HunHan / happy new year

Love Master

“Earth calling!” Lay said looking at Baekhyun who was still looking at the direction where Jongin left

 

“What wrong Baek?”

“His not the same!” Baekhyun said starting to get worried “Jongin acting so different! Did something happened when I left him this morning? Aaouch! That hurt!”

 

Lay roll his eyes “it sure will! Stay still, also didn’t u tell you that Suho is quiet interesting!”

 

Baekhyun look at Lay “you like him?”

Lay shrugs “maybe me getting in touch with psychologist in my whole life make him look interested!”

Baekhyun smirk “tell me if you want a date I will make you my 4th couple”

Lay laughed “well am not a student here! So better luck next time!”

 

The two went back to their shared room, and they kept talking, letting Baekhyun catching up of everything happened in his absence.

 

 

*** tomorrow ***

 

 

Jongin was sitting in the restaurant all alone, he saw Minseok coming and sitting next to him, a little bit shy, he said

“Jongin! I want to tell you something”

But Jongin look at him and nodded “you and Jongdae yes I know!”

Minseok felt the words stopped in his throat “well...your not mad!”

Jongin shrugs “why I will be?”

“I don’t know! His your cousin”

Jongin look at Jongdae coming and sitting next to Minseok “hey cousin! Hey love! Am starving”

Minseok giggles “already calling me that!?”

Jongdae raise an eyebrow he take Minseok hand and raise it in the air “WE ARE DATING” He screamed

Minseok eyes went from cute to wild again “what are you doing?” He put his arm back to his side 

 

“Congrats! Congrats!”

 

Some students replied and Jongdae shrugs “for no one to think about getting near you from now on!”

 

Jongin was looking at the two silenty..

 

Minseok shake his head with a smile “oh god I will never regret telling Baekhyun! or I would be still giving glimpses and you will think am giving them to Luhan”

Jongdae laughs “what about you cousin! Any progress? I heard Baekhyun boyfriend show up!”

Minseok nodded “his a doctor!”

Jongin slam his fork on the table “why you bringing that up?”

Jongdae shrugs “you like Baekhyun don’t you?”

Minseok went from a smile to a shock “wait! but you said your not when you start hanging out with him leaving us!”

Jongdae add “Naah! I know my cousin he even stop being explosive because of Baekhyun! remember when Baekhyun wasn’t here a fight every day even the doctor left because of the bullying!”

Jongin roll his eyes “am sitting here!”

Minseok just spoke ignoring him “so you like someone having a boyfriend!”

 

“Who’s having boyfriend?” Kyungsoo sit next Jongin with his plate “Baekhyun?” Minseok nodded, Kyungsoo look at Jongin “you like Baekhyun right?”

 

And Jongin huff “guys will you all shut up”

 

“But it’s obvious!” Kyungsoo said “since they Christmas night actually! At least for me”

“What obvious?” Chanyeol came with his plate sitting next Kyungsoo 

“Jongin likes Baekhyun” Jongdae said

Jongin touch his hair in frustration “oh god!”

Chanyeol raise and eyebrow “do you? Wow I didn’t expect that!”

Minseok shrugs “it because you are new you didn’t see the big change he went through! the Christmas fight was like his true face that we know!”

“Seriously Minseok!You fight everytime with me" Jongin interfered 

“Well that because am your friend I can’t let you get in trouble alone!” Minseok replied

Chanyeol shrugs, “maybe!” he look at Kyungsoo, “what your plans for the new year?”

Kyungsoo shrugs, “nothing actually!” he smiled shyly “you want to spend it with me?”

Chanyeol nodded “yeah! Let have a good meal!”

Kyungsoo smiled “okay! we could go down town, Minseok father serve a delicious food!”

 

Minseok hearing his name look at them, “what?”

Chanyeol “we may celebrate the new year in your father restaurant!”

Minseok nodded “we are planning to do so too!”

Jongdae nodded “yep! Want to eat together?” 

Kyungsoo look at Chanyeol who immediately nodded with “of course!” well that wasn’t what he expected but having friend along is good too!

“Call Baekhyun let him join us!” Minseok look at Jongin “and you too!”

Jongin shrugs “no need I will stay here!”

 

“Good morning!” Baekhyun said coming along with Lay, guys let me introduce you, this is Yixing! you can call him Lay!"

Lay wave his hand to the group “hello!”

“What happen to your face!” Kyungsoo asked in a shock while the two were sitting next each other, Jongdae look at Baekhyun face, he wasn’t wearing his glasses and have an adhesive bandage, “am sorry Baekhyun!”

Baekhyun shrugs “it’s okay! Nothing much!”

Jongin look at Jongdae “why are you apologizing?”

Jongdae huffs, “I got angry and I just punched him breaking his glasses and hurting his face!”

