Deadlines

Mr. Jeon, you got a match!
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

It was exactly 6.59pm when Kim Yugyeom came strolling into my office.

 

“Where is it?” He said as he flopped down onto the sofa, cutting straight to the chase. Snorting, I tipped my chin at the white file laying on the table in front of him and watched as the latter snatched up the file as if it were a slice of pancake.

 

I shook my head and directed my attention back to the task I was working on before Yugyeom interrupted me, but I couldn’t stop myself from sneaking glances at him, who was reading So Min’s proposal silently with his lips pressed into a thin line.

 

Yugyeom suddenly placed the file down on his lap and folded his arms, meeting me straight in the eyes. “I’ve finally met my competitor.”

 

Laughing, I placed my pen back onto the table and leaned back against the chair. “Well, I hate to say this but, I told you so.”

 

Yugyeom brushed a hand through his hair and exhaled deeply, “I can’t believe it. How did she even come up with such an idea? I mean like, to integrate an interactive game with online dating?”

 

Nodding in agreement, I got up from my seat and rounded my table, joining Yugyeom on the couch. “Exactly, and can you believe that she’s an intern who just joined for three weeks?

 

“I came up with ‘This is My Story’ a month after joining too, Jeon Jungkook. That’s why it’s important to recruit new people, they bring in new and fresh perspectives.”

 

That simple comment of his got me thinking, “Does that mean I should fire all my existing employees?”

 

Yugyeom deadpanned and rolled his eyes in response, “And then what, run the entire company all by yourself?”

 

“Replace them with new employees, like what you said.” I said, snapping my fingers in his face and I earned myself a smack right in the chest. “Sometimes I really wonder how you ended up running such a big company.”

 

I tilted my chin towards the sky proudly, “It’s called talent.”

 

Yugyeom waved me off, his eyes were fixed on So Min’s proposal once again. “Are you thinking what I’m thinking?”

 

“Nope.” I answered without any hesitation.

 

“I think you should employ me as a consultant for this project. I’ve never been this excited for a project, not even for ‘This is My Story’ and ‘Haunted House Shooting’.”

 

I tilted my head so that I was facing Yugyeom, “I’m pretty sure that if you want to get employed, you’ll need to go through an interview first.”

 

“I’m pretty sure that doesn’t apply for your friend here.” Yugyeom gestured towards himself.

 

I tapped my chin with my fingers, pretending to be deep in thought and Yugyeom turