022

DARLING

Uu

 

Unintentionally making her girlfriend pissed over a small thing; Baekhyun decided to not escalate it further by nodding to her statements. He understand that it is either she was just tired from work or it is time of the month for her regular mood swings season. Baekhyun did keep track the estimation date of Dahee periods, so that he can prepare himself better. Do not mess with girls on period—that is Jongin friendly reminder that he keeps in his mind.

 

It is over a stupid, unreasonable argument. Baekhyun without knowing finished up the last stock of Banana milk on their fridge and Dahee who already in bad mood suddenly craving for it in the middle of the night. He can make it up by buying it at convenient store right away but her girlfriend already coming with “Don’t even bother to buy a new one. I’m not in a mood anymore”. Baekhyun facepalmed at her statement.

 

As much as he clueless what exactly gotten into her or what he should do at this moment, Baekhyun just simply said sorry and admit that it is indeed his fault (he is now making note in his mind to not take the last thing in fridge to consider his girlfriend). Dahee still pissed at him and decided to not sleep with him on the same bed but to make herself comfy on couch. It is only later around 2 AM when Baekhyun pick her up in his arms and bring back to their bed for Dahee to snuggle him as her usual routine without realised.

 

“Hey, good morning baby” His girlfriend sweet voices echoed. Baekhyun smiling like a baby who just woke up, he smiles while nuzzling his face more into her chest.

 

“Morning to you too Miss Grumpy. Do you have a good sleep?” Baekhyun said, half teasing when he recalled back how Dahee unnecessary throwing a tantrum before they went to sleep last night.

 

She pouted and kiss his head as sign of apologies. “I feel better now. Sorry Baekhyun. I was being stupid last night getting mad at you for no reason over a silly thing. Forgive me please?”

 

“How can I be mad to this cutest girl, tell me” Baekhyun lifted his head a bit just to steal a quick peck over her lips. “I forgive you but please cuddles me all day today. I don’t feel like doing anything today, babe”

 

“Cuddles then it is” She nodded obediently while tighten her grip into her boyfriend body further.

 

They cuddles for 45 minutes before Dahee leaving Baekhyun talking all alone, only realized that his girlfriend already snooze off for naps again with his fingers lingers all over his waist and her soft breath on his neck. They were still in conversation of where they should go for lunch, only for Baekhyun to excited about the plan on his own. Dahee probably too tired for her hectic weeks and need a lot rest.

 

“What time is it now Baekhyun?” Dahee woke up from her nap with Baekhyun scrolling into his mobile phone beside her, still in bed. He probably have wake up and feel bored. Dahee thought.

 

He checked into his mobile phone screen and inform her the time while running his fingers into her hairs. “Do you want to stay in bed darling? You want to eat anything? We can call out for delivery instead” Dahee only responded by nodded to his question and pull back the duvet up into her chest, snuggling into the warmth.

 

“I will need to get my laptop outside. I will make a call to order foods for us while at it. Take your time Dahee, I will call you once it is ready okay” Baekhyun informed, taking his steps to get out from the bed, leaving her girlfriend to rest up a bit.

 

Dahee enjoys her weekend and make it useful as much as she can. That is includes laying down on the bed a little bit longer to rest the tiring body. She is so grateful that Baekhyun is so understanding that he did not mind if she sleep until noon and call out for delivery instead of cooking on her own on certain days. After all, Dahee is working just like him on other days and he understand it well how exhausted it will be.  

 

She was not feeling sleepy now, but rather in mood to do nothing. Groggy as of sudden she feels like going to pee; Dahee lazily making her steps into the bathroom. As she was about to stand up, her eyes widened to the sudden bad feeling. “! Could it be—” She gasped.

 

Dahee have a feeling that she must be around the corner of her period time when her mood swings kick in by having a silly argument with her boyfriend last night. It should be around 1-3 days, but she did not feel the period cramps yet and her busy schedule made her forget about it. She thoughts it just her hormones that she suddenly become grumpy and too tiring from work made her pissed at everyone.

 

Her eyes widen when she spotted the red blood stains on their bed, exactly at her side of the bed and the fact that they had a white bedsheet make it more obvious. This will be first time that she experienced this while living in the same roof as Baekhyun. All worries coming at her thinking the worst possibilities of her boyfriend reaction. Will he be mad? What will be Baekhyun reaction?

 

It will be too obvious if she changes the sheet immediately and by having Baekhyun around, it will be more uncomfortable. She know that is not her fault but Dahee could not help but to feel bad. When they were deciding to move in together, she have not thinking about this situation. What if her boyfriend leave her because he feel disgusted? Her trains of thought disrupted when the bedroom door suddenly open widely from the other side.  

 

“Dahee, the usual chinese takeout restaurant is closed today. Can we choose different—” Baekhyun stopped in his tracks when he saw her girlfriend hiding her head on her knees looking restless. Approaching her worriedly, he checks on her. “Hey baby, what happened? Are you okay?”

 

“Baek—Baekhyun can you go out?” She quickly stand up, biting her lips nervously and push him towards the door. “I—I have something to do. Please, I will go out in a bit”

 

He did not get the points of why she had to kick him out suddenly. It puzzled him how she suddenly changed her moods. “What is wrong Dahee? Are you sick? Did anything happen while I was away?”

 

“I have something that I need to deal by own. I promise you I’m okay, just—just give me space, please?” Dahee begged, at this point she also clueless on what to do.

 

Baekhyun was about to argue more because he was so positive something is bothering her girlfriend but Dahee quickly turned around to quickly sit back on the bed suspiciously. That was when he spotted the blood stains on her night dress, then his eyes diverted into the bedsheet that she was trying to cover up.

 

Cautiously without making her upset, he asked, “Are you perhaps on your period baby?”  

 

Stuttered, she nodded and bury her face into her hands again feeling guilty. “I’m so sorry that I stained the bed, Baekhyun. I’m so sorry. I will change it please go out for a while”

 

Baekhyun come closer and kneeling on the floor to reach her hands out from her face and titled up her chin to looks directly into him. “Baby why are you apologize because of this? It is not a big deal and we can always change the bedsheet. I’m not going to be mad at you just because of this”

 

“But baby—” She pointed to the stains, “It is disgusting and you probably feeling weird seeing this. I’m sorry I was not prepared. I just found out that I am on my period when it was leaked”

 

He shush her by pulling kissing her crown. “Its okay Dahee. It was not your fault and hey, this is normal okay?” Baekhyun educate her about a minute on how she should feel comfortable with things like this now that they are living together. “You go fresh up yourself and I will help to change the bedsheet. I’m not disgusted with this, don’t worry. I will take care of it so don’t be sad yeah?”

 

Dahee friends and families who already know Baekhyun always said that she is lucky that she have an amazing boyfriend like him, this is the fact that she cannot doubt as he indeed, the best person ever. All she wanted few years back was just this handsome guy to be her boyfriend, but Dahee got more than that. Baekhyun does treat her how she deserved, and even more.

 

It shocked her a bit how Baekhyun calmly responded for this kind of situation even he did not have sister all his life as reference. He remained calm and play his part well to make her relax, tell her that it is fine to stain the sheet and even help her to change it. Dahee was feeling so bad but he insisted that he will do all the job and she should just freshen up herself.

 

With the qualities that Baekhyun have, he has set up a high standard for Dahee over a man and she can see that Baekhyun will be a good husband and father for his future family. Everyday Dahee pray so that she will be given chances for them to end up together; forever, but if she is not the right person, one day she will tell the girl that she has made the right choice; Byun Baekhyun is perfect.

 

 

Even since they started dating back when she was still in uni, Baekhyun had always being extra in providing care and affection when she had her period. Growing years into their relationship, he had it under control when it comes to her mood swings, sudden craving, and the pain. That is explained why she never run out of sanitary pads and chocolates stocks during the time.

 

Dahee loves to eat dark chocolate when she have her period, need to drink warm tea to relieved the pain and will need infinity supplies of Baekhyun hugs and attention which tops of his list of: How To Take Care Your Girlfriend During Period package. Even when Baekhyun as a man, will never get the feeling how hurt it is, but his efforts and presence does help Dahee to go through it.

 

“Here is your chamomile tea, less sweet as you like” Baekhyun give her the mug while she is waiting comfortably on the couch watching her favourite series on Netflix.

 

“Thank you, Baekhyun. You are such a caring boyfriend” Dahee not forget to compliment him for his kindness.

 

He grins like a little kid every time she praises him. A little thing between them that he always treasures. “No worries Dahee. Do you need anything else? Maybe chocolates? Or your favourite snacks? Cakes?”

 

Dahee shakes her head to rejects his offer. He have fed her too much since she woke up that she felt bloated. He then took her legs that were resting on the other side of the couch to lay it on his laps. She looks at him when he caresses with his fingers. “Babe, while you are at it, can you help to massage my back? My cramps this time was not as bad as before my back is hurting a bit”

 

“Sure, that will be 10$, Madam” He said playfully ready to receive a little kick from her gangster girlfriend.