“WHAT?” Jongin said out loud looking at Baekhyun “that wasn’t from the fall?”

Baekhyun stick his tong out “I told you it’s calculated! Snow ground”

Jongin turn to look daggers at Jongdae

“He said sorry and Baekhyun accept it!” Minseok said knowing that look

Baekhyun add “yes, we did so no fight for something am good with!” Jongin just slam the fork again, and wanted to stand but Baekhyun stopped him “ya! where to? no classes today!”

Jongin frown “anywhere else!”

Baekhyun roll his eyes standing from his place to Jongin making him sit down again “we need a plan for the new year, let spend it all together!”

Jongin roll his eyes “you have your boyfriend here! you won’t spent it alone anyway” with that he pushed him and went out of the restaurant

at that exact moment everyone else look at each other with a glimpses followed by contained smiles. Baekhyun DEFINITELY notice that,

Lay “well he have a very weird tempo!”

Baekhyun nodded sitting back in his seat, “guess I will spend it alone then!”

Lay look at him shocked “you have me I won’t go on a date and leave you alone!”

Hearing the words they all look strangely at them 

Kyungsoo asked, “wait! Why your boyfriend have a date?”

Lay look at them, “you didn’t tell them?”

Baekhyun shake his head “they still think you are! I forgot since Minseok come running yesterday at me!”

Chanyeol “so Yixing isn’t your boyfriend?”

Baekhyun shake his head “we tried for a week! But failed, we break up before I came here!”

Lay nodded “it is weird to kiss your best friend, maybe if two are so close, should be just in friend zone!”

Baekhyun nodded “yeah big mistake!”

Lay add, “I said that because I thought I broke his heart and I came here looking for him with an idea of being his boyfriend no matter what!”

 

Everyone were just looking at the two surprised, they have no idea what to say

 

“Good morning!” Luhan came and sit next Baekhyun, “I have no one to spend the last year with! Sehun won’t give me an eye!”

Baekhyun smiled “well you be my date?”

Luhan smiled “sure!”

Chanyeol laughed “damn that was fast!”

Kyungsoo nodded, “so why not just join us! At Minseok father restaurant we will be 4 anyway!”

Baekhyun smirk hearing the disappointment in Kyungsoo voice while saying the number 4 “sure! let all celebrate then!”

 

 

***

 

 

 

Lay look nervously at his reflection in the mirror, while Baekhyun was playing with his phone leaning in the bed, “why you are so nervous?” He asked

Lay turn to look at him, "dude I just met the guy yesterday and today he text me ‘I like you can we spend the new year together’ I have all the rights to be nervous"

 

Baekhyun smiled “he is bold! But trust me from a psychologist point of view, I guess he pass the time of holding his feelings, and I totally agree with that! Keeping it inside will just hurt you more”

Lay smiled nodding, “that why I accepted to be his date, because I know you in his place will do the same”

Baekhyun smiled “so it is because of me after all!”

Lay nodded “yes love master you influenced me way before I even know!”

Baekhyun eyes went wide open “oh the love master! I just remember” he stand opening the door to go out but he heard Lay calling

“Hey Baekhyun!”

Baekhyun stoped looking back at him “what?”

“Should we talk about Jongin?” Lay said and Baekhyun roll his eyes slamming the door “you noticed too!” he sits on the bed with a unpleasant expression

“He likes you right?” Lay asked

Baekhyun nodded “yeah I figured after the words he said! that was jealousy! and the look they all give to each other! I was definitely the topic of the breakfast this morning!”

Lay goes and sit next to him “you don’t like him back?”

Baekhyun shrugs “I won’t stay here forever! I need to finish this year at my school get my papers and go aboard to the Medical University that I got accepted into...”

Lay interrupted him, “I know everything Baek but am talking about you? do you like him! do you want him to be in your life?”

 

Baekhyun stayed silent...

 

Lay smiled “maybe you need time to think about it?”

Baekhyun nodded “I actually never think about him that way the moment I came here! he was like that reliable friend I found to help me out in my missions!”

Lay understand it “well start to think differently, and tell him before he will get hurt from you ‘no’ Baekhyun”

 

Baekhyun nodded and that when Lay went out leaving him alone, Baekhyun throw his body on the bed, he was about to start calculating the things he did with Jongin till now to see how he even liked him! but stopped standing “the Love master!” he went down the hall to room 61, he wanted to go in but the door was a little open and Chanyeol voice heard screaming

 

“I KNOW AM TRYING!” he stopped and screams again “FATHER PLEASE I CAN’T JUST...” he stopped but this time he heard a slam of the phone on the ground.

Feeling guilty he overheard him, Baekhyun knock the door, and came in seeing Chanyeol sitting on his bed the phone was on the floor, and he was holding his face hiding it behind his palms. “Chanyeol’aah you okay!”

