. 

"Oh, dear god! You scared..me." the woman trailed off.

What's with this family always dressing in white? And why isn't the sheriff dressing in white too if he likes the color so much? If he wanted he couldn't easily made a white suit and force everyone in the station to wear them too, just like he did with the women in his life. Is purity only for women to showcase they have? Are we the only ones obligated to feel and be viewed as the innocent souls who have never sinned? This is bull.

"I'm sorry." I bowed and she moved closer, smiling bitterly. 

"You look just like her." the woman whispered, reaching to hold my hand.

"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter