Chapter 10 | Innocence

Your Scent in the Rain |
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER SONG: SHINE ON YOU - YOUNHA

Minghao watched calmly at her exiting back view and thought about what he just said. 

Tactless was the word Jun would've used in this situation, though Minghao didn't think he did anything out of the norm. 

He had always felt the need to be straight forward with his decisions and the things he intended to do. He saw no need to beat around the bush as eventually achieving the end goal was the most important. He tended to cut short on the process. 

So here he was, sitting in an almost empty lecture hall, subjecting himself to constant unnecessary head-turning yet didn't achieve what he thought he would achieve - to establish a certain friendly friendship with her. 

Instead, he was perplexed at her reaction to his straight forward friendship request. She ran away. The inner prince ego got the better of him at the thought of this. 

"I, the 10th Prince of the greatest Dragon God was turned down by a mere human? Was I not clear enough?" He said it out loud. Some guy from the adjacent row turned and looked at him strangely.

He stood up and went out of the same door ignoring the calls of Mr Lee who gave up after seeing his exit.

Minghao decided that he was going to find her and try again. 

Strangely enough, he could still smell the faint scent of the salty seawater that she carried. He followed it like a trail and frowned when he led him to a rooftop. He looked around but saw no one, but his senses told him she was near. 

He focused and heard the hitched and irregular breathing of her. Her scent was stronger around the corner behind the janitor's storeroom but he didn't move forward to intrude, because he heard her sniffles and wondered if he was the one who made her cry. 

Leaning against the rooftop door quietly, he waited for her to come out while thinking if there was anything he could've said to explain. 

Even this was interesting to him. 

Eventually, he sighed when she didn't come out after a while. He was about to leave when he heard her soft cracked voice like she was calling for help. 

"Go...go away."

He froze.

His dragon senses heightened and he turned around abruptly, staring at the corner she hid. 

Then warmly, he smiled remembering something from his memory. 

Taking a deep breath, he raised his left hand slowly, a swoosh of air and moisture gathered above his palm, his fingers formed a gripping gesture as if he was holding the ball of elements in his hand, followed by a light bounce as if he tossed the ball into the sky. In an instant, clouds began to gather above the university. He raised his hand slightly and twirled his hand clock-wise, water had covered his hand like he was wearing a glove made of water. Then he pulled as if there was an invisible string. 

Down the raindrops fell. It was a drizzle at first. 

He looked in her direction again, hoping that she would come out and indeed he saw her shadow, standing up. He realized that he needed to grab an umbrella somewhere as he was still dry. The raindrops were bouncing off him like he was standing within an invisible shield. If she saw him like this, who knew if she might run off again.

Glancing around, he saw just what he needed inside the half-opened storeroom door. 

Like extending a string of water, he pulled the umbrella out effortlessly with his powers and opened it at once above his head. 

He quietly heaved a sigh of relieve when he heard the raindrops. 

He stood quietly as she walked out from behind the wall and into his vision. 

He watched, a smile forming unknowingly on his face. She pushed the hoodie off her head and let the rain wash over her fa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter