A private library

The challenge of loving deeply

Jongin felt like a predatory wolf cornering his prey. And that thought wasn't unpleasant. The last few years he has spent every moment trying to chase away people from his life but things felt different with Kyungsoo. No matter how hard he tried he couldn't stay away from the nanny , and the way Kyungsoo was looking at him like he was suspicious of his motives was tempting him. That suspicious look and Mr Do's disability to look scared in front of him like everyone else did always managed to upset him when they were alone together. Jongin hold on the doorknob tightened while he was watching Kyungsoo taking a step inside . Then he immediately stopped.

"Sir i find it very uncomfortable to be inside your private rooms." Kyungsoo said while bringing his arms on a strong hold around his chest , clearly judging him on his head. And Jongin was a siple man , not a very good man as well. He had to master every ounce of self restraint not to pick him up in his arms and drop him on his bed.

"We need to fix this offended ity look you have going on Mr Do , it's not so charming." Jongin but it had no effect on Kyungsoo . He just looked around bored. Jongin wanted to get some kind of reaction out of him so he smiled showing his perfect teeth reminding himself again of a wolf.

"If you are so eager to share a bed with me , you should just say so . Games are just for little kids don't you think Mr Do." 

"Sir..." The tone of his voice revieled that he was not going to put up with such behaviour but he didn't run away. Jongin chuckled and moved away further inside the room. He gave Kyungsoo space to follow him . He didn't know what he was going to do if Kyungsoo just turned around and left him alone. The thought made him freak out. And who wouldn't turn their back on a guy like him? That was the reaction he should be expecting. But Kyungsoo suprized him yet again when he followed behind him confidently. Jongin didn't want to admit it but he liked it. His heart skipped a bit when he heard Kyungsoo closing the door behind them. He wonder who was it possible to feel this way when a guy like him wasn't supposed to feel anything. His heart was made out of cold stone. At least that's what everyone said. Jongin pointed at a comfortable leather couch and allowed himself to triumph when Kyungsoo shat down obedient. Kyungsoo eyed his surroundings and nodded to himself . 

"I have been before at the library at the first floor but yours, even though its smaller, it's not less impressive." Kyungsoo was looking at the books and not him , but Jongin was sure that he saw a small smile forming at his heart-shaped lips.

"Endless crime mysteries next to worn out books about astronomy and... Are those books of greek mythology next to the entire collection of Harry Potter?" 

"It is a shigned first edition collection obviously."

"You should be careful with them" Kyungsoo said quietly and then added. "Books can say too many things for someone , more things than any other possession can actually. More things than anyone else can say. Especially those worn out books with wrinkled pages they can reveal awkwards truths about their owners." Jongin started feeling dizzy . Almost like he was drunk . He was supposed to do something , say anything. He was supposed to stop Kyungsoo from looking at his books. Cause he didn't want him to discover the hidden truth about him . He didn't want anyone to know the truth about him. He was comfortable in playing the villain. The more people feared him , the more powerful he was. He couldn't be weak in front of anyone . He wouldn't allow himself to trust anyone. He shoud stop Kyungsoo from coming to close tothe truth. Kyungsoo wouldn't believe the truth anyway.

"Do you want to read any of them?" He asked whispering closely to Kyungsoo's ear. The young man in question stared at the collection of books for a while avoiding Jongin's eyes. 

"There are so many , i wouldn't know which one to choose." He said while he admired the quality and quantity of the books on the selfs. Kyungsoo thought to himself that he wouldn't mind getting lost in them for a couple of hours.

"What about this one?" Jongin said while he picked out an interesting books titled ' The inexplicable light' which seemed quite philosophical and mysterious. Jongin opened the book and he turned each page violently untill one of them teared from the book. 

"Stop doing that. Give it to me." Kyungsoo felt a need to protect the book from the hands of the cruel man. But Jongin hold the book thightly not giving it up.

"Please Jongin give it to me i just want to read it." Jongin gave up. At the sound of Kyungsoo pleading voice calling his name his mind froze for a second . He felt his heart beat speeding . He lost control over his emotions and actions. 

"Will you read it for me?" He heard himself asking but that couldn't really be him. He never asked anyone before for anything. What he wanted he just took it . But he was nervous now. His heart clung to hope that Kyungsoo wouldn't deny him. He wanted him to accept him more than he wanted to use him. In fact Jongin wanted Kyungsoo a lot.

"I like.. i like your voice." Jognin caught himself before he said something stupid he would regret later.

"Alright i can do that." Kyungsoo said and started reading out loud the words written on each page of the book . And Jongin listen to him . He started wondering. Was he really coming to trust the prudent man in front of him. Was he ready to open up himself to him . For a man that searched for truth inside his books . Jongin wanted to try it. Even though it seemed like he was entering a battle he wouldn't easily win. He wanted Kyungsoo's heart . He wanted all of him.