The past we can't leave behind

The challenge of loving deeply

"I always had an enemy by my shoulder from the day i was born. It was my sister. Kim Jungsu." Jongin begun his voice already sounding tired. Kyungsoo had heard of Jongin's sister name before. He even had some basic knowledge of what she was like from the numerous articles written about her. She was a beloved figure in the social media and everyone was admiring her for putting up with her devious brother. He read how she had found love in the face of an excellent man, gotten married and birthing a child and how her father finally had given her the attention she deserved and pushed his undeserving son aside. The whole nation was cheering for her as if she was a hero of a movie. And then the whole nation mourned her when she lost her life with her husband on a private airplane crash. In the end the child ending up in the hands of her vile uncle who wouldn't be able to provide her a loving home and family affection.

"She was like a poison you could say, someone who could make everyone turn their backs on me. It was almost harmless when we were kids. She was just trying to gain our fathers favour. Small lies like how i pushed her on some game or how i insulted her calling her ugly or whatever. It didn't bother me , father didn't care. But then we grew older and she became manipulative. She was an adult and i was teen. I trusted her. She would introduce me to people , not the kind of people a sixteen year old should hang around. Then the articles would pop up about my adventures. I didn't even know it was her who was calling the paparazzis. She was giving them details and information of stories that had never happened." It was impossible for Jongin to hide the bitterness of his voice. He wasn't even trying. There was nothing left but bitterness for his oldest sister who had played such a sick trick on him and manipulated anyone who chose to believe her.

"I was attacked by every corner whenever i asked for help from my 'friends' they would deny me and i would go back to her defeated and alone and she would manipulate me into ruining myself further." Kyungsoo was looking at him speechless.

"I don't understand why would she do something like this?" 

"Of course you don't understand. I couldn't understand it either. It was only because of Suho that i started to suspect her. At first i didn't believe it , it is rather sad to tell you how difficult it was for me to believe that my own sister was hurting me this way." He paused for a second feeling too overwhelming to continue.

"I can't possibly imagine how i would feel if every newspaper wrote lies about me" Kyungsoo thought out loud.

"That wasn't what hurt. I didn't cared about the lies , i was devastated because they were coming from her. I really loved my sister Kyungsoo. We didn't have a mother and growing up she was the strong female figure that I confined to. I was even scared to confront her about it. But i had to know why. You know what she said?" Jongin eyes was glimmering hot tears runned down his cheeks as he remembered her poisonous words.

 

"It is your fault Nini . It tis your fault you exist. Since the day you were born you stole everything from me. You had all our attention just because you were born a weak little boy. I was jealoud of you and wanted everything you would get. The money , the fame , the family business. I wanted it all but life was unfair to me. So i am going to be unfairly cruel to you." She explained her stare cold felt like a punishment on her shivering younger brother.

"B-but we are family, i-i love you Jungsu. Don't you l-love me?" The shattering boy asked with all his heart on his sleeve.

"A world were i would be nothing but a loving sister it's just too cruel for meto live in. Why would i do that ehen i can easily create a much better world for me? I guess i am sorry Nini." 

 

"I was lost for the next few years, i had nowhere to lean on, everyone taking my sister's side as she achieved greatness. A great marriage everyone approved, an adorable baby daughter my old man fell in love with. She was a wonder with the business, my father wa proud. My father" Kyungsoo thought that Jongin couldn't look more broken but he was wrong he could feel Jongin's heartache when he talk about his father.

"He was the only one left for me. The only one that would spare me his time even though i could see the disappointment in his eyes when he looked at me." Jongin was now trembling and Kyungsoo had to hold his arms or else he would fall on his knees.

"She appeared in front of him covered in bruises. She said i had abused her cause i was jealous of her success. But the bruises were fame Kyungsoo. IT WAS ALL A LIE." Jongin kept repeating that last sentence and all Kyungsoo did was to assure him that he believed him.

"My father died from a heart attack that day. They said it was from a great shock." Jongin had almost forgot were he was . Who he was standing with. Suddenly he was back at his father's funeral. Were everyone kept a distance from him as a clever disturbing rumour had spread that it was his fault his father had passed away. Jongin couldn't care less ,no rumour could hurt him more, no one could take anything from him now that he had nothing. Nothing in his heart. His sister came to his side. She held his hands and whispered in his ear. 

"I won NiNi, its finally over." She had stepped back and for a second only he noticed her sad expression turning into glee.

"She didn't live long enough to enjoy her efforts. When i learned about her accident i thought i was going to be happy. But i cried for her Kyungsoo. I hated her but when she was gone i wished i was gone instead."

"I am sorry Jongin" Kyungsoo voice brought him back to reality. They were standing close. So close that the only thing Jongin could see was that terribly sad expression on Kyungsoo's face. Kyungsoo who had just heard the truth for the most infamous man of this country. And that was the truth, Kyungsoo believed that.

"I am ashamed to admit that i used to believe to your sisters stories." The feeling of bitterness was back but Jongin also felt a little warmth filling his heart.

"You know, you are the first person i have ever met to apologize to me for that. When you cause me the least harm." Kyungsoo pouted his lips forming an irresistible shape tha send a wave of passion to run through Jongin's body.

"You look really beautiful tonight." Kyungsoo only now seemed to realise he was dressed so lightly exposing so much of himself.

"I didn't expect to meet anyone. I always were a comfortable t-shirt when i go to bed." Kyungsoo started explaining but Jongin couldn't understand his hesitation to expose himself to him.

"Kyungsoo who told you that it's a bad thing to look attractive?" 

"It's not bad, but it's not true for me. You can't possibly tell me that i am attractive when you have met someone like my brother."

"Oh Baekhyun is good looking, i guess he could charm a type of curtain people." Jongin said nonchalantly. "But you.." His palms caressed his blushing cheeks and then they slipped on the skin of his neck. "How can you possibly not realize how beautiful you trully are? How magnificent?" A wetness was forming at the base of Kyungsoo bright eyes.

"Sir, you don't have to lie to me" Jongin didn't know what to do with the first man that for many years had believe he was a greater man than everyone else believed him to be. Not when he was the most beautiful creature he had ever seen. So he did the only thing he could. He kissed him...