Traitor?

Love Master

“Poison?” Jongin repeated when he heard Lay saying that, he didn’t know how his body moved fast from those beside him and carried Baekhyun bridal style. he didn’t know how he get the power to do so, because when he saw him on the floor his brain stopped, his mind froze.

He saw Suho running ahead of him to the car opening the back seat, and there where he just went in, with the unconscious Baekhyun, settling his position and closing the door, he saw the face on his chest now and called “B-Baekhyun” trying to get his eyes open again, wiping the little blood on his mouth.

feeling how his skin was cold, and turning pale, he repeated, “Baek please wake up!” He felt the warm tear on his own cheeks now, he couldn’t stop his tears from falling, what if he was dead! what if he never woke up! What if he never saw that smile he is used to see in those past years, the way he makes him comfortable when he came after a day of work, how Baekhyun never failer to make him laugh and left his mood when his down. how he gave him the love he wanted each time he ask for…how he can imagine living without all that…no way…

he was crying in a mess

Lay turn from the front seat checking his pulse, “come on Baekhyun stay with us!” He said also with crumbling voice that make Jongin worries more and more, Suho in the other hand drive as a crazy person doesn’t care about the light traffic, or nothing he arrived at the town hospital and Lay runs out yelling at some workers in the hospital door, who were fast to react and get a stretcher bed.

Putting him in that moving bed, Jongin followed those men hearing lay asking for a name and somethings that he never heard of it, tell he get stopped by a nurse saying “sir you can’t go in there”

Jongin look at her. he was so angry, afraid, scared his emotions were mixed right now, if it not for Suho who stopped him with. “he will be fine Yixing is with him!” words he would be yelling at that poor nurse, he put his hands on his head grabbing his hair in worried then moving to a corner near that door and slide down against the wall to the floor sitting...

 

Waiting..

 

Suho bend down to his level “he will be fine” but he didn’t hear any respond from the other one, he knew this won’t be of any use so he just stand, thinking with himself...poison? That not coincidence at all, he knew someone was behind Baekhyun since he hear about that mysterious invitation, but he didn’t expect that, poison means killing him, why would someone try to kill him?

 

“Hey!”

 

He heard a voices and movement and look at the boys who did followed them, Suho smiled at them, at least thy still care, Chanyeol was the first to speak “is he okay!”

Suho shake his head “I don’t know he didn’t respond at the car”

Sehun move to Jongin and tried to comfort him with “he will be fine!” Kyungsoo and Luhan sit beside each other waiting, Jongdae was there standing a little far away with Minseok who was dead worried

Chanyeol asked again, “How this happened?”

Suho shake his head “I don’t know! I knew someone was targeting him but this was unexpected!”

The words he said make everyone look at him especially Jongin who asked to get it clearer “what did you say?”

Suho nodded “its start with the invitation Jongin! Baekhyun told me to keep it low since you want to visit your family first” he explain “no invitation been sent to him, but still he gets one”

Jongin stands getting closer to Suho “what do you mean by no invitation?”

Suho nodded “I sent every invitation to the graduated students and you as extra because of your career, but I never sent one to Baekhyun I knew he well never put a feet in here again!”

Jongin now was anger “WHY YOU DIDN’T TELL ME!” He yells louder and Chanyeol tried to calm him

“Jongin! Calm down!” He pushed him a little far when Jongin was automatically getting near Suho

“Calm down?” He said angrier now “SOMEONE CALLED HIM BACK HERE TO KILL HIM AND YOU WANT ME TO CALM DOWM!”

Chanyeol stayed silent because if something happened to Kyungsoo he would probably be more and more crazier

“Jongin!” Kyungsoo said standing and move next Chanyeol “it’s a hospital! You heard Suho he said Baekhyun didn’t want to tell you!”

Suho look at them then at Minseok “but the place he was poisoned at...”

Minseok eyes went wide-open “No! No! No dad had nothing to do with this!”

Suho, “sorry but I know Yixing he did ask me to call the police on our way here and your father restaurant is the first to be suspicious!”

 

“Why someone will want to kill him anyway?” Sehun asked “because of his ‘love’ fortune! Minseok father probably doesn’t even know about it!”

Jongin look at Sehun “what love fortune? He left everything because of him” he said pointing to Chanyeol with his eyes

And Chanyeol raise his eyebrow “what???”

Jongin nodded “yes he knew who you were and why you came here, he knew you will break Kyungsoo heart in some point of the 100 days so he left letting the real decision to neither stay with him or leave him to you”

Kyungsoo look at Jongin, “stop the crap!”

Suho shake his head, “no guys it’s true! Baekhyun didn’t take the money, all what he have now is his own career!”

Chanyeol was more confused, he never thought Baekhyun knew who he was at that time “b-but he gets the four couples and wins, I thought I failed because I couldn’t end my relationship with Kyungsoo earlier, and I had no intention to do so because I love him!” he tae Kyungsoo hand in his. “If this what happened then why my family...why that guy lie to us?”

Jongin and Suho immediately ask “what guy?”

