The epilogue

The challenge of loving deeply

Kyungsoo returned to Jongin's life once and for all by the end of spring. He had to take care of a few things before he could give himself to the man who had turned his life upside down. Haeun was thrilled with the idea of Mr Do living with them forever while on the other side Baekhyun hated the idea. But it was impressive how quickly he changed his mind when Jongin bought him an expensive apartment as compensation for taking his younger brother. Some people never change. But Baekhyun became less of a nuisance to Jongin gradually. The new Baekhyun, referring to Baekhyun after the new apartment, was someone who didn't care about his connections with the elite world and lived his life for his own. 

"I am a beauty blogger now, you think i have the time to play the babysitter Mr Kim just so you can make out with my brother uninterrupted?" Kyungsoo would never ask such a favour but Jongin knew how much his brother owned them and he didn't hold back with giving him a chance to make it up to them. 

"Is that even a thing?" He asked as sarcastic as ever at Haeun's birthday. They were all sitting together and had just finished their slices of birthday cake that Suho had prepared, everyone waiting for the right moment to steal some more birthday cake. Haeun was just reading a book leaning on Baekhyun side when he casually put an arm around her to make the little girl more comfortable. This was probably the best birthday party Kyungsoo had attended in years.

"I teach and inspire the younger generation with the use of makeup and brushes. It is a noble job and you are all very proud of me i know" 

"Kids are looking up to you? The world is marching to its doom!" Suho commented praying that Baekhyun's practices won't ruin the lifes of the young and innocent. Jongin found himself smiling through their bickering. By the time he and Kyungsoo had found themselves the perfect apartment Jongin wasn't reluctant to letting Baekhyun spent time with them. He even enjoyed his company. And it wasn't only Baekhyun that entered Jongin's friends list. He really opened up to the world. He became friends with a lot of incredible people and he held fancy events that had the public eye impressed. The media quickly changed their image of him but Jongin couldn't care less. It was in the middle of an event like that when Jongin introduce to the world his boyfriend and love of his life Do Kyungsoo . Kyungsoo in return gave Jongin the most valuable thing in his possession. A ring that his father had left him after his passing. For Jongin that simple silver ring with the black line in the middle was more valuable than every other jewelry he had worn before.

"This is a promise ring" Kyungsoo had stated looking deep in Jongin's eyes.

"What am i promising?"

"Your heart,soul, mind and body" Kyungsoo was leaving kisses at his exposed neck while breathing each word and Jongin could never deny him anything in that state.

"Can i at least keep my cars?" Jongin said but he was diving into the familiar bliss of Kyungsoo's touch on his body.

"I only want you" and let's just say they never wasted their time alone. Jongin let his boyfriend lead him to a life far away from bitterness and way to deep into sweetness.

 

Haeun was having the time of her life meeting people her age and making new friends buy Kyungsoo had found himself in a chaotic mess. Suho proved to be a secret blessing when it came to remembering the names of every kids parents and scheduling meetings with all of Haeun's new friends. Kyungsoo couldn't thank him enough so he gave his brother's advice a chance and befriended the older male. When they become closer Suho confessed to him the reason he avoided him for so long.

"I was so surprised by you, Jongin had put you under his target and i thought you wouldn't last long so i didn't bother getting attached. I should have never underestimated you Soo you surpassed my expectations!" Suho had given him a light put in his shoulders and Kyungsoo was going to give a very appreciative response if Baekhyun didn't interrupted the conversation.

"OMG you won't believe who just DMed me Soo. It was Oh Sehun. He said he saw my videos and wants to be a model for a makeup look i am deceased!" He shouted excited.

"Like i used to beg for attention from any random guy but to actually get it from people i want to notice me that's the real ! I have succeeded in life!" Baekhyun couldn't contain his joy and it was contaminating. Kyungsoo glanced at Suho who had a small smile on his face while listening to his older brother's rambling.

"Your brother's definition of success is… unique" he whispered to Kyungsoo who laughed out loud unexpectedly gaining an odd look from his brother.

 

That same day Jongin and Kyungsoo bedroom was invaded by a tearful Haeun and a very apologetic Baekhyun rushing behind her.

"I only left her alone with my computer for just a minute… maybe five minutes but kids these are so fast" Everyone ignored Baekhyun and moved closely to the child that looked so hurt beyond compare.

"Is it really true that you adopted me because you hate my mother? To make my life hell?" Kyungsoo had stayed completely silent he was waiting for Jongin to clear this misunderstanding.

"How would i do that? Give you a room under the staircase like Harry potter's uncles or feed you with vegetables for the rest of your life?" He joked " Haeun no one could give you hell you are the toughest girl i know" Jongin said with a calm voice giving the little girl time to think about it.

"Yeah that's true but… do you hate me?" She was looking at him in the eyes and it was so clear that she was only an eight year old girl no matter how smart she looked in her fancy dress. Jongin immediately realised how much Kyungsoo had changed him. Jongin of the past would  doubt anyone's feelings. But Jongin now knew what love meant. He was feeling it everyday. So he took the little girl in his arms where she belonged.

"The law says i am your guardian" he said. He like feeling her weight on his knees, the feeling of love deep in his heart, he would protect her even with his bare hands if necessary. "But for me you are my daughter Haeun and i will love you forever!" Haeun was now comfortable and happy in her uncles arms but that didn't mean she was content. She looked up and her eyes met with Kyungsoo's who was whipping his own tears. She opened her arms inviting the smaller man in.

"I couldn't believe i could love you two more but everyday i am proven wrong" he hugged them both tightly.

"Of course we love everyone so much we are family!" Jongin exclaimed enthusiastically.

"Everyone" Baekhyun teased while he was watching the from the side with a smile.

"Don't push your luck leach" Suho inviting himself inside the room and took a picture of the happy family.

"I never thought you would settle Jongin. Before you Kyungsoo there was an infinite line of meaningless affairs and it didn't seemed like it was ever going to end" Suho remarks , thinking of the past with distress.

"Thank you Suho that's what i wanted Kyungsoo to know about me" Jongin said sarcastically.

"Anyway why isn't anyone knocking before entering my room?". Suho and Baekhyun looked at each other and then at the same time they responded.

"Knock knock" Haeun and Kyungsoo burst out laughing. And Jongin was shocked for a second but he gave in to his family happiness.

         

           "My love is true...it doesn't come and go

              It doesn't get blown away by the wind

        My love stays true...it finds relief in your arms

           It finds warmth in the fire in your eyes

         My love is true... It is an ocean you can't see

     You can't explain it but you can feel it all the same

        My love is true... And it is love only for you"