The truth we can't share

The challenge of loving deeply

"I have to tell him" Kyungsoo wanted to run back at Jongin and prevent him from finding out about the article before they even had a talk about what happened between them last night. 

"Are you crazy! You want to tell him about this? Who do you think he is going to blame for this?" Baekhyun asked without trying to hide his irritation in his voice.

"Why would you say that about Jongin , he is not a crazy man to accuse me of being involved in this , he trusts me" Kyungsoo frowned at his brother's words and he tried to ignore the small part of himself that was worried that Baekhyun was right. He was afraid to admit that this situation might put a strain to his relationship with his boss especially if Jongin wouldn't believe him. But Jongin would believe him. Right?.

"I just can't believe that your name had to be involved in a scandal like that , with a man like that." Baekhyun said quietly almost talking to himself but Kyungsoo heard him and he couldn't fight the urge to defend Jongin.

"He isn't like that, you don't know anything about him how can you …"

"You like him that much huh? You have lost your mind haven't you. Kim Jongin is a monster Kyungsoo he is going to use you and throw you out . The moment he sees this it will be game over for you i promise." Baekhyun notice the sadness that overtook his little brother and his voice soften immediately. " That's why we should go now before he gets the chance to hurt you." Kyungsoo didn't want to feel hopeless like this. He didn't want to get hurt and for a moment he considered running away with his brother , but he had to face Jongin. He couldn't live him behind. Kyungsoo was scared but he wasn't a coward.

"I can't leave Baek." Baekhyun sighed deeply and he gave up on trying to convince his brother. He had detected the determination in the younger's words and he didn't want to ruin his hopes. 

"Alright if i can't change your mind i will stay around in case you need my support." He said simply brushing with his fingers Kyungsoo messy hair on his forehead. Kyungsoo was grateful but he didn't have time to thank his brother. Time was precious and he had to find Jongin as soon as possible.

 

He founded him hanging around at the office with Suho . They were probably discussing his program of work for the next weeks. Maybe they were even planning a trip. Jongin had been traveling a lot since Kyungsoo had started working for him. He didn't want to interrupt them. He wouldn't even imagine doing so in the past but things were different now. He walked in and both man stared at him. Suho was surprised and took a step back still very much aware of Kyungsoo hugging him earlier this morning but Jongin looked curious.

"What is it Mr Do" 'We are back to addressing each other with our last names, i see…' Kyungsoo thought but he wasn't going to duel on it.

"Can i have a word with you , Sir?" He asked and wished Jongin understood that they needed to speak privately. His wish was granted when Jongin asked for Suho to leave them alone which he did hurriedly. When they were alone Jongin rushed to his side with a playful smile. 

"Missed me already!! My sweet Soo you have become so bold and here i was thinking that it would take you ages to come back to me and i would have to suffer from my unrealised desire." He became handsy without spending another breath but Kyungsoo pulled away from him.

"I have to show you something." He took his phone out of his pocket and unlock it.

"Baby you are really cute but i don't want to look at your pictures when i have you in front of me." He joked but Kyungsoo didn't listen he was very focused on whatever he was searching for in his phone. When he founded he passed his phone to Jongin who gave him a confused look.

"Please read this." Jongin wasn't going to refuse him. Not when he looked so serious. He started reading the article his eyes darkening as he took in everything that was written. When he was finished he left a dry chuckle escape him and took his eyes of the screen. He was definitely angry but not surprised.

"It's funny you would show this to me considering who is responsible for this"

"What do you mean.." Kyungsoo eyed Jongin suspicious suddenly he felt wary of that smile plastered on the man's beautiful face.

"I mean exactly what you are thinking. Isn't it a great coincidence that the night your brother decided to spend with us something like this leaked to the public?" 

"My brother has nothing to do with this." Kyungsoo couldn't believe Jongin dared to drag his brother into this.

"Your brother is using you Kyungsoo he always has and you just accept that living like his maid , paying for him , suffering like a the victim he has made out of you." His words stabbed him through the heart. He knew all of was truth but it was a one hidden in his soul and he didn't want Jongin to use it against him. How would he know about it anyway?

"You don't know what you are saying." He denied hoping that Jongin wouldn't go further with his accusations and that they will have a minute to think rationally.

"I know exactly what i am saying. I did a research on your brother when you introduce him to me. I found a lot about him and the people he likes to befriend. But most importantly i found out how he did nothing in his life other than living large, dressed like some rich offspring while his younger brother worked hard to support him. That's you Kyungsoo!!" 

Kyungsoo was left speechless. Jongin had found out so much but he never asked him about it. He founded on his own without caring if Kyungsoo's private life was one he was willing to share like this. He felt betrayed.

"Baekhyun and i have agreed to live like this but he never did anything to betray me." 

"What about that guy he had been dating? Wasn't his name Chanyeol. You can't say he didn't play a number on him. Post that video on the internet , ruined that man's life for fun. My guess is he wanted to hurt you.." Jongin's words were interrupted when Kyungsoo slapped him hard on his right cheek.

"He would never… Not to me" Kyungsoo could feel the wetness in his eyes but he didn't want to cry in front of Jongin. He hold it back and gave a warning look full of anger back at a nervous Jongin who seemed to be shocked by his reaction. Neither of them spoke for a while. When Jongin broke the silence his voice was void from the intense emotions he was filled with just a few seconds ago.

"I have to ask him to leave" he decided.

"Then i am leaving too" Kyungsoo turned around immediately giving Jongin a view of his back something Jongin could never guess would hurt his feelings so badly.

"Kyungsoo you have a contact with me that doesn't allow …" 

"Screw your ing contact i am not abandoning my brother" Kyungsoo was tired of this conversation. His mind was a mess and Jongin was stubborn and he wouldn't let him have the final word.

"You should not sacrifice your life" Kyungsoo almost laughed but he didn't have the hurt to do so fully.

"You don't know me at all if you are asking me not to sacrifice myself for someone i love" he took a step away and the realisation of what he was doing came so strong that he almost fell at his feet. But Jongin was there in a second to hold him tightly.

"I don't want you to go" he whispered 

"This is as much your decision as it is mine" Kyungsoo said firmly and he hoped Jongin understood. He didn't want to leave him. But Jongin was wrong to accuse without proof. He was wrong to dig into his past without permission. He was wrong to come between the two brothers and question their relationship. Kyungsoo still believed in him. He was going to give Jongin time to understand this. So he had to go. 

 

He founded his brother in his room packing up their stuff. He hugged his brother and asked him to make arrangements so they would both leave tomorrow morning.

"Are you really coming with me?" Baekhyun asked while he was reaching for a blouse Kyungsoo had left at one of the top shelves inside the room-closet. Baekhyun short top climbed up his torso and Kyungsoo had a few seconds to view the scar that decorated the pale skin of his brother . A scar that started at his waist only to follow him all the way to his knees. An ugly reminder that made Kyungsoo's heart clench.

"Don't kid yourself , you wouldn't survive out there without me." And Kyungsoo didn't want to remember how much truth that statement hide behind.



 

Next chapter we will finally get to the backstory of Kyungsoo's and Baekhyun's lifes. Get ready cause it's going to be sad (〒﹏〒)