 

Baekhyun never failed making her body feels good every time. No ual intention, Dahee really meant it when she said that his hand does a good job in relieving the pain on her backs. He was massaging her so good that at the end of the session she end up fall asleep again. Another fact about Dahee when she is in her period; she will take naps and sleep a lot.

 

Their weekend was pretty simple, consisting of Baekhyun regularly checking his work when she is taking naps or playing games and watching kdrama. They had planned to dine in at nearby restaurant but the cosy whether and the laziness of them both making them stay inside cuddling each other to relaxing themselves after hectic weekdays with works.

 

He still in front of his computer when he suddenly remember about the invitation his best friend sent. “Don’t forget to RSVP for Jongdae engagement party next week. You are free right on Friday night?” Baekhyun asked while peeking Dahee from his study table.

 

Her PMS cramps is being very nice this time that it did not give her so much pain, that she can even playing guitar hero on Baekhyun Xbox. “What is it, Baek?” She asked again, not giving her entire attention to the conversation. She had to paused it when his boyfriend repeat the same question twice this time.

 

“Stop the game already Dahee, you played it all day and will loss again, I bet” He laughed at her when she snickers, half agreed with his boyfriend.  

 

She resume her game for the very last chances on current round, trying to ignore his boyfriend sarcasm but only frustrated when she is indeed, losing. “Ugh! This is because of your curse Baekhyun!”

 

He laughed at the sight. “Told you baby. Well I asked you to not forget to RSVP for Jongdae engagement party. Do you want me to pick up you from your office?” Baekhyun is now shutting down his laptop and get a drink from the kitchen.

 

Dahee wipes her sweats after battling into the game and lost again. She plopped on the stool beside him on the kitchen island, feeling very thirsty. “It will be on Friday, right? I think it will be better if I see you at the venue because I have software deployment at client site on that day”

 

“That is fine with me, but tell me if you need me to pick you up anywhere okay?” Baekhyun offered. “And don’t forget. We have to go to my best friend engagement party together”

 

“I will remember, Baekhyun, don’t worry” Dahee muttered quickly to dismiss the conversation. His ice latte is interesting her more than anything at this moment, her hands already busy stealing Baekhyun glass.

 

Baekhyun rolls his eyes at her behaviour. He clearly remembered that she rejected his offer to make her coffee earlier, saying that she did not feel like having caffeine today. Guess Dahee just betrayed herself when she is gulping down all his ice latte without even leaving him a bit. He wasn’t even surprised anymore consider the amounts of his foods and drinks and will be hers in a minute whenever she laid her eyes into.

 

Dahee burping when she handled him back the empty glass, her eyes widen a bit. He cannot help but smiles with so much affection when Dahee cutely said sorry for finishing it up his drink (she is too cute for him to be mad at and making another coffee is not that hard for Baekhyun) before she made her way to resume episode 14 of her favourite Kdrama.

 

“Baby! Should we go out and go shopping?” Baekhyun faced suddenly lit up upon checking his latest email, he quickly show it to Dahee feeling so proud. “I just got bonus incentive from client for my outstanding performance for my last project!”

 

She smiles, feeling so happy so his boyfriend hard work. “Congrats baby, I know you always the best with your work. I’m so happy for you Baekhyun”

 

“Thanks darling, so tell me what you would need, I want to treat you on this special day. New handbag? New clothes? New shoes?” He asked, already in good mood to go out and pamper his girlfriend.

 

“Baekhyun babe, it is not necessary to bring me out to go shopping. Keep your money to reward yourself, I think that would be better” Dahee refused the offer, trying to negotiate with him. After all she feel uncomfortable for him to spend his money on her too much.

 

“But Dahee, I’m fine with it. I’m your boyfriend, it is my job to make you feels appreciated” He tried to counter back.

 

“The last thing I want is for you to make me your liability baby. You earned from your hard work; it is not fair for you to spend too much for me. We are in the process to build our career and life; I think saving for future should be more priority. I will appreciate if you wish you pamper me but let’s make it moderate”

 

She then added more, “The handbag you bought for me is still new and usable. Plus, there are much more way to show pamper me and make me feel loved”

 

“And what would that it will be darling?” Baekhyun smirks teasing his baby.

 

Dahee then press her lips into him for a quick kiss that eventually turns out into a make out session. “You have been appreciative in whatever you did for me Baekhyun, that is enough for me. Okay, if you insists, we still can go out to celebrate this. But maybe we can just go for ice cream session? Or dessert hunting?”

 

“Only the top-quality dessert, cake for my favourite person” Baekhyun is not planning to lose, at least in terms on providing the best for his girlfriend.

 

She bop his nose and squish Baekhyun irresistible fluffy cheeks, “Fine, you rich people”

 

 

It took them almost 2 hours drive to from Seoul to the place, where Dahee had promised Harin for the double date. Technically it is more into Baekhyun driving alone while his girlfriend sleeping half of the journey, too sleepy as they woke up super early to be there on time. Making a bad impression to Harin new boyfriend will be the last thing that they want to do.

 

Dahee have been anticipated for this double date and could not stop talking about how much fun it will be every day into Baekhyun ears until he finally agreed. Prepare on quick sandwich that they will eat along the journey, he buckled her up and put a blanket over Dahee before driving. It is Baekhyun habit to make Dahee comfortable during their little trip by making sure she is not too cold, too warm, have something to munch inside the car and leave his other hand on her thighs as she liked most.  

 

Dahee wake up upon their arrival and jumps on her seat when she spotted the Ski Resort sign board. He park the car and leading her out while making sure she is wrapped comfortably into her thick jacket. “Calm down, baby you have been too excited” Baekhyun said while rubbing his hand together adjusting to the current weather.

 

“We have planned this since we were roommates at uni. Of course, I am excited!” Dahee claimed as walking around the entrance with Baekhyun. She grins at her beloved boyfriend before taking his hand to clasped it together before blowing air on it. “My poor baby is cold is it? Let’s get you pair of gloves when we enter the venue later”

 

“Just keep holding my hand” Baekhyun shivers a bit while keeping his body closer to her. They are now at the Ski resort; it is expected to be this cold.

 

Dahee looks at her boyfriend suspiciously, “Are you to trying to cuddle me publicly or just use me as a walking heater?”

 

“Maybe both?” He chuckles. “Don’t blame me when you are just so comfy baby, just like the baby panda”

 

“Excuse me, Baekhyun but what did you just called me?” Dahee glares at him, she was about to pinch him when they were interrupted by voices.

 

“Dahee! Baekhyun!” Here comes the double date stars; Harin and her boyfriend, Minseok.

 

Now that she had seen Harin boyfriend live in front of her eyes; Dahee had to admit that he is indeed a man with a good-looking feature. Even though Minseok can’t beat Baekhyun according to her preferences, but Dahee thinks that he is perfect choice for her pretty best friend. Harin and Dahee introduce the boyfriends towards each other for the first time.

 

Even before they enter the Ski Resort, Harin and Dahee has started their agenda of the day by taking tons of selfies which already took minutes. It took Baekhyun to being sarcastic telling them that if they can even take selfies in Seoul, this is surprised Minseok a bit as Baekhyun is being blunt; only to be explained by Harin that they all three has known each other during uni time.


Dahee always wanted to go to Ski Resort with her boyfriend but Baekhyun always to reject the idea as it will take a long drive and he is not a big fan of cold weather. So, when Harin suggested Ski Resort instead of the cliché amusement park double date, she immediately agreed and try her best to persuade her boyfriend to tag along. Even if she had to promised her that she will let him play games with Jongdae on weekends for more than 3 hours.

 

The scenes of Baekhyun and her wearing matching clothes and being romantic into while playing the snow finally become reality. Especially when she have no experience with playing Ski and need Baekhyun to cling to her, his hand never leave her waist to guide and for support when she was about to fall. Baekhyun is good enough on this sport that he have excuse to reject the idea for Dahee to have male instructor to teach her.

 

That same goes with Harin, just like her bestie, she also hopeless when it comes to Ski. Luckily her boyfriend Minseok as good as Baekhyun; they even show off their skills by ski-ing from the tops making all girls there swooned over their good skills and handsome faces. Maybe they are just lucky enough to have a hot boyfriend like them.

 

“You are so good at this, Baekhyun” Minseok praised him once completing the laps and at the sight of stunts he showed them earlier.

 

“I’m used to ski a lot with my brother back then. But you are not that bad too, Minseok. That stunt require a lot of experiences. But I’m curious, are you perhaps play ice hockey sport with any teams?” He asked back, feeling his face a bit familiar. They are comfortable making conversation with each other while the girls is playing together.

 

Minseok nodded shyly, “Yes actually I’m a national player for our country”

 

“Ah! No wonder you I have seen your face before!” Baekhyun exclaimed. He was being a bit chatty when getting more comfortable with the person he just met. “It is a pleasure to meet you, Minseok”

 

“Me too, Baekhyun” It seems like they both are easily attached that it is not surprise if at the end of the date they will be closer than Harin and Dahee expected.

