Replacement

Mr. Jeon, you got a match!
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

//Author’s POV//

 

Yugyeom strolled into Jungkook’s house only to be greeted by a sleeping figure on the sofa.

 

“You got such a big and comfortable bed, yet you sleep on the sofa?” Yugyeom mumbled to himself as he neared the sleeping beauty. A piece of paper lying on the ground caught his attention and he picked it up carefully in order not to wake Jungkook.

 

Yugyeom’s eyes widened slightly the moment he realized what the content entailed.

 

“Would you like to be my secretary?”

 

Yugyeom glanced away from the paper and at Jungkook, who was looking straight at him. Rubbing the sleep out of his eyes, Jungkook sat up and stretched before leaning back against the sofa.

 

“I don’t think things are going to work out for both of us if I’m your secretary.”

 

Jungkook snickered, he knew that Yugyeom was absolutely right, he didn’t think that there was anyone else in the world that was as forgetful and clumsy as Yugyeom.

 

Hand him a new phone and it would be on the floor the next moment. Never entrust it upon him to tender an important project for you too because he would only remember about it a week after the deadline.

 

“I’m thinking if I should pick an existing employee. I don’t have the time to interview candidates right now, especially with the ongoing project for the game launch.” Jungkook let out a deep sigh subconsciously at the thought of the game launch.

 

Since So Min couldn’t meet the deadline previously, he had extended it by a week and that meant that she had five days left.

 

“You know what? That might be a good idea. You can consider So Min though.” Yugyeom suggested.

 

The look that Jungkook was giving him though, made him explained himself further.

 

“It’s not what you think, dumb . You’re probably going to be working with So Min everyday for the next few months for the game launch and you’re probably going to shelf all other non-urgent projects or hand them down for the Heads to take over.” Yugyeom shrugged and lifted his hands, as if he were saying ‘Believe it or not, she’s someone worth considering’.

 

Jungkook brushed a hand through his hair, leaning his head against the sofa and staring up at the ceiling. He was giving Yugyeom’s suggestion a serious thought when Yugyeom’s voice disrupted his train of thoughts.

 

“Did you cook this?” Jungkook glanced over to where Yugyeom was and realized that he was peeping at the pot of porridge that So Min cooked.

 

 “Nope, it was So Min.” Yugyeom whirled around immediately, wriggling his eyebrows at the sick boy on the sofa.

 

Rolling his eyes in response, Jungkook said, “Help me heat it up, I’m going to go wash up.”

 

Yugyeom and Jungkook spent the rest of the day in the living room, with Jungkook reading and sieving through the files which So Min had brought over. They consisted of mostly review reports for projects that have just concluded and one which he had to approve.

 

Jungkook held out the remaining white file at Yugyeom, who had been watching the television for the past few hours. “This is for your baby, aren’t you interested?”

 

Yugyeom didn’t even bother peeling his eyes off the television when he answered, “Nope.”

 

Jungkook broke into a smile, he knew clearly that the only project that could spark his interest was the upcoming game launch.

 

Directing his attention back to the report, Jungkook meticulously read through the report, not leaving out a single detail. He jotted down pointers and questions at the side in red ink. His eyes scanned through the last few paragraphs

Please log in to read the full chapter