Confrontations 'A full one-eighty'

The challenge of loving deeply

Baekhyun didn't even return back home that day. It was obvious he would stay alone tonight. But he couldn't sleep. So he started cleaning. He cleaned the floor , every corner of that tiny apartment. He tried to put in order the mess that his life had become. What Baekhyun had done. Kyungsoo thought about it. It was obvious that Baekhyun was the one who sold this story to the media and Kyungsoo was so ashamed for not having figured this out earlier. Was he really so blinded when it came to his brother? It made him feel like he was some kind of terrible person for trusting him. No, there was no way he could fix this. It had already been done. Kyungsoo had managed to wound the already bleeding heart of Jongin. So he tried to focus on things he was going to fix. He cleaned every glass , every plate. He even cleaned that scary thousands years old set of Chinese pottery that their grandparents had left then with. He cleaned like his life depended on it. Like that was his punishment. But nothing could make him feel better. He suspected that nothing would ever. He run to the closet and started tidying up Baekhyun clothes. But suddenly his hands worked on his own. His mind blurred and he started throwing the clothes around the room making a huge mess. He started yelling but that was enough. He threw himself on the floor and started reaping every piece of fabric that could reach. This lasted for hours thought at some point Kyungsoo was simply taking out his feelings without causing much damage to the luxurious brands. Expensive clothes was so withstanding , who knew! The morning came and Baekhyun found him passed out on the floor. 

"What the hell happened here?" He tried to wake up his brother but what he didn't know was that Kyungsoo had never fallen asleep in the first place. Baekhyun screamed when Kyungsoo suddenly pulled him down on the floor with him and pinned him with his weight. 

"You... are not a very good brother" his voice was calm but Baekhyun could hear the anger his brother was holding in.

"Are you drunk?" Baekhyun was disbelieving his own words. There was no way Kyungsoo would act this way sober but then again his brother was never a big fan of alcohol. Something was definitely wrong. And let's just say Baekhyun knew he wasn't an innocent angel lately. He was scared.

"I wish! Then i could do something crazy , like flash your ty face down the toilet, you piece of !" Baekhyun immediately knew that Kyungsoo must have figured think out somehow. He wasn't going to play pretend anymore.

"So what? You found out about the scandal? Don't be so melodramatic Soo"

"You aren't even going to apologize? Don't you know how much you hurt me?"

"I didn't do this to hurt you i did this to help you, and i would do it again" Baekhyun exclaimed proudly. To that Kyungsoo could only respond with punches on his brother sensitive stomach , trying to inflict as much pain as possible without seriously traumatizing him. Kyungsoo wasn't crazy. He wasn't going to jail so soon in his life. 

 

The rest of the day went along the lines of Baekhyun staying on an empty stomach and Kyungsoo eating cookies in front of him while denying him to have any.

"I am not going to feel guilty about this Soo, no matter how long you are going to keep me without food privileges." No matter what Baekhyun would say Kyungsoo would only glared at him while biting another cookie. 

"I know you think you can hate me. But can you really Soo?" Baekhyun challenged Kyungsoo patience because he knew the younger didn't have any.

"I HATE YOU BAEKHYUN!" Kyungsoo slapped his mouth immediately after he spoke mad at himself for falling for Baekhyun's trap.

"Come on Soo let's leave this behind as. You don't have much experience with that stuff anyway."  Kyungsoo gripped the next cookies so hard he shred it to pieces. 

"No i don't have any idea how to create fake stories and sell them to the highest bidder."

"First of all the story was a 100% true , and second, i meant Jongin. You don't have experience in man like Jongin." Kyungsoo immediately looked away . He was not ready to talk about Jongin yet. It still hurt too much.

"You look so miserable." Baekhyun noticed and he felt a sting at his heart because he knew this was his fault.

"I am jealous of you" he suddenly blurted out and it was only when Kyungsoo eyes him shock apparent at his face that Baekhyun realised what he said.

"I mean , i don't think i have ever felt so strongly about anything in my life. I was never so sad. Not even back at the hospital. I watched you cry but i didn't even shed a tear." Kyungsoo hesitated. He doesn't remember when was the last time Baekhyun spoked about the times in the hospital. The older had pushed the past away, and moved on with his life. At least that was what Kyungsoo thought before.

"Baekhyun. Are we having THE talk?" 

"I think it's a little late now but… i want to talk with you about everything. And you should tell me about Jongin. You should tell me everything"

"Everything…" Kyungsoo repeated to himself. And then it happened. They talk about the past. Baekhyun revealed things about his relationships that Kyungsoo never knew before. 

How he had to put up with people that Kyungsoo wouldn't tolerate even for one minute. How people made fun of his accident and his scar and he always smiled with them. And Kyungsoo learned that Baekhyun never had it easy in the first place. In a way Baekhyun was also trying hard to make things better for them. Kyungsoo made some revealing of his own. He talked about his relationship with Jongin. How lonely he felt all this years. How nice it was to feel wanted , to be noticed. And it was so easy to talk about this with Baekhyun. Cause even if Kyungsoo wouldn't admit it he could never hate his brother. Not even if he murdered someone one day and asked him for help to bury the body. And by the time all the cookies had disappeared Kyungsoo had already forgiven his brother. It was easy to do so because he loved him.

"I know you don't believe me." Baekhyun was holding his hand. " I am extremely selfish and i take you for granted and i know you are right to blame me for what i did. It's true i know. But that doesn't mean i don't love you Kyungsoo. And i want to protect you." Kyungsoo looked down and frowned at the hand that was covering his.

"Is that what you did? Protected me?"

"I don't even know what i did, i am just… not as good as you i guess." Baekhyun voice sounded so broken and Kyungsoo didn't want to see his brother crying. It had never happened before and Kyungsoo didn't know if he could bear it right now.

"You liked him so much and i thought… i was going to lose you" A single tear fell from his eyes and Kyungsoo knew. His brother that lied as easily as he breathed was finally saying the truth. Kyungsoo couldn't believe what he was seeing. He was looking at his brother but it was his father's eyes that was looking back at him . Those beautiful eyes that mirrored the soul . Baekhyun had those eyes when he cried. 

"Baekhyun never" Baekhyun was so lost at his feelings that Kyungsoo had to shake him to get his attention. "Listen to me! That will never happen. It's you and me always. The rest of the world can screw themselves. Don't forget that"

"I won't" he whispered and they both stayed silent for a while. Kyungsoo felt his heart becoming lighter when Baekhyun finally stopped crying. 

"God everyone is out to get us in this world. I hate everyone!" Baekhyun joked and he gave Kyungsoo an odd look that meant he just had a very stupid idea in his head. Baekhyun's laugh had lightened the mood and Kyungsoo welcomed the change.

"What are you thinking?" He asked suspicious of his brother's plans.

"I want to take you somewhere." Baekhyun stood up and nodded his brother to follow him. "The night is young and full of trouble we could get into"

"But it's Wednesday!" Kyungsoo said scandalized with Baekhyun's idea of a fun night.

"I have so much to teach you Baby Soo" 

And that's how Kyungsoo found himself in tights and eyeliner. He looked himself in the mirror and couldn't believe how different he seemed like his personality had made a full one-eighty. It wasn't the worst he ever looked if he had to be honest.

"Don't you feel a little like Cinderella?" Baekhyun said admiring his work of art.

"Is this how Cinderella felt? Like a cheap hoe?" Baekhyun was ready to give him a piece of his mind when the doorbell ranged. Kyungsoo didn't even wanted to ask who his brother had invited for tonight's outing he just went to answer the door. 

He was expecting another equally inappropriate dressed fellow to greet him on the other side but instead he was face with a very unimpressed look . The man on the door was wearing a suit and tie and his face said serious even if he didn't say a word.

"Suho! What are you doing here?"

"I am sorry Mr Do i am going to have to kidnap you, please don't yell, okey?" Kyungsoo didn't know what to say. Maybe he had completely gone crazy because when he opened his mouth the only thing that came out was this.

"Nice…"