Kim Taehyung /Min Suga

My Husband, The Cold-Hearted Man
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jung Aera's P.O.V

Majestic Palace Resident, where many of the rich kids live. Taehyung is one of them, born with a strict father who never accept 'no' as an answer. President Kim is a good leader but not a loving father. He was until he got into politics when Taehyung was four. Taehyung is not the ideal son he dreams to have. Taehyung is sensitive and never act by the book, he's the definition of a free-spirit. I wish he's more like Jin, if only he's brave enough to face his father. Maybe he'll understand that he has a pure-hearted son who wants nothing but to be happy. Who prefers simple, stable life than the glamourous flashy lifestyle he's currently living. 

Ding!

The sound of the elevator woke me up from my deep thoughts. I stood in front of his unit, wondering if I should ring the bell or just press the numbers and let myself in. Jin might be inside, they always hang out with each other. If Taehyung is as miserable as he sounded earlier, he must be alone. I rang the bell instead and stood my ground. The security must have texted him about my arrival. 

" Taehyung open the door " I leaned closer to the door, there's no sound of him inside. " Taehyung ! Kim Taehyung!"

At least I tried. I punched the numbers after a 'click', I pushed the door open. The lights are off, it's almost pitched black inside. I switched the lights on and opened the blinds. The house is in a complete mess. Food containers scattered on the coffee table, cans of beers left laying on the floor with bottles of soju. Obviously, he has been drinking too much for his own good.

" Taehyung?" The master bedroom door is wide opened so I let myself in. " Taehyung , I'm here ."

I heard him retching his guts out in the bathroom and there he is sank to his knees , leaning forward towards the toilet bowl. Only brown liquid came out from his mouth, he lifted his chin up to face me. 

" You're an idiot!"

He smiled foolishly to see me, clearly unbothered by how mad I am at him. 

" You're here " 

" You stink of alcohol " I turned the tap on, filling the water in the bath tub. This is not the first time I have seen him like this. It's either me or Jin who'll take care of him whenever he had a fight with his father. At these times, I realised how lenient my father is with my brother. Jin only got his allowance cut off and he's strong enough not to let anything take his happiness away. No matter how bad he argued with Appa, he'll forget it once he stepped away. 

" I'm sorry you have to see me like this again ". He flashed his boxy smile, his eye bags are apparent under this bright lights. 

" Clean yourself then we'll talk " I helped him up to the bath tub. " I'll wait outside." He nodded obediently with a pout on his lips. 

 

I cleared up the living room to please my own eyes. I checked the time, 12 p.m. and I'm starving. Taehyung doesn't know how to cook and totally uninterested to learn how to. The fridge is no different from Yoongi's, there are some packets of ramen in the cabinet. I turned the stove on waiting for the water to boil. If only I've bought the groceries first, I would have cooked him nutritious food. I was too panick to think of anything. I just want to get to him as soon as I can.

I made some chamomile tea while waiting, it'll help him to relax. 

" Smells good "

" It's just ramen or you want -"

I was caught by surprise when he wrapped his arms around my waist, resting his chin on my shoulder. He smells fresh and sweet after shower, his wet hair brushed my cheek. This is unusual of him. He's never so touchy with me. 

" I'll have anything you make for me " he tightened his hold which makes my heart beats frantically. 

" You sober now?" I kept myself busy stirring the soup. He hummed softly with his eyes close which reminded me of Yoongi. How his embrace calmed me, maybe Taehyung is leaning on me for the same reason. " Can you go and set the table? I'll carry the pot over."

" Sure " he finally let me go, opening the cabinets to take out 2 bowls and other utensils. I carried the pot over to the dining table which clearly hasn't been used for a while, I could see the dust piling up. " Mmm let's eat at the coffee table, we can watch tv." 

He nodded sheepishly probably understanding why I refused to sit on the table. He was out of country for months and he's only home for my wedding which was a week ago. 

" I made us tea too, chamomile " 

" Thank you "

" Sit down, let's eat" I handed him the chopsticks. He sat down next to me , grinning foolishly. I stopped chewing when I heard him slurping the noodles hungrily, he lifted the bowl to drink the soup. " Have u been starving yourself?"

He nodded with so much enthusiasm. "Slowly, you'll choke yourself. Have some water." 

"Thank you" he said with his mouth full. I put my chopsticks down, pushing the bowl over to him. "You don't want to eat?" He blinked a few times with his puppy eyes, his wet bangs covering his forehead. 

" I'm full by just looking at you " 

" Because I'm cute?" He pouted, I reached over to wipe the soup from the corner of his lips and I it off from my thumb unconsciously. " You doing things like this is why I can't give you up."

"Taehyung don't start "

" Look at me straight in the eyes" He took a hold of my hands in his, his dark eyes searching mine. " Tell me you don't feel the same." 

My lips trembled, I am at lost for words. I let myself drown in his loving gaze, he placed my hand on his chest. I felt the warmth traveled to my cold skin, making my cheeks flushed. 

" I love you Aera-ah." He leaned closer, slipping his arms to my back pulling me into his embrace. " Stay with me, please." He buried his face in the crook of my neck, his nose brushing my skin. " I don't know what I will do without you." 

I lifted my arm, to pat his back softly. I don't know what to feel, my head is screaming to tell him I love him too but my heart is hesitating. Is the love still there? Or has it gone for good? It's only right for me to comfort him. " Don't say that, I'm always here for you."

" I know but it's not the same " He sniffled. " I hate everything my parents arranged for me except you. When they introduced you to me, for once I am thankful to them. I went to all gatherings just to see you." He smiled in his words. The memories came flashing in my mind, I remember clinging to him everytime we met. I adore him. He'll never leave my side until we have to go home. Jin being the rebel that he is, never agree to come along. Taehyung and I are both introvert, we don't mingle well with the other kids. Taehyung was called weird for his peculiar behavior, always so random with his words. Me? I am fine just standing beside him.

" Same for me but you change after high school."

He pull away noticing the bitterness of my voice. " I-I have my reasons." 

" You love being the school playboy didn't you?" I stuck my tongue out trying to be playful but he took it seriously. 

" How am I supposed to hug you or drag you around like we used to when you have grown up to be a beautiful woman?" He smirked, his bottom lip. " I avoided you because I didn't want to scare you... like now."

I averted my gaze, yes he's scaring me with his sudden confession. Surprisingly, I feel nothing. Empty. " I appreciate your feelings for me but I'm married now."

" It doesn't matter if you don't love him. Are you going to live your life with him everyday like an endless punishment? Or you can run away with me, we'll build a new life. Just you and me. " 

" Y-You're being ridiculous. Are you hearing yourself right now?" I stood up, backing away from him. " I'm a married woman Taehyung, whether I like it or not. I will never leave my family behind." 

" You always told me to stand up for myself so why can't you do that ? You were forced into this marriage, you can fool everyone but not me. I know you better than anyone else in this world. I'm giving you a choice." He rose up to his feet, picking up his wallet. He took out a rectangle paper, handing it to me. " I bought you a ticket, come with me."

I read the flight details briefly, he wants me to fly with him back to his college in 5 days. " Taehyung I can't."

" Remember the college you told me? You applied for it, if they accept you we'll be close to each other. We can stay together, make the best of our time. Think about

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter