Green looks good on you

The challenge of loving deeply

Agreeing to let Baekhyun live with him felt like Kyungsoo was taking a ride on a train he knew was going to crash. But there was no way to avoid it. He couldn't possibly hide Baekhyun inside his room forever. And the latter seemed eager to explore the house he was going to spend some time in.

"You have to show me around Baby Soo." Baekhyun stepped out of the bathroom having taken a shower and now looking amazing wearing only a thin robe.

"If you get dressed i might." Kyungsoo wasn't going to take Baekhyun anywhere looking like this.

"You are so prudent Kyungsoo that's why we never have any fun together." Kyungsoo knew what Baekhyun meant by that. On a number of occasions his older brother would try to convince Kyungsoo to lay back and join him on his vip parties but he wouldn't have none of that. That kind of life wasn't for him. When Baekhyun was slightly more presentable he allowed him to follow him outside the room. Baekhyun grabbed him by the arm while the walked and leaned his head on his shoulders. It was something he used to do a lot after the accident when he couldn't yet support his whole weight on his feet. Kyungsoo's heart clenched with the memories of his brother's past and for a moment he was grateful to have him close. And then they pumped into Mr Kim.

"Mr Do" Jongin looked at his brother with surprise on his face and Kyungsoo felt his brother jolt upwards in an instant. Jongin's eyes fell on him and Kyungsoo noticed he was glowing. Maybe he was happy to see him. Maybe he was eager to meet his brother.

"Sir, allow me to introduce to you my brother Baekhyun." Baekhyun who had recognise the rich man from the photos in those gossip magazines he loved to read had completely change his posture. He seemed careless , had an inviting look on his eyes and his lips had parted enough for a provoking smile to escape them.

"I will allow you." Jongin looked please with the effect he had on Baekhyun and it left Kyungsoo with a bitter feeling in his stomach. He couldn't blame it on his brother thought. Jongin was the kind of man who had that effect on anyone. 

"Your younger brother i suppose." Baekhyun laughed and Kyungsoo wished his brother would close his mouth forever.

"He is actually my older brother." At that Jongin decided he was suddenly very interested in his nanny's relative.

"That is so strange i would never guess the older one would look so relaxed compared to the younger one." In Kyungsoo's mind that sounded like a offence towards his brother but it might have been the other way around. Baekhyun didn't seemed to care. He just laughed it off when Kyungsoo thought there was no real reason to laugh. But maybe that was Baekhyun's secret to success with the social world. To look like he wasn't quite aware of the way people viewed him or the comments they left on his way. That's how he survived the game and came out a winner.

"It's nothing like that Mr Kim, my brother is just a bit serious. He always has been. You wouldn't be surprised to know that his favourite colour is gray." Kyungsoo tried to convince himself that his brother wasn't intentionally trying to make him look boring when that wasn't true at all. Baekhyun wasn't trying to hurt him he just always said the first thing that came to his mind and that was something Kyungsoo used to like about him. But not right now it seemed.

"You know i also like red Baekhyun, it just i can't always wear red cause i would look like a clown." His brother had seemed taken aback. Usually Kyungsoo didn't bother to correct anything he said. It was the first moment since they met Kim Jongin that his brother spared him a glance and Kyungsoo knew that he saw right through him. And his smile became dangerous.

"You should wear more colours then Baby Soo, i think green would look good on you." Kyungsoo pretended he couldn't catch the meaning of his brother's words but he was sure that even Jongin would be able to understand the situation. Kyungsoo must have lost his mind because he made himself an obvious fool in front of them and he wished to disappear. But it was too late now.

"You should bring your brother to dinner Mr Do." Jongin said bringing him back to reality and Kyungsoo tried not to stare at his beautiful eyes while he was giving meaning to the strange looks he gave to him and his brother.

"It will be my pleasure." Baekhyun said while Jongin was already leaving them behind. They decided to continue their walk and Baekhyun quickly fall into the position he was before they met with the house owner. Kyungsoo hated how he got upset over his brother behaviour so easily. 

"You shouldn't have been so casual with him, he isn't that nice." Baekhyun hummed in consideration.

"How would i know that you never told me about him. In fact i didn't even know you two had met before." Kyungsoo didn't know what to say to that. It was impossible to explain , at least in a way that made sense, why Kyungsoo hadn't mentioned any of his interactions with Jongin on their phone calls.

"Is it what i think it is Kyungsoo? Do you have a crush?"

"Don't be ridiculous , he is my boss." He responded quickly. He saw Baekhyun nodding his head never missing a sparkle in his eyes. 

"That's how you call him when he takes you to bed." Kyungsoo had a fleeting desire to slap his older brother's mouth but he hold himself back.

"I think this is great Kyungsoo you should go for it. The man is filthy rich if he likes you it would be a great chance for you." Kyungsoo hated the way Baekhyun talked about Jongin. Instead of seeing the beautiful man Kyungsoo had grown fond of Baekhyun saw him as loaded bank account. 

"Don't speak like that you sound like…" Kyungsoo didn't finish his sentence afraid he would hurt his brother who was rather sensitive about that matter.

"Like what? A gold digging , i know what you think of me Kyungsoo. I know what i am!" Baekhyun yelled and run off. Kyungsoo runned after him only to stop at his feet when he saw his older brother pumped into a very confused seven year old. 

"Are you two fighting?" Haeun asked her voice shy wouldn't be able to be heard if it wasn't so quiet. Baekhyun bent over so that his eyes will reach the same height as the little girl. He then gave her one of his famous disarming smiles and the girl immediately blushed.

"We were fighting , but we are siblings we are supposed to fight all the time."

"I don't have siblings." The little girl said with a bit of sadness.

"You are a very lucky girl." Baekhyun and for a second the girl smiled. He looked up at Kyungsoo like she had something important to ask him.

"Are we going to play dress up tonight." Kyungsoo thought that the time wasn't ideal but before he could turn her down his brother was quick to respond.

"My princess it would be an honour to do so." He picked up the girl in his arms bridal style and he start moving but then he quickly came back to his brother.

"I don't know where her room is, why don't you lead the way Baby Soo." And Kyungsoo hated him. But Kyungsoo loved him. Kyungsoo loved and hated his brother at the same time.