First impressions

The challenge of loving deeply

He was simply insufferable. Born into a rich family he had grown with great an ego and not so great attitude. And the worst thing about him , he was supposed to be so outrageously handsome that people just accepted him being a jerk cause it balanced things out. Not that Kyungsoo care to know how he looked like.

"Don't be so melodramatic D.O" his brother Baekhyun sighed, his brown straightened hair moving around in front of his face like they did every time he released a breath. Kyungsoo glared at him. He was only voicing his concerns about his new job as the nanny of the seven year old that was under the custody of an irresponsible man he would have to call his boss. And maybe his brother was more tiresome than usually , giving him pep talk and reminding him that they needed the money. Baekhyun cared for him , they cared for each other . They only had each other . Their parents had died many years ago in a car accident one that almost took Baekhyun life away . It didn't. 

"I am not melodramatic , not at all" he replied. Baekhyun looked at him through the bedroom mirror , a bedroom they shared for three years now . A bedroom he would have to leave behind for a long time if he accepted the job.

"You will not even see him . You will work as a nanny for his , let's be real, not so beloved niece and that's it . He will not have any reason to mess with you." he concluded and applied a second layer of mascara on his eyelashes with no intention of listening to any more complaints. Kyungsoo had to remind himself that Baekhyun was an expert on such things . Baekhyun was hanging out with people like Kim jongin . He received education in private schools and had a massive social life with the intent of becoming the future lover of a rich someone. Which they both knew he could do . Baekhyun was older and his beauty would often leave man and woman equally speechless. He had that flair about him that attracted people's attention. Kyungsoo on the other hand had secluded himself in a life of work that payed the bills of Baekhyuns life . And the job he was about to accept would be the highest paying job among others. 

"According to rumors Mr Kim had to get rid of all woman and men that tried to fill the position cause the all had been distracting " Baekhyun smiled and gave Kyungsoo a knowing look. 

"That's why you are perfect for the position" The agency that had contacted the job interview had already agreed with hiring Kyungsoo as the new nanny and so all he had to do was prepare a small luggage for the trip all the way to the countryside residence were Kim jongin niece was living with him . Kyungsoo hadn't visited the countryside since he was a little boy back in time when his parents was still alive . And even that memory couldn't prepare him for the coldness that frozed his whole body the moment he step out of the train that had brought him this far. He had expected someone to come and pick him up but that didn't happen. He wanted to call for a taxi but the empty dirt roads in front of him made him realise that wouldn't be an option.After a long hour he chose to it up , wore the thickest and longest coat he had with him and followed the snowy road that according to his mobile map and a few direction he received would lead him to Mr Kim's residence. He kept walking even though his breath was becoming steadily heavier. He took a turn right and now he could see from afar the enormous house he would be spending the next months in. It didn't seem like a warm house . It didn't seem like a house at all . As he was getting closer his confidence begin to scatter. Suddenly a car passed by his side with enormous speed that forced him to his knees. 

"Hey , watch it" he yelled but didn't hoped for anything as the car continued to move forward. Then the car stopped . That was a clear sign from fate and Kyungsoo got up as fast as he could and run towards the car. Facing the driver he gave him one of his famous death glares while he seemed surprised to receiving it.

"If you are a driver you should try doing a better job don't you think?" The men looked at him through his expensive branded shades but he seemed speechless.

"You don't speak? That's fine , what isn't fine though is that no-one came to pick me up from the train station even though it was previously arranged and i had to walk all the way to the mansion while it's freezing cold." Kyungsoo was mad and the men in front of him looking so confused only made it worse. Suddenly he smiled like a mad man. 

"You don't know who i am , do you?" He finally said while he eyed Kyungsoo attire like he was silently judging his choice of clothing. 

"You are just running your mouth while you are wandering around my property while dressed in the ugliest coat i have ever seen . I don't understand is it supposed to resemble a tree trunk?" Kyungsoo mind had to work fast to put the pieces together but when he identified the person in front of him , he kept his cool composure and ignored his insult.

"I am not wandering around , i am heading to the gates of the house since i have a job that requires me to stay there , in case you were wondering i am the new nanny Do kyungsoo." He kept his introduction short and decided to move forward . The car followed shortly after him and stopped right in front of him blocking his way. The man came out of the car took of his glasses and gave him a sweet innocent smile while Kyungsoo scoffed at him .

"What is it Mr Kim?" He asked looking him straight in the eyes gritting his teeth. 

"Sir , you should call me sir from now on" Kim Jongin replied without breaking eye contact. 

"What is it , Sir?" Kyungsoo was losing his patience.

"Why don't you get in my car, i can get you there faster." Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and tightened the hold on his suitcase.

"I have been informed that the only way to keep this job is by keeping my distance … Sir" he tried moving past him but Mr Kim blocked his way by standing right in front of him. 

"I am not loving this tone of disrespect on your voice Kyungsoo" Mr Kim was trying to intimidate him but Kyungsoo wasn't that easily scared.

"Mr Do" now it was Jongin's turn to look annoyed .

"Excuse me?" He said disbelieving what he just heard.

"I would preferred it if you called me Mr Do , Sir" Kyungsoo wrapped up his response with a calculated bow and a grin that start spreading unexpectedly on his face. Before he moved he felt strong hand on him pushing him . He made a few steps backwards until his back was pressed up against the car door. He dared to look up into Mr Kim eyes. There was no amusement hiding there anymore . Instead Kyungsoo caught a glimpse of something strong. Something dangerous.

"Listen up Mr Do , i don't know what you have heard of me but i should warn you that i am much worse in person. I have destroyed many lives in my path and i could destroy yours. I am a living hell and i promise you if you try to play with me you are going to regret it . So if you are scared you should just say so and i will have you fired." Even if that statement shooked Kyungsoo to his core he decided to hide it . 

"I have no reason to fear you , i am only here to do my job unless you want to fire me already"

"Maybe i will" he looked at him without blinking deep into his eyes like he was trying to see through his soul. 

"That will be your decision to make , but you should at least let me meet with your niece" the moment Kyungsoo mentioned the child Jongin's demeanor changed immediately. He let him go and even smiled sweetly again.

"That is an excellent idea i will have her waiting for you the moment you enter the house. You should take five minutes to reach it if you keep a steady rhythm. But maybe your legs are shorter , i wouldn't know since you covered yourself from head to toe with that huge coat. It looks like it could withstand the Russian winter. No wonder it makes you look so thicc." Kyungsoo eyes widened us the words started to settle into his mind . Mr Kim had started the car and was now leaving him behind ."

Is he joking?" he had no time to wonder now he had to run.