Kim Haeun

The challenge of loving deeply

Fifteen minutes later Kyungsoo finally reached the house . While he was about to knock on the front door he wonder why he agreed to become a nanny. Was it really necessary to seclude himself in this old scary countryside residence with a man he never wanted to meet again. Why couldn't Baekhyun take this job , do something for himself for once. But he shouldn't think like that he scolded himself. This kind of thoughts made him sick. Baekhyun had almost lost him life and he fought so hard to survive, to walk again. He started feeling guilty again.

'Don't drawn into sorrow of the past' he mumbled to himself and rang the doorbell, the sound that reached his ears made him think he had traveled into the past in medieval times. He expected a knight in shining armour to welcome him inside . But when the door open he came face to face with a sweet sarcastic smile and the pair of the most beautiful lips. He tried not to get caught staring at them and quickly moved inside the house where he met the innocent brown eyes of a curious little face of a young girl. She had her light brown hair in a side french braid and there was one lovely mole on the left side of her chin . A little girl that looked so pretty but at the same time so miserable. 

"I don't need a nanny" she stated immediately in a rude manner that no little girl should treat an adult stranger . More so someone who she was supposed to spent so much time with in the future. 

"Of course not" Kyungsoo agreed " Nobody needs a nanny , but you are lucky enough to have one nonetheless." The girl seemed to consider her answer and stayed silent for a little while. 

"I am Kim Haeun" the little girl bite her lower lip in cute way that reminded Kyungsoo of her young age. "But you should know that already, people usually know that."

"Yeah i already know your name sweety , how could i ever agree to take a job if i didn't know the name of the child i would be looking after" the girl wasn't payed attention to him anymore . She was looking at the open door with a frown on her face. Kyungsoo closed the door with determination , which was not as easy as it appeared to be the door must have weighed a ton.  

"They usually run out the door , start texting on their phone and curse their luck by now" the girl comments when the door is finally shut. 

"Who are they?" Kyungsoo could have guessed who the girl was referring to. He was also feeling the need to escape this terrifying house . Looking around made him shiver , the floor ,the walls , the furniture everything thing was shining. Was it all made out of gold or was he just seeing things?.

"My previous nannies , did you know you are nanny number sixteen?" 

"I didn't know that , but i can promise you that i will stay for a while." The girl didn't seem to believe her.

"I wouldn't say that , many people think i am a very difficult child to look after." Kyungsoo smiled at her mischievously.

"Do you think you are a difficult child." Kim Haeun seemed to be at loss of words for the first time.

"I don't know, maybe" she replied with a low voice.

"Then maybe you aren't , it doesn't really matter to me anyway. Whether you are good or bad i know we are going to be great friends and that means we will stay friends for a while . Good friends don't ever judge or provoke each others character's." Kyungsoo could easily see through Haeun's expression . He saw a lonely girl who had lost her parents and was sent to live with an uncle she barely knew. He could understand her. He relaxed his posture around her and even took of his coat. That was the moment Mr Kim reminded him of his presence .

"She isn't really a difficult child just a young one we shouldn't trap her within the walls of what's proper or not." He said while taking a few steps closer to him. He wore dark blue jeans and a thin white t-shirt that did little to hide his muscular wide chest. 

"This child is already trapped inside walls , the walls of a really big house." Kyungsoo spoke without thinking . It wasn't easy when Mr Kim was in such close proximity . It made him feel strange. In fact it made him feel too much in too many places. Mr Kim who has been shamelessly staring at him the whole time suddenly gave his attention to his little niece.

"So what do you think , we shouldn't let the new nanny get all comfortable like the previous once and have you complain about him later. What if we let him go right now?" While Mr Kim spoke to the little girl the tone of his voice seemed, not nicer, but more careful. Then Kyungsoo realised the meaning of his words and got mad once again. 

"Excuse me are you debating on whether i should keep my job or not?" 

"Yes and it is a private conversation that you are rude enough to eavesdrop." Kyungsoo's eyebrows plunged into a frown so hard that a nerve must have popped. 

"I was just standing here , how can you be such a jerk right in my face" 

"You can't say that to a seven year old." He said grinning. Which gave Kyungsoo the impression that Mr Kim was teasing him.

"I was talking to you , Sir" he said deadly serious.

"Oh then you must think you have all the power around here. But when i look around i see the house where i grew up . The couch where i shared chips with my father . The stares from which i have fallen and broken both of my legs. But my memory must be false since this is clearly your house." Mr kim's pointed finger at him was poking his chest and it left Kyungsoo out of breath. His voice came out as a whisper.

"I thought this was also Haeun's house and she should have the right to decide on her own." 

"Well then you are wrong Mr Do , and you are fir…" a hand tucked Mr Kim's t-shirt and interrupted him.

"I like him , i want Mr Do to stay" it was Mr Kim's turn to look speechless. He blinked once , and then blinked twice without moving an inch. Then he must have realised how awkward he looked staring at them and he took his hand down.

"Your order is my command, my dear niece." He spoke in a joyful manner grabbed Haeun by her hand and took a turn to disappear into the house but not before he waved his hand in the air. The gesture looked odd but it must serve a purpose because seconds later another man entered the room. He was well dressed and seemed highly capable . He took Kyungsoo's suitcase and his coat and asked him to follow him.

"I have to apologize for not sending anyone to pick you up at the train station." He said in a way that didn't seemed sincere at all.

"It was alright , i had a nice walk and enjoy the beautiful scenery of the snowy countryside." He said trying not to sound sarcastic. The man turned around and gave him an odd look.

"You have spirit , that might help you out around here. I am Suho you can call me for everything you need. I hope you will find the rooms i prepared for you pleasing." Kyungsoo was quite surprised with the use of plural for his room but once he stepped into it he realised that it was justified. He must be dreaming . The apartment he and Baekhyun shared all this years wasn't big enough to cover this entire room that was apparently just his own living room . He then followed Suho to the next room which was an enormous closet . The bathroom looked like a spa and the bedroom itself looked like where a king would be probably spending the night. He couldn't resist it and he lied down on the soft mattress of the most beautiful bed . Suho left him alone soon after he explained where he should be later tonight for the house tour. Kyungsoo looked around . He felt lonely but he quickly buried the feeling . 

"I'll be fine , right?"