021

DARLING

Tt

 

To be honest, Baekhyun did not expected this part of his life. To be able to wake up everyday to a pretty face that does nothing but making him feel calm, while still giving him butterflies on his stomach. As much as it is contrast to what he is saying, that is what he felt after sharing his apartment with her for passed weeks, she does feels like home to him. Imagine she was there everyday to comfort him when he has a tiring day at work, and be the reason for him to start his day in positivity—what else he could ask for?

 

Sure, that it is a big decision that he made by asking her to move in together, but this is just feeling so right. Baekhyun bought this house a month ago and keep it as secret from his girlfriend and family, but he always has idea on his mind to ask her to move in and start new phase on their relationship. Luckily, he made a right choice by expedite everything.

 

Baekhyun could be exaggerating when saying that his sleep quality has been improved; but that is the reality. By having the love of his life beside him every night that has eventually become his bolster and his cuddling machine, he swears that he never been this comfortable sleeping at his own apartment. Previously he had to begged her to stay at night when he still staying with his friends, now he no need worry for that anymore.

 

As much as he loves being cuddly and lazy around the bed, especially on weekend with his partner, he still needs to wake up early today as they already have a plan for this perfect Saturday. Last night before going to bed Baekhyun had suggested with Dahee to bring her to do some groceries shopping to stock up their foods and home supplies. In fact, according to the initial plan, they were supposed to halfway done, but Dahee still sleeping has pushing the plan entirely.

 

“Wake up, boo. We have a day planned ahead today” Baekhyun spoke softly as he caresses her hair and peppered kisses on Dahee face.

 

“Noooooo” She whines and stubborn despite having her boyfriend clinging close to her body under the warm blankets.

 

Dahee grunts while still had her eyes close, after all it just 7 am in the morning. “It still early Baekhyun, I don’t wish on disrupt my weekend sleep”

 

“Wake up now big baby,” He said, trying to pull her body up from the comfortable bed. “We want to go for groceries shopping today, remember? It will be fun”

 

Dahee rolls her eyes at her boyfriend remarks. “We do that all the time babe, and we can do it any other day too”

 

“Uh-oh” He refused, “We are going as promised today. I will buy anything you want baby. How about I buy you butterscotch ice cream? Or your all-time favourite Ben’s cookies?”

 

“Only if you include my custom made Butterbeer Frappe from Starbucks?” Dahee negotiating while leaning for her must have morning kisses from the handsome Byun Baekhyun.

 

Which has become Baekhyun favourite things to do each morning. “Sure things, cupcake”

 

“Let me shower first then” Contrast to her reaction 10 minutes ago, Dahee now willingly sacrifice her weekend nap to go out with him. “Want to join me, baby?”

 

“Was planning to do that darling” He smirks as he jolts up to her into the shower.

 

Baekhyun is not a big fuss on the things he has at his apartment, however, Dahee is. She has to make sure they have a simple Nordic concept for the living hall, matching cutleries for two, matching white marbles accessories for their bedroom and also a pair of cute bunny home slipper. It does not surprised Baekhyun too when he come home last week to new collection of fake plants she bought online to match the vibe.

 

It just so cute when Dahee prepared everything for them and play a big part to make the house feel alive. Despite of his busy schedule of work and also Dahee who also spent 8 hours working shift, she does make the apartment as comfy as she can so that Baekhyun can come home with a relaxed mind and most importantly, feels comfortable.  

 

It took them around 1 hour later to get out from their apartment and heading towards shopping mall to execute their plan. “Don’t forget that you owe me ice cream Baekhyun” Dahee said playfully since their arrival to remind her boyfriend.

 

He pulls her closer to his side and bop her nose. “Of course, I will remember that. You remind me like hundreds time already sweetheart”

 

“Thank you Baekhyun, you are the best boyfriend ever” She praised, half sincere half in sarcastic to get his good side.

 

“You have been saying that so many times too” Baekhyun laughs, already know what she is up on her sleeve.

 

Other things that Baekhyun is grateful for is that her girlfriend does make a good housemate criteria; she never let the kitchen empty. Before she moved in, he already emphasize that it is not necessary to prepare him the foods all time. He understood that she is working too and being in internship sometimes does take extra time on her shift.

 

But Dahee loves to cook and having the kitchen by herself and she did not feel that making her boyfriend foods as a task, but rather something that she would enjoy doing. She would make a breakfast and for them before going to the office and take time every evening to prepare decent dinner to have it with Baekhyun. After all, dinner is the only time that they can spent together during weekdays, so she must make sure to use it wisely.

