What is this pain?

The challenge of loving deeply

 

Kyungsoo was dressed in black from head to toe. He looked like he was joining a funeral and his expression wasn't much better. This was caused by a very bright , very lightly dressed older brother of his who had decided to work his charms with his boss. Jongin looked unimpressed which was only slightly relieving but he didn't pushed Baekhyun away. They had all taken sits at the dinner table. Kyungsoo was next to Haeun as usual and Jongin sat across him. Baekhyun took a sit right next to the beautiful man who didn't say anything about it. Baekhyun loose shirt was such a vibrant red that it messed up with Kyungsoo's vision but maybe it was his messed up feelings fault. He was feeling jealous and possessive. He felt like he was losing to his brother but there was not a single thing in this house that belonged to Kyungsoo for Baekhyun to take away. And especially not…

"You two look nothing alike." Jongin interrupted his thoughts and the silence they all had fallen since the start of the dinner. Baekhyun laughed again when there was nothing funny about that comment.

"But Mr Kim that's not true. So many people swear we look like twins." Kyungsoo shigned. Deeply. Then he glared at his brother with fury. 

"No one has ever said that Baekhyun. Not even one person. Never. You and i are very different people and i think we are both really happy about that." Baekhyun looked hurt for a second but he quickly dismissed it and smiled again.

"Geez Soo i was just kidding, i can never joke around with you." Kyungsoo decide to stay silent for the rest of the dinner. He tuned out Baekhyun's laughes , Jongin comments. They were having a pleasant conversation about the places Baekhyun had visited with his 'friends' and Kyungsoo really had nothing to add. He could see it. He was right there but he was disappearing from everyone's eyes. Next to his lively and fun brother Kyungsoo was dull and gloomy. That was truly one side of him. People he worked with, relatives and Baekhyun friends they all had decided that this minor side of him was defining what kind of person he was. What they wanted to see of him.

"Mr Do i am bored, i want to go back to my room." The little girl next to him said her voice only reaching him and unable to break the happy conversation Jongin and Baekhyun were having.

"I'll take you back." They both stood up and walked out of the room. Kyungsoo looked back only to find out that nobody was looking back at him.

Kyungsoo tackled Haeun carefully on her bed. It wasn't late but she looked tired and he didn't want to take his chances. He read her a fairy tale like he would usually and by the end of it the little girl's mind would be traveling in a faraway land. That wasn't the case today. Kyungsoo wondered what troubled her but he didn't have to ask she would eventually tell him. That's because she trusted him.

"Your brother is really handsome. He gets along with Uncle Jongin pretty well." Kyungsoo could only blink listening to a very perceptive child.

"Do you think he likes him?" She asked and looked at Kyungsoo curious for an answer. Kyungsoo wouldn't dare to disappoint her.

"He will probably." Kyungsoo knew his brother well enough to know that if he wanted Jongin to like him he would probably succeed.

"I don't like him. He looks nice but i like you better." Kyungsoo felt the worlds stirring something deep in his heart and he couldn't escape his next question.

"Why?" Kyungsoo waited impatiently. He needed to know why would someone like him.

"I'll tell you why. Because of maths, apples, dinners with my uncle and going to bed early. I mean...everyone always give me the things i like and that's easy. But not you. You help me enjoy even the things i hate. That's why i am really happy you are my friend." She didn't waited for a response she close her eyes and pretented to fall asleep a bit embarrassed from what she had revealed. Kyungsoo laughed genuinely and placed a kiss on her temple.

"Thank you Haeun" he whispered and saw a smile form on her lips. He left the little girls room with a much lighter heart than he had entered. After he returned to his room he noticed that Baekhyun wasn't there. He instantly became worried. This was an extremely big house and Baekhyun could have been lost. Kyungsoo wasn't so proud himself that he couldn't admit he had been lost a couple of times on the past. He went outside in search of his older brother. He went back a the dining room but it was empty save for Suho who was cleaning up. He looked at him annoyed but Kyungsoo choose to ignore it.

"Have you seen my brother?" He shooked his head with surprise and then smiled distastefully.

"You are asking me about your brother?You know him better than i do Mr Do. Don't play dump. I know you are not. You know very well were your brother is right now." The man returned back to cleaning not sparring a disbelieving Kyungsoo a glance. Kyungsoo was scared now visible shaking as he moved towards the place that his gut was telling him he had to be right now. A coward voice inside him was begging him to turn around. But he had to see this. If his brother was really the person Kyungsoo knew he was, then he would be there. And Kyungsoo didn't care to see what Baekhyun was doing. He needed to see Him. What He was doing. He was outside Jongin's private rooms. He could hear faint sounds coming from inside. He pushed the door without making any noise. And then he saw them. Baekhyun standing on the tips of his toes , his hands holding Jongin by the collar. Their heads tilted, their lips smashed together. Kyungsoo mind screamed but no one heard him. He closed the door and run back to his. When he was completely alone he fell down to the floor. He felt sick. He wanted to crawl back to bed but he wasn't strong enough. He didn't wanted to cry, but silent tears escaped him. Kyungsoo's sadness didn't last long. He was quickly consumed with anger. He cursed for the first time in his life until the anger subsided. He felt empty after a while.  He didn't want to think but his thoughts betrayed him. What happened shouldn't surprise him. Jongin could have pushed his brother away but he hadn't and Kyungsoo could understand why. Even if it broke his heart , it meant nothing. Nothing at all. This was nothing new. He never mattered at all.

 

 

 

 

I hated this chapter , so sad. Next chapter going to be so much better i promise!!!