And like he heard a voice of a criminal that was a cause of killing his entire family, Chanyeol look at him with full anger, “leave!” He said with his deep voice, and Baekhyun didn’t want to spend another second with that face, it was a bad one...he must say.

 

He move outside to the hall, his target was Kyungsoo, but now his mind was full of Chanyeol, what going on with that boy, the room felt suffocated like Fire was all over the place but none can see it...

he went to the library and found Kyungsoo with Jongin sitting, Baekhyun move to the two and sits next to them, he look at Jongin “I promised Minseok to have the Love master showing up tonight I need ideas!”

Kyungsoo look at Baekhyun with a smile thinking about the book he won it “another spin?”

Jongin look at Baekhyun the gaze now was more calmer then before, probably Kyungsoo told him about Lay not being his boyfriend “I don’t know money again?”

Kyungsoo shrugs and Jongin spoke “no mystery box?”

Baekhyun look at Kyungsoo “you want a blind date with Chanyeol?”

Kyungsoo raise an eyebrow “what?”

Jongin explain, “last time the mystery box was a blind date”

Kyungsoo was shocked “who won it?”

Baekhyun laughed, “it’s more like who I make him win it! It was for Luhan and Sehun!”

Kyungsoo eyes went shockingly surprised “you are really trying to be a love master! Wooh!”

Baekhyun laughed awkwardly “well just keep it low, you want a blind date or not?”

Kyungsoo nodded “I do!”

“Okay!” Baekhyun laughed then turn to look at Jongin with a wink “make sure you write your account numbers!” he stand going out of the library, but he felt someone following him from behind, he turn and look at Jongin "what?”

 

Jongin, “am sorry for being rude!” He said looking sideway shyly and rubbing his green hair

Baekhyun smiled, definitely Kyungsoo told him, “yeah! Just stop acting weirdly well you?”

Jongin nodded continuously, and walk by Baekhyun side when he start moving, “so can I join you tonight?”

Baekhyun, “I have a date with Luhan! but it’s okay if I have two dates! We are all friends right?” He smiled looking at Jongin, then looking back at the way in front of him, in a second he was fine, in another he felt a grab on his wrist and he been forced to turn a 180 degree to find Jongin so close to his face now.

“Wow!” Baekhyun said from the action when he lose his balance a little bit to the side but Jongin hold him fast, he felt Jongin move his hand from his wrist to his face, “is it hurting?”

Baekhyun felt the gentle touch in his face near the bandage he shake his head and no but didn’t say a word

They were now looking at each other eyes, the position was awkward if anyone else pass by it, but strangely Baekhyun liked it! he felt safe! even from the random looks.

“If anyone hurt you again I will take his eyes off” Jongin said...his looks changed from a normal Jongin to another one, like he have a duel personality...and this one Baekhyun couldn’t read it at all, those looks now were hiding everything, every thoughts,  looking straight to him...and what can trigged a psychologist more then someone he can’t read?

Baekhyun felt so little right now, so weak, his judgements of people is his only power, it his only self defense...like this he felt like he is..

 

nothing!

 

 

he pushed Jongin from him a little bit harshly and turn not looking back, Not giving even a glimpse of an eye to that direction...afraid he could be looked...useless. He went directly to his room slam the door, and take a deep breath, “why that happened?” He said not knowing what he should do...he tried to make himself busy, he open his laptop and start to prepare the spin for tonight event...trying to forget what just happened.

 

 

***

 

 

“AM READYYYY!” Luhan came in the room with a round hat and a weird outfit, he saw Baekhyun still sitting on his laptop “COME ON!” he huffs and start to complain “I am the one who should be like this since am not spending the end of the year with my crush!”

 

Baekhyun look at Luhan with a smile “I will be ready in 5 minutes” he said opening the closet and take some new clothes, and look at Luhan “why are you wearing like this?”

Luhan pouted “it was a joke! But I promised Sehun to wear a sparkling outfit and look weird in this new year, but guess he won’t see it anyway!”

Baekhyun smiled “you look gorgeous!” Luhan felt happy with the compliment, he pushed Baekhyun “go go go we are all waiting!”

 

 

After preparing himself Baekhyun went down to see Jongdae, Minseok, Kyungsoo, Chanyeol and Jongin waiting for them at the door, He look at Chanyeol first the boy seems calmer now, he look at Jongin who was smiling at him. “Why no one have a car!” Baekhyun asked out of the blue

 

Jongdae frown “we live here we don’t need it! It’s not like your Van is comfortable! Go fast we will make it till the next year because of you!” Minseok laughed and Baekhyun shut his mouth nodding “sure!” he went in with Luhan holding his arm, sitting next to him in the front, while the others at the back.

 

Driving all the way down the road? They were singing, laughing, talking, and playing games.

 

Luhan in the other hand was silently looking at the road, Baekhyun felt the sadness all over the boy face, Luhan is way more beauty when he smile, how can Sehun be this heartless! It’s the new year eve and he didn’t even want to spend the time with him!

 

“you okay?” Baekhyun said since he can’t play and focusing on driving.

Luhan shake his head “am trying to be!”

Baekhyun asked “you really love him do you?”

Luhan tried to smile looking down “Yes! More then my existence, maybe more then my parents! I mean Sehun looks like a mature person but inside he is so little and need protection! I don’t know what I love in him, but I can’t imagine my life without him”

Baekhyun roll his eyes “but I told you he got jealous of me acting all fake lovey dovey around you why don’t you just go and confess?”

Luhan sad tone didn’t change “I can’t risk it, I was going to this day at the new year, but seeing how he is far from me now I can’t risk to have this feeling forever!”

Baekhyun huffs, “you are really in love with him!”

Luhan smiled for real now “am not obsessed right?”

Baekhyun giggles “hehe! I was about to say that!”

 

 

 

***

 

 

Arriving to the restaurant everyone make a seat next each other, Jongdae, Minseok, Kyungsoo, Chanyeol in a side and Jongin, Baekhyun and Luhan in the other side. The man at the restaurant came with a happy face, he said hi to his son and he talked to everyone wishing for them a happy new year, everyone get his meal after a massive explanation to Baekhyun and Chanyeol, who looks like idiots not knowing the food of the area.

 

Few moment Baekhyun phone ring and he look at the caller, he smirk and pick up “yes?” Jongin raise an eyebrow at how Baekhyun hid the caller number “where are you? Oh okay!” Baekhyun stands “I will be back!” Seeing the question look on everyone face “Lay need me”

 

And that when they just nodded, Luhan pouted with “come back before midnight” and waving a goodbye but he immediately switch his place near Jongin trying his food, and talking.

He Nodded and since everyone busy Baekhyun went to his Van and drive back to the school, he arrived as fast as he can to find a boy standing there waiting, he pointed for him to come in, and he did.

 

“So Sehun! what do you think?” Baekhyun asked with a smirk

“I hate you for letting me know like that!” Sehun said a little anger “couldn’t you just convince him to tell me! why let me hear your two conversations! I feel guilty now!”

Baekhyun laughed “well! I couldn’t see that sparkling Luhan sad!”

Sehun just shrugs “I was afraid to lose him too actually...aaah...forget it...you are a stranger am not telling you my feelings! How about to drive it almost midnight!”

“Oh! Yes” Baekhyun said driving down town again.

 

 

***

 

 

It was 11:57 when Baekhyun finally arrived at the city! He drive as fast as he can in the town roads.

“We are not going to make it alive!” Sehun said in panic from the fast driving, he feel the breaks of the Van next the Jora-restaurant, while the people inside were counting from 10, they gets in fast and with the count down 

9


8

 

Luhan stand looking at Sehun who came through the door

 

7

 

He saw Sehun taking his coat off and a sparkling jacket shown that he was wearing under it

 

6

 

he notice Baekhyun from behind him coming, with a wink

 

5

 

He saw Sehun coming to his direction 

 

4

 

He reaches him

 

 

And take him in his embrace 

 

2

 

He get closer to his face

 

1

 

And kissed him

 

 

“HAPPY NEW YEAR”

 

 

~~~

 

Yes that my second couple!

 

everyone screams the words and they start hugging each other and kissing, that day that restaurant went crazy, the workers the customers, Even Jongdae look at Sehun and Luhan then turn to do the same to Minseok kissing him patiently like it their first time, and after that I know it was their first and they keep it till the new year

I could see Kyungsoo who became red as a tomato when he got hugged by Chanyeol, The taller is happy, he really is from his gesture, he felt awkward but he kept the hug for much more longer time that it should be

 

and there it is...Jongin came standing in front of me...with his smile and looks, I get afraid of it before, because I felt weak, I thought I was Jongin weakness as Jongdae said once, but truly I guess he was mine too...

 

And maybe that the perfect match for me! I moved slowly to him, and hugged him, he didn’t hold it back and hugged me too.

 

I felt happy! I felt safe! And I felt being loved!

 

That was 2020 new year, 

 

That was when i thought everything will be fine

 

 

Especially when...

 

 

~~~

 

 

Chanyeol lose the hug and look at Kyungsoo, the other smile back at him with a soft smile “happy new year Chan!”

Chanyeol smiled “happy new year!” But he didn’t stopped at that he lean down stealing a fast kiss from Kyungsoo forehead, 

 

AND KYUNGSOO FROZE

 

“I know it’s fast, but you showed me the love I never saw before in those past days, Kyungsoo...” Chanyeol stopped closing his eyes, like the words didn’t want to come out from his throat “...will you be my boyfriend?”