 

“What shall we get to stock up for our fridge baby?” Baekhyun ask as he push the cart on the aisle of the foods and beverages.

 

“Apart from our usual list, is there anything you want to eat babe? I will cook for you” Dahee replied while checking the to-buy list on her phone, checking each of necessity for their apartment.

 

Baekhyun take time to run his mind on the spot thinking the menu she had cooked him since they move in together. Beaming in smiles, he finally made up his mind. “Remember when you made me chicken dumplings the other day? Can you make it again, pretty please Dahee?”

 

“Of course, Baekhyun. Would you like it less spicy than before or—” She was interrupted when Baekhyun phone suddenly ringing. He signaled her to be apart for a while and Dahee is not care enough as she wants to give Baekhyun privacy.

 

He used to ask her back then, on why she never bother to check on his phone or controlling the social media account that he has. Baekhyun has the idea of Dahee to go through his phone (he did not mind if she does, as he has nothing to hide) like most of girlfriend did, but her answer got him shocked. She was saying that she did not do that because she trusts him. The answer is enough to make him realize that Dahee is indeed a girlfriend that he must keep.

 

Not only that, moving in together also made him realized the quality that she has which differ her from every other girl. Instead of latching at him all time, Dahee is so understanding of Baekhyun career. She did give him his own time and did not bother to ask for unnecessary attention when he is busy. But other than that, he enjoyed the duality of her when she suddenly being all baby and ask him politely if she can cuddle with him after a long day. That is Dahee on charms that he admired most.

 

Dahee is alone with a shopping cart and completing each of their to-buy list when she heard Baekhyun voice come nearer. “Alright, mom sure I will do that. Oh, and yeah, I’m with my girlfriend. We are at the mall now” Dahee is now alarmed that her boyfriend is speaking to his mother instead of any other person.

 

He smiles at her and whispers that Mrs Byun is sending her dearest regards via the phone call. “You want to talk to her mom?” Baekhyun teasing her mom because she can’t stop talking about Dahee (and her girlfriend who are now blushing).

 
“No, Baekhyun. That will be embarrassing for me” Dahee mouthed at him, trying her luck to escape it. Luckily, he understands it and end the call with his mother convincing her that yes, they will visit her someday (which is not really happen sooner).

 

 

Yesterday after finished with groceries, Baekhyun had spontaneously bring her to go play GoKart nearby the shopping mall. They spent few hours there and that tiring her that much. It such a nice experience since she never tried it before (her boyfriends is cool enough to introduce her to new things every time they went for a date) but as much as her excitement was, it was indeed give her so many hours to spent on sleep due to her exhaustion.

 

They fixed a quick meal by having sets of McDonald burgers before she settled down for sleep and leaving Baekhyun with his game. It was only 9PM when she went to bed and surprisingly, Dahee only wake up next to his boyfriend 12 hours later. Feeling so hungry as soon as she woke up, she decided to cook something for her before waking Baekhyun who currently in a deep sleep. She wonders how many hours he spent time of his game last night.

 

Dahee was looking so domestic with her Baekhyun loose tshirt on her, covered up her short until knees and her messy bun hairs. She was grateful enough that her boyfriend did not mind of her looking this messy in every morning. Humming to her favorite songs that she decided to play loudly on speaker (it is Dahee tactic to wake her boyfriend), she starts making pancake on the pan.

 

“Smells good. Good morning Dahee” She was surprised on her action when she felt arms wrapping around her tiny waist and kisses peppered on her shoulders and neck.

 

Dahee smiles while still flipping the pancake, not to forget to greet her boyfriend. “Good morning baby. How is your sleep?”

 

“Good, because you were hugging me like a bolster as always. Not going to complain anyway. How was yours?” He asked back while turning her around for his morning kisses dose.

 

“Well, I almost want to kill you with a pillow because you are snoring loudly” She before quickly dismiss the idea when she sees Baekhyun getting all serious thinking if he did disturb her sleep. “I’m joking Baekhyun. I had a good sleep last night that I did not wake up a bit. Thank you for lighting up the aromatherapy candle for me before sleep. It does help me a lot”

 

“Anything to make my girlfriend comfortable” He grins. 

 

Dahee had done so much for them in this apartment including cooking and cleaning whichever time that she free, Baekhyun could not be more grateful for that. Because of that, during weekend when he was off work, he will try as much as he can to pay her back. That will include shushing her away for her own ‘me time’ (Baekhyun will usually pay for her meni pedi, spa and saloons to get her feel relax) or even taking the cleaning job from her.

 

Baekhyun is hopeless when it goes to cooking so he will not take a risk to cook her uneatable meals. Instead of that, he does what he best at. From making the bed to clean all the dirt around the house and finally do the laundry, he will forbid her to do and clear it on her own. It usually sparks an argument between them as the both want to help; but Baekhyun always win and for that, Dahee is not complaining when he will just send her straight to couch with ice cream on her hand and Netlix to watch.  

 

“What movie we are watching today?” Baekhyun flopped to the couch beside her when he is done with cleaning while Dahee is busy scrolling the list the movies on Netflix.

 

“I always had a problem with this. Do you have anything in mind baby?” She passed him the remote, in hope that he can help her with that.

 

He shrugged but still take her previous job to choose the movie. “What about this? As he picked Train to Busan”

 

“Babe, no. You want to see me sniffing on your chest half of the movie is it?” She protested.

 

“You are the only one who cried watching nerve-wrecking zombie movie” Baekhyun stated the fact. “Okay then, you pick”

 

They end up choosing Titanic and cuddles all along through out the movie. Baekhyun lowered his body to completely laying on the couch and pull her together so that she can be on top on his chest comfortably. Dahee is not complaining as this is the best cuddling positions that she like the most. She has three things about her boyfriend that she like most; his hugs, his scent and his firm chest that is the most comfortable pillow she ever had.

 

Approaching to the final scene of the movie, she can no longer feeling Baekhyun tight wrapped on her waist, but rather it loose and dropped into the side of her hips, only to see that he is snoozing now. Her boyfriend probably tired from the cleaning and being comfortable from the cuddles will absolutely make him sleepy (she felt that all time while being in Baekhyun embrace).

 

She lowered the volume of the television and ramming her fingers through his soft brown hair for another 20 minutes before she stopped to get up from the current positions. “Baby don’t stop” He pull her arm again, already awake from his short nap. He pleads, “Playing with my hair like you did earlier, please”

 

She chuckles at his clinginess. “Hold on Baekhyun, I just want to get some water. I will be back before you know”

 

“Come on Dahee, you know I don’t have all time today to spend with you” He sighs as he will need to leave their apartment later as he was assigned to so system deployment for his office. Screw his career and IT industry who deems them to work during non-office hours.

 

“It just for while babe, we can cuddle all night before we start another week on Monday later. You can do this, Baek. I’m so proud with my hardworking boyfriend” Dahee did not forget to praise him to boost up his motivation.

 

He took her hand to kiss on knuckles with so much affection. “Thank you, baby, you are the reason that I keep going nowadays. I’m so grateful for your support”

 

Later on the evening, as Baekhyun gone to his office, Dahee decided to go out as well to meet her best friend, Harin to kill her boredom. She had his permission earlier even though Baekhyun said that it is not needed, he trust him enough to let her girlfriend out with anyone as long as she is safe. But for Dahee, she thought that she at least needs to do that as she is living with him and not to make him worried.

 

Even though she has moving out from the dorm and stay together with her boyfriend, Dahee find that it is ridiculous to abandon her roommate that she always sticks with. Being so distant to each other feeling weird, but it is not possible for them to get the same internship place. The least thing that can do is to meet outside. So, after few weeks of not seeing each other, they decided to go for a quick café date like they always did before.

 

Of course, Harin as the protected friend she is, need to ask her so many questions to assure that Dahee is okay with her staying with Baekhyun. She bombarded Dahee with “Did he take care of you of well? Feeds you with foods? Tolerate with your sleeping antics well? Did he disgusted of you farting and burping freely in front of him?” Dahee just laughing at the end of it and promised her that Baekhyun does play his role well as a caring boyfriend and her new roommate.

 

“How is he, what is your boyfriend name again, Harin?” Dahee ask excitedly to her best friend as she sip the tea when she mentioned about her boyfriend.

 

“Wonderful as ever” Harin proudly said. “You know that how I wish for a perfect and handsome boyfriend even since before. It must exaggerate, but Minseok is everything I could ask for”

 

Dahee squeal in excitement. “I’m so happy for you, Harin. I hope he take care of you well or else—” She put her finger as playful threat. “I will lay a punch on his handsome face”

 

“Of course, girl!” Harin agreed, as they promised each other that will be at each other back through thick and thin. “And I will do the same to Baekhyun too if he does the same. Speaking of that, maybe we can setup double date that we always dreamt during uni time previously?” 

 

“Oh!” She is now excited. “That would be so fun!”

 

 

Dahee wake up today exceptionally feeling great than always as she is turning one year older in her life. It is her birthday and she well blessed when this time instead of being the first person to call up to wish her birthday, Baekhyun did give her a kiss exactly at 12 AM with sweet birthday wishes as she always dreamed for. That would be the best gift she ever received so far while being in her twenties.

 

Her day started by waking up alone on the bed as Baekhyun already informed that unfortunately today is Monday and he must be at the office earlier, though Dahee did not mind on that as they will celebrate together later at night. She also received the calls from her family and her friends to wish her a blissful birthday. It just too bad for a birthday girl; she still needs to attend her internship and go to work as usual.

 

The day still great so far, her sister, Han had sent her a bouquet of her favorite flower and chocolate, and she received a mini surprise from her supervisor and her fellow colleague which she very grateful for. They always assist her as intern at the company and make her internship experience a lot better (contrast to the workload she must do).

 

All the celebrations that she got until now, nothing beat her excitement to celebrate it again with her boyfriend. As passed years they have been celebrating, Baekhyun did everything so perfectly that made her anticipate each of her birthday. He never missed one despite of him being busy and the best part of it is that they able to celebrate it together each year is the most valuable gift.

 

“Baekhyun!” Dahee greet him excitedly upon his arrival at her office. Baekhyun had promised her to pick her up today. For her, there is nothing better than seeing her favorite face after 8 hours long working at the office.

 

Not to forget to compliment him, she muttered, “Thank you for pickup me, baby. You look so handsome today”

 

He chuckles at her innocent reaction, “You are not bad as yourself, pretty lady. Here is your first gift of the day” as he handled her favorite to-go banana blueberry smoothies.

 

“Ugh! My favorite!” She can feel the freshness of the smoothies on her first sipping itself. “Do I need to expect more from you Baek?” She scrunched her nose curiously.

 

“Well-- How is your work today baby?” Baekhyun asked as she buckled up the seatbelt.

 

She smiles, “Today is a great day and my workload is not that much too. Where are we going for the dinner, Baekhyun?”

 

“Surprise darling, and I hope you will like it” He peck on her lips before grinning suspiciously.

 

Every year he never failed to make she cried of happiness on her birthday. Even it was small celebration, he does make it to the fullest to bring her joy and good memories. She still can’t get over the event when he surprised her at her uni, with balloons and slice of self-made cake specially for her. The taste was awful and Baekhyun could not stop saying sorry for it. But his effort is what she appreciated the most (they had to go to café later to get a yummy cake instead).

 

Following year, he bought her to a fancy expensive dinner and even wore a suit to match the theme. It gave new experience to Dahee as she never been to a place like that with her ex-boyfriend, she was thankful to Harin to lend her a dress that fortunately match the vibe of the restaurant. She even made him promised her next time that it is not necessary to spend all his money on her, as long as they are celebrating together, she would be happy enough.

 

This year, he did not say much about celebrating anywhere or giving hints but Dahee has make sure to nice moderately when coming to work earlier so that she is at least look presentable to which ever place he will bring her for dinner later. Baekhyun still being secretive when she entered his car earlier, it even be more suspicious when he stopped his car nearby and put the blindfold on her.

 

As her eyes were sealed, she had no idea of where the car directed to. It was few minutes after that that she can sense the car stopped and he announce their arrival. Being careful, he opens the door and hold her hand to lead her to the place he planned. Baekhyun trying to hold his laughter from beginning, it will so fun to tease Dahee as she has been predicting the name of the restaurant he might bring her in, while the truth is he just bringing her back home.

 

Once entered, Baekhyun brings her to the center of their apartment and pull of the blindfold to reveal the surprise. Squinting her eyes, she tried to adjust to the light, “Open your eyes, Dahee” He whispered.

 

“Baek—I’m-- Oh my God!” She gasped seeing all the decoration and preparation on the table.

 

He drops a quick kiss on her lips before pulling the seat in front of her, “Have a seat, birthday girl. Do you like it?” Baekhyun swear that he never been this nervous and afraid of her reaction previously.

 

“You must be kidding me, babe. I love it!” She answered it sincerely. At this point, her tears already b on her eyes. “Thank you so much Baekhyun, I really love you a lot”

 

“Me too Dahee. I love you so much” He confessed. Feeling overwhelmed at the same time.

 

As long as he could remember, Baekhyun never been this all out in making his effort to make someone happy. His ex-girlfriend? He was not a big fan of romance back then, so it is exceptional. His family? He always leaves everything to his brother and his sister in law to take care of any celebration. But for Dahee, for the first time in his life, he wanted nothing but to always provide the best he can.

 

In a blink of time, their shared apartment has become a romantic dining place for the mini celebration. That is what she surprised most. Dahee was so sure that their apartment was looking fine when she went to the office morning. What she does not know is her boyfriend took half day leave just to decorate the place and do everything before he come to pick her up.

 

He ordered a nice meal with a top restaurant quality steaks, bought fresh flowers and rose bouquet as what she always received on her birthday and even take time to do research on how to setup romantic dinner at home on Google. He did it and feeling proud when Dahee could not stop admire the photo frames of their photos on the table, scented candles along with the balloons he put around the apartment.

 

“Thank you so much, Baekhyun. I really meant it” She said, as she could not stop admiring her boyfriend efforts for tonight.

 

He nodded his head as acknowledgment and bring her hand closer to place a kiss on her knuckles, “You have thanked me so many times tonight baby. I assure you that it is fine, you deserve the best on your birthday”

 

She pouted, “But still babe, you—”

 

“How is the steak? I requested them to make it fully cooked as you preferred” He divert the conversation on different topic so that his girlfriend will not feeling guilty.

 

“This is good. The foods are perfect and decorations and flower too, you made me so happy today Baekhyun” She wanted to say thank you again but stopped when Baekhyun glaring at her playfully.

 

It was such a nice and cozy night date that she would not ask more. As soon as they are done with the dinner, Dahee was pushed out of the kitchen while they are clearing up the dishes, Baekhyun had told her that today it is full package services. He prepared the food and he will do the dishes as well. He was being serious when he said that he wants to pamper her for the whole day.

 

Giving up on making her help him, Dahee finally surrendered and went to the balcony to take some fresh air. She always loves night view and will always admire the city lights around Seoul. Baekhyun does a good job when choosing this apartment, it come with a beautiful scene view from the apartment itself.

 

“Isn’t it cold out here, Dahee? You will catch a cold” He back hugged her, waking her up from deep slumber.

 

Dahee shakes her head in dismiss and place her hand on top of his. “I enjoy the view tonight. The sky is clearer, and I can spot stars. It just so beautiful”

 

“Indeed, it is so pretty” He agreed. “Just like you” Baekhyun teased.

 

“You are exceptionally cheesy tonight, Baekhyun” She said playfully and leaned her head on his chest. “But I love it, I really love everything about tonight”

 

He hummed, “I told you, I want to make you happy today and I hope for everyday you are with me too”

 

“Aren’t I the luckiest girl already to have you as my boyfriend?” Dahee questioned. “You know Baekhyun, at first when I have a major crush on you and chasing you around, I did not wish that we would end up together at the end. I felt like a dream comes true”

 

Baekhyun smiles, all memories flooded back into his mind. It was such a good old day in uni. “I did not expect that I would have change to be a better man too. From dismissing you in every chance to loving you with all my heart. Tell me darling, what did you do to me?”

 

“Well, I just found someone that I love and as much as you did for me, I want to make you happiest man on earth as well” It does sound cringey but at least from her part, she wanted her boyfriend know that he is everything that she want in her life.

 

The ambience and her words made everything perfect for him to give her the gift. Slowly without getting notice by Dahee, he pulled out the necklace that he bought for her and wear it around her neck. It is a beautiful silver necklace with a star shape pendant that have his initial on it. It is custom made jewellery that he secretly bought last week.

 

She shivers when the necklace wrapped on her neck, her eyes widen due to foreign thing on her empty neck. Dahee quickly titled her head into his direction, only for Baekhyun to mouth that it is hers and quickly leave a peck while she still in shocked. She then flipped the Tiffany and Co pendant and saw the initial engraved on it; BBH.  

 

“Baekhyun, this is so pretty, I swear. But this is expensive” She said, still gasping and speechless for such a beautiful gift.

 

“You have done so may things for me, for us in this relationship. This is nothing compare to all” Baekhyun said before turns her around and pull her into passionate kiss; the kind of kiss that inspires stars to climb into the sky and light up her world.

 

“Thank you Darling, you made my life perfect. Happy birthday, my love,” he wishes her before the day wrapped as it is approaching next day.

 

“You know what I anticipate most for my birthday celebrations with you, Baekhyun?” Dahee her now wet lips. “Kisses from you” She confessed boldly. “Kiss me again, baby”

 

Baekhyun reached up and took a curl of her hair between his fingers. He was close enough that she could feel the warmth of his body, smell his perfume and his body. “Your wish is my command, darling” He flirted back while letting her hair slip through his fingers. “Just for you to know Dahee, if I kiss you all day every day for the rest of my life, it won’t be enough”

 

“Then do it forever, Baekhyun”

 

 

 

 

A/N: New chapter updated. Comment below on your opinion of this chapter *winks*