 

Luckily the girls come in before the atmosphere getting more awkward between the new friends. “We had so much fun inside! But I think it is approaching lunch time, should we go to the nearest restaurant?”

 

Dahee quickly agreed to Harin suggestion, quickly dragging the gentleman with them. “Come on guys, we are starving!

 

It was peaked time when they arrived at the restaurant which require them to queue for about 15 minutes before getting a table. It was the most popular restaurant there as it is only walk distance from the entrance and it rumoured to serve the best seafood on the city. As it was a bit crowded, Baekhyun his body glued to her girlfriend, protecting her to get bump with strangers.

 

Upon seeing that, Dahee spotted that Harin looking at them, and looking at her boyfriend again probably waiting for Minseok to be affectionate like Baekhyun. As Dahee aware about her bestie, she is a bit shy so Dahee take initiative by coughing all sudden to get Minseok attention. She eyes at Harin and at the same time tighten the hold with Baekhyun, giving subtle hints. She was in joy when Minseok decided copy what Baekhyun did, leaving Harin looking so red in embarrassment.

 

Exactly after 15 minutes, they got the available table and seat opposite each other.  “I heard that they served the best seafood platters here, maybe we can try that?” Harin suggested to Minseok who sit beside her as they four looking out on the restaurant menu.

 

“I think that will be a good idea. Oh honey, wait—" Minseok called Harin while fixing his girlfriend bangs that are in messed while they are playing ski earlier. “There you go, pretty as always”

 

“Am I?” Harin asked her boyfriend back in flirty expression. “Thank you, my love”

 

Meanwhile the intentionally PDA has made Dahee and Baekhyun giggling on the opposite site. Harin probably forget that there is another person with them right now. It is a rare sight to see Harin, the one who used to be a shy girl in confessing her love being so cute with her current boyfriend, Minseok who luckily also have a same character like her. Dahee could not help but to feel happy for her best friend.

 

Baekhyun picked Halibut fish and chips for them, which is Dahee favourite from the menu while her girlfriend being busy taking selfies with Harin. He is about to ask which drink she would like to order when her phone suddenly ringing. “Hold on, let me take this call” She said while excusing herself for a bit.

 

“Who is that you talked with?” Baekhyun first question as soon as she come back to the table. He wasn’t feeling good upon seeing the name of the caller earlier.

 

“It is Seojun, my supervisor” She responded while quickly scanning the menu again to pick her drink. Resuming her pending decision earlier.

 

Baekhyun seems have not yet satisfied with the interrogation, “It is weekends and your off day. Why would your supervisor call you?” His voice turned serious all sudden, caught attentions of Harin and her boyfriend as well.

 

Her lips turned into a thin line, noticing the stares from her bestie for her discomforts. “He just remind everyone about our presentation with client on Monday. Nothing much” She slide her hand into Baekhyun lap, caressing a bit to reassure him.

 

“I think we can order now” Harin clears awkwardly to divert the conversation.

 

Dahee glad that Baekhyun did not make a big deal of the topic and being all moody until the end of their trip, making Baekhyun in a bad mood while they are still in double date with Harin and Minseok is the last thing that she wish to happen. It is fortunate that he did not create a scene and making the other couple uncomfortable.

 

Once done with the lunch, they decided to kills time by taking photos around the place, taking the gondola ride into the top, Ski-ing again, playing snow and ended their trip by visiting the merchandise shop that only excites the girls. As they both have each other, Baekhyun and Minseok leaving them to shop together while they leaving to grab some coffee.

 

“Dahee, what happened during lunch earlier? Don’t you think Baekhyun a little bit controlling over you?” Harin voice out her concern when she got the opportunity to talk to Dahee in private.

 

She smiled, reassure her best friend that there is nothing bad occur. “Don’t worry, I think he just get a bit defensive when my supervisor disturb me during weekend. Baekhyun met him before and not a big fan of him as he claimed that Seojun is too young and handsome to be my supervisor”

 

Harin chuckles and shakes her head in disagreement. “Is he still the same? Baekhyun old habits?”

 

“Of him easily being jealous?” Dahee confirm back her best friend question which Harin nodded.

 

Dahee sighs, “Unfortunately, yes, Baekhyun is still easily jealous of me being close with other guys apart from someone he known”  

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: I had a long day today and managed to complete this around 4 am. I always wrote every chapter in one night so please forgive if you find a lot of mistakes. 

 

As predicted, this story will be completed in few more chapters so I think it is time for a bit ✨drama✨ *wink