Briefing

Mr. Jeon, you got a match!
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Today was the day where we would announce the proposal for the upcoming launch of the new game. I couldn’t recall how many proposals did I read but there were at least ten bottles of eye drops in my bin.

 

I was never going to complain about proposals anymore, it felt as though the proposals were carrying out their revenge and decided to multiply themselves while my agony and fatigue had more than multiplied.

 

I bet my bed was feeling extremely neglected since I had only spent less than five hours with it for the past week. At least I had one day to catch up on my sleep before the proposals were replaced with endless internal meetings and investor meetings for preparation of the game launch.

 

I pushed open the door of the meeting room where everyone was already waiting for me. All five employees whose proposals were shortlisted were present, as well as the various teams from the Marketing, Design, Coding, Security and Strategy Departments that were chosen for this project before the meeting.

 

It was only now that I realized that both the interns were shortlisted. I bit back a smile, I guess I made the right decision during the interview after all.

 

I gently knocked on the table once and the chattering that filled the room sizzled down shortly after.

 

“First of all, I would like to thank each one of you for your hard work.” I started, glancing at each of the ten shortlisted candidates as I spoke, “I’m very impressed by the proposals that were submitted, especially the ones submitted by the interns that just joined us. I hope that those who didn’t get chosen will not feel discouraged but continue to work harder.”

 

I got up from my seat and strolled towards the front of the meeting room, ready to announce the final proposal that was chosen. “For JJ Games’ annual game launch, we have chosen So Min’s proposal for this year.”

 

A round of applause sounded across the room but it was short-lived before Hana stepped forward, “Mr. Jeon, I think it’s unfair that you didn’t tell us that this proposal was for the company’s annual game launch.”

 

I took in the displease that was evident on Hana’s face, “How does it matter?”

 

Huffing, Hana opened to speak but it seemed like it dawned upon her that whatever she had planned to say wasn’t going to reflect well on her.

 

To be honest, Hana’s proposal was good, but there was just something off about her entire proposal that I couldn’t quite pinpoint.

 

“I hope that each one of you will take every task that was given to you seriously and not let the nature of the project determine the amount of effort you put in,” I glanced around the room, trying to convey my message across to all of them. “With that being said, since this round of launch will be for JJ Games annual game launch, I will be directly overseeing this project.”

 

I turned to So Min before speaking again, “You’ll be working under me, come to my office later on at 1pm and I will start briefing you on it. For the rest of the team from various departments that will be involved in this project, there will be a meeting held tomorrow, more details will be announced later.”

 

I shifted my gaze to Hana, whom I noticed was glaring at So Min, “As for you, Hana, have been assigned to lead the upgrading project for ‘This is My Story’. Team leader Ms. Lee will brief you on it shortly. The rest of you will continue with your usual tasks, with no further changes. That will be the end of the meeting if there are any other questions.”

 

I started towards the door and headed to my office, I had to prepare for the investor meeting with Vision Investments an hour later.

 

··

 

I was drivi

Please log in to read the full chapter