2 months later

My Husband, The Cold-Hearted Man
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I got a job!!! I'm an oncology pharmacist now hence I don't have much time T=T. 

If y'all kindly leave me comments I'll work my out to update every weekend! 

 

Jung Aera's P.O.V

"How's your diet going?" asked Jungkook staring down sadly at my green filled lunch box. 

"It's hard..I need to lose another 2 kg." 

The first thing they did to us once we registered at the academy is putting us on a scale. I've been distracted from keeping up on my diet routine, as a result I gained 5kg from the last time I stepped on the stage. Funny how all those distractions amount to nothing. Yes I'm talking about my marriage to my estranged husband. 

"I don't think it'll be healthy for you to lose more." He sneaked a small piece of chicken to my salad, smiling at me with his signature nose crunched. "I'm strong enough to lift you up, don't worry about it."

"I know you do" he frowned when I returned it back to him. His presence helps to lift up my spirit, Jungkook is indeed a good friend. He didn't question my puffy eyes the moment our gaze met on the registration day. I could hardly sleep the first week, I called him multiple times only to be directed straight to his voice mail. All my texts unread, I had to ask of him from Jimin. Somehow he seemed to be hiding something from me, 'Yoongi hyung is busy working'. I get the same answer each and every time. 

"I heard Jin hyung is going away for a filming camp, he invited me to his farewell party"

"When is this party?"

Sensing my hint of anger, Jungkook lowered his head murmuring. "This Friday night."

"No wonder Appa is so worried about him, he's being carefree here. Parties and what not, he went out drinking every weekend. He needs to be taught a lesson!" 

"Aera, JK if you're done eating head to the main hall now." 

I could only sigh thinking about my free-spirit brother, I don't even have time to ponder. Director Kellen is not someone to mess with, both of us already have a bad reputation to begin with. Thanks to Jungkook for keeping his no other partner policy, we're exclusive to each other. After denying his request, Director Kellen assigned us to different partners only for us to mess up the choreo and not being immersed in character enough.

I don't think it's bad, back in Korea we're known as the dragon and the pearl. Inseparable. They accepted our admission due to our couple dance video, what's the point of trying to pair us with someone else. 

"Shout at him when you get home, you're housemates afterall."

 

Min Yoongi's P.O.V

"What are you day dreaming about?"

I bowed to the owner of the raspy voice, I have been staring outside the window for some time I didn't notice he has woken up. 

"Minister Jung." My heart sank to see him in this state, his lips chapped and his body frail. He spent the day in the bed more than he does standing up. This V.I.P suite has become his office, I avoid coming on working hours as he insisted to keep working as usual despite his condition. No one dares to question this passionate man from abiding to his oath of serving the country. My respect to his work ethics stop me from asking him to take a break. 

"Suit yourself, you never want to call me Father."

He fell ill not long after Aera's departure. He has been hospitalised ever since, for more than a month now. Visiting him after work has been my current routine, I have nothing to look forward to at home. Might as well keep him company, I made a promise to take care of her family hence I must hold to my words.

"Mrs.Jung- I mean Mother has been worried about you. I think you should tone it down a little bit and have more rest time." 

"Time?" he smiled warmly at me, the same kind of his daughter. How I have missed it.. "Yoongi-ah, not everyone is blessed with the freedom of time. If I sit around doing nothing, time will be my enemy. I'll be wondering when will God take my last breath.. That will be depressing don't you think?"

"I can't argue with you"

"You and Aera are not doing well I heard...are you avoiding her because of me?"

Truthfully, I can't bear to face her after what I said at the airport. I was fuming with anger once I figured out what they did right before her departure. A coward like me don't deserve someone like her. I can't keep making her confused so I take my leave. Let her roam free, free from the thoughts of me. 

"I don't know what to say to her..I broke her heart father. You were upset once you found out about Suga...I will die if I have to see her reaction to it."

I kept altering from myself to Suga back and forth it became hard to mask his existence. Namjoon couldn't let me out of sight till one day my father-in-law saw it with his own pair of eyes. I rushed to his side once I received a call that he's awake after 5 days of coma. The night before I had an episode where I ran a blade to my neck, ready to end it all.. but Jimin managed to find me right before I braced myself to deepen the cut.   

I still have the scar, fresh and red when I came in to his hospital room. I forgot to cover them as my he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter