Hospital and Realization

Mr. Jeon, you got a match!
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

//Author’s POV//

 

“Hello?” Yugyeom answered his phone groggily, his voice husky.

 

“H-Hello? Is this Yugyeom? I’m So Min, from JJ Games.”

 

Upon hearing So Min’s name, Yugyeom’s brows knitted in confusion. He opened his eyes slowly and realized that his room was still dark, which meant that it wasn’t even morning yet.

 

He momentarily took his phone away from his ear and glanced at the time, it was only 4.45am.

 

“So Min? Why are you calling at this hour?” Yugyeom felt the last traces of sleepiness vanished as he sat up straight.

 

“It’s Jungkook, he’s in the hospital now and I didn’t know who else I could call.”

 

That was all Yugyeom needed to hear before he scrambled out of bed and up onto his feet.

 

 

So Min was sitting by Jungkook’s sleeping figure, watching as Jungkook’s chest rose and fell with each breath he took in, when she caught sight of Yugyeom. She got up immediately, feeling a little less anxious upon seeing him.

 

Yugyeom glanced at Jungkook’s sleeping figure, who didn’t seem to be at peace even in his sleep.

 

Yugyeom glanced up, meeting So Min’s eyes, “C’mon, let me send you back.”

 

So Min shook her head and grabbed her bag, “It’s okay, I can take a cab home.”

 

Nodding, Yugyeom said, “Drop me a text when you get back home then.”

 

Though they were still pretty much considered acquaintances, Yugyeom felt that he had the responsibility to ensure So Min’s safety.

 

Yugyeom took the seat by Jungkook’s bed after So Min left, and he was spacing out when a doctor came by and snapped him out of his little trance.

 

He straightened up instantly and waited patiently for the doctor’s instructions, who was still jotting away on the clipboard in his hands.

 

“Mr. Jeon over here was sent in with a high fever of 39 degrees, the nurses have done some simple tests and everything else seems to be in order. He may head home after he wakes up and finishes his IV drip. His fever should subside in a day or two with sufficient rest and some fever medicine.”

 

Yugyeom nodded in acknowledgement and thanked the doctor, getting up and heading to the counter after to attend to the discharge process. He knew that Jungkook hated hospitals and would practically not stop whining till he stepped out of the hospital, so he decided that it was best if he took care of the discharge procedures now.

 

After pa

Please log in to read the full chapter