Kyungsoo look at them answering “a lawyer came to the school after two weeks asking for Baekhyun and you” he look at Jongin “he told us that Baekhyun wins and we were his targets, he told Chanyeol that his father now is jobless and they took everything from him because he tried to cheat”

Chanyeol nodded “I called my father after and he told me that am not his son anymore because I failed him and I didn’t hear anything from him since then!”

Jongin frown “what lawyer?”

Kyungsoo shrugs “I don’t know, even am working as a lawyer I never met him!”

Jongin add, “as an observer I was giving updates to the company, but the last thing I sent was Baekhyun is leaving, so they sure knew he did abandon the mission! why they came looking for him?”

 

Before anyone could say more, Lay come out of the door, his face was angry his blood was boiling. Jongin went immediately to him with “how is he?”

“Stable!” Lay said then look at Suho with no hesitation “did you call the police?”

Suho, “not yet!”

“Not yet! My friend was about to DIE AND YOU DIDN’T CALL THEM?” He yells moving beside everyone to the reception “whoever did this he will go to jail!”

“Yixing!” Suho said following him from behind, knowing that he will not calm sooner

Minseok sits on a chair knowing that his father is the first to blame! And if they find the food poison, that a dead end to his father free life! Jongdae tab his arm on Minseok knowing what going on “calm down it’s not your father am sure, he could be ate anything before!”

A nurse came out of the place, and Jongin asked her if he can see him, the nurse smiled asking for more 10 minutes till they put him in another room, and Jongin just nodded waiting again.

 

***

 

A 20 minutes passed and Jongin now was sitting next Baekhyun bed inside a room, holding his hand and looking at the closed eyes of his lover, he never saw him this fragile, even after leaving this place, Baekhyun never show him a tear or a nagging of sickness to the point he never thought he would get sick. he kissed the hand of the still a sleep Baekhyun and felt a relief since he is stable now, he really doesn’t know what to do if something happened to him.

And now he will make sure nothing bad will happen to him

 

***

outside that room the 6 were talking about it “Chanyeol!” Kyungsoo said “I will ask a friend of mine to know who wins the mission 2years ago!” He said taking his phone and went a little far to make the call

Luhan who was silent for a long time asked, “if Baekhyun left for Kyungsoo! that mean he did care about us right?”

Sehun laughed “man he had 4couples, he would be so damn rich easily! you leave that because you are insane or you have someone that much important to you then the money and that case is insane”

Luhan add “even if am insane I won’t leave it!”

Jongdae huffs “he did that for one of us and we hated him all that time”

Minseok look down, “maybe it was a mission but at the end he choose us, just like how Chanyeol did!”

Chanyeol smiled nodding, knowing that he was lying at them first, but they all forgave him since he stayed, and not just that they even end up as his own new family, he look at Kyungsoo who came back to them, “he will check and call me after, he won’t be late”

 

“I need to go back to the restaurant guys!” Minseok said

“Yes let’s go, i will go with you!” Jongdae add and Chanyeol give them the Van keys “I will wait till Baekhyun wake up!” Kyungsoo nodded with “I wait too” Luhan stayed also and Sehun decide to stay with him too, making sure to make Jongdae promise to call if anything bad happened at the restaurant

 

***

 

Opening his eyes, he felt the word is spinning in his vision, then closed them to welcome the dark again, he tried to open his eyes because this isn’t right, and finally he did he saw Jongin worried face in front of him. the face expression turn to a smile with tears, he look at him trying to remember what happened exactly, but what he remember was pain then nothing else…

“Thanks for coming back to me”

He heard Jongin saying and immediately a smile was on his face too, “what happened!” he asked but then saw the other eyes looking at him inside the room “guys?” he said trying to stand, but Jongin make him go back to the sleep position.

Jongin pouted “rest Baek, the nurse said that they need to have another blood test after 1 hour, you should not exhaust yourself in case the poison is still inside of you”

Baekhyun nodded, truly he is feeling weirdly tired he look at the other 4 in the room

“welcome back” Chanyeol said with a smile and Baekhyun weirdly saw Luhan and Kyungsoo smile to him too

“what did I miss?” he said in sarcasm because that is NOT the situation he had last time his eyes were opened

“Baekhyun..” Luhan was about to say something when his phone ring, he took it out and said “Jongdae” then slide the green button with a “yes?” first he couldn’t hear the other one talking because he was yelling “Jongdae calm down what happened?”. he asked but his eyes got wide open when he clearly heard what happened “WHAT!” he yells making the others worried.

Except Baekhyun who have no idea what going on

Luhan look at his friends “t-they find the same poison in the restaurant” he look at Baekhyun “hidden in our things that we left back there in our table”

Everyone look now at Baekhyun who now get what just happened, “w-what?” he said in hesitation to ask, because he hope he heard things wrong,

Jongin take Baekhyun hand in his tightly, conscious of his surroundings, carefully he stand from the chair he was sitting on it since he get in this room, and look daggers at the four standing next to him

“who’s?”

Jongin asked knowing that each one have his own stuff for sure, and seeing Luhan hesitate, he was sure Jongdae said one name, he just didn’t want to tell

“WHO?” Kyungsoo also asked in anger

 

Luhan clear his throat “C-Chanyeol’s”