Family dinner

My Husband, The Cold-Hearted Man
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I know it's Monday, sorry hehe. Leave me comments for quick updates!

Read my A/N below, IMPORTANT!

Min Yoongi's P.O.V

As much as I wanted to come home early, I ended up being an hour late. I showered and changed in the office into a casual wear, jeans and white buttoned up shirt. I have never been to a family dinner, it's not like I have one. Dinner with Namjoon and Jimin doesn't require me to sit on the table to impress anyone. I want Minister Jung and his wife to see me as a capable man, he trusted me enough to allow me to marry his one and only spoiled daughter. 

Speaking of which, she's sitting down on the outdoor bench overlooking the fountain. Aera stood up when I stopped the car, half-running towards me in her red heels. How long has it been since she waited for me outside? Her face brightened up upon seeing me, waving her hands excitedly. She looks innocent, like the first time we met at her parents. Is she doing this on purpose? 

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/37/50/aa/3750aa418358680294281ebaea18b3ba.jpg

She's wearing a floral printed, silk chiffon midi dress. The grey and white combination brought up her tanned complexion, I remember leaving love bites on her this morning. That must be the main reason she's wearing a high neck. Is it a dancer thing to wear flowy dresses? She hopped in the car, filling the space with her soft fresh flowers scent. 

"Did something came up at work-"

I pressed my lips on her plump ones, kissing her gently addicted to how nice it feels to have it on mine. She held my face, responding to me equally slow. I reluctantly pull back and placed a soft peck on her cheek. We might end up having in the car so I can't risk that. We have a family dinner to attend.

"I'm sorry to keep you waiting"

"Don't mind me, I'm just excited to see everyone." 

I noticed her blushed cheeks and I love how it compliments her makeup. I did that. Just thinking about it makes me giddy, snap out of it Yoongi! You're not a boy experiencing puberty! 

 

I was nervous if she tripped while running in her mother's embrace with those high heels, she didn't but she got mud all over it. 

"Omma! " I felt a tug in my heart to see her glassy eyes, she hasn't seen her family for quite some time. Maybe I should consider visiting them more often for her sake. Minister Jung welcomed me inside, leaving Aera and her mother in the garden. No wonder she loves working on Namjoon's at home, it reminds her of her mother. 

"How is your married life? Is my princess giving you a hard time?" My Princess- he's so fond of her but why did he let her marry a bastard like me? 

"It's the other way actually,I didn't do much for her." We sat across each other in the formal living room, well decorated with vintage furnitures. Framed pictures of Minister Jung and his achievements proudly displayed on the walls. He's a well-respected man in the country, one of the few men who actually care about the people instead of building wealth for themselves. 

"Aera looks happy, trust me I know my daughter very well" he poured me a cup of tea, Jasmine. I took a sip as a polite gesture, I detest the smell as it used to be my mother's favourite drink every morning. 

"Why did you forced her to accept my proposal?"

His eyebrows furrowed, dwelling deep in his thoughts. "Because I know you'll take a good care of her." 

"I could be making her live in an abyss all due to your poor judgement."

"But my mere judgment is right." A good-natured man like him who comes from a noble family background isn't easily riled up by my harsh words. Somehow that pisses me off. "Yoongi, it's okay to leave your past behind. Others' sin is not yours to carry. It's okay to be happy."

 "Easier said than done , don't you think?"

He nodded, pushing the plate of pastries towards me. "To tell you the truth...I'm dying." 

He stared out the window , smiling to see Aera and his wife chatting in the meadows. Why did he dropped the bomb to me?

"Does she knows?"

"You're the second one, my son is well aware of it too. Maybe that's why he hates me."

"Is that your answer to my question?"

He shook his head , putting his cup down on the saucer. "Aera needs someone like you and vice versa. I only did what's right."

"You seem... healthy" I noticed the shed of weight but he's a fit guy, I thought it might just be him overworking himself. 

Jung Yunho smirked at my comment, the resemblance between him and Aera is quite apparent. "My organs are failing me, I'm trying to stay positive for my family. How do you think Aera will react if she knows?"

True, Aera is rather weak at controlling her emotions....

"Appa, you can't load yourself before dinner." Seokjin came in from the front door with a familiar guy tailing behind him, that sharp nose and mysterious features I have seen him somewhere. "Yoongi where's Aera?"

"Outside" 

"Taehyung! What a surprise to have you here" Minister Jung stood up to hug the later, they look close. Taehyung.. that name sure ring the bells in my head. He has been here quite often, I can tell that much. 

Meanwhile.. I am devastated to hold Minister Jung's secret. 

 

Laughter fills in the dining room and food are being passed from one person to another, even the maids and the gardener sit around with us. I've forgotten how kind this family is, I enjoyed watching Aera telling stories with Jin backing her up. She occasionally put different side dishes in my bowl even tried to feed me but I refused, feeling shy with her act of affection. If only Namjoon and Jimin get to join us, how amused will they be to be a member of the model family we have always envied. 

"Hey Yoongi, do you know Aera fell from a tree after being chased by a goose? She broke her leg and had to have a cast for a month." 

"Oppa! I hate you!"

"That's entirely not true" Jin winked at the annoyed Aera, she hissed at him as a warning. 

"I had to be her slave for the whole month, all she did was ordering me around" added Taehyung nonchalantly. He blended in very well, in contrast to me having to keep my back straight most of the time. 

"I thanked you so many times, so don't bring that up"

"Yeah and you swore to me you'll be a well-known dancer to make up for my sacrifice. You kept rambling that I should be honored nursing after you once you become famous" Aera grows sullen, taking smaller bites of her portion. I gave her thigh a squeeze, she turned to face me. 

"I've seen her on stage, she's the most beautiful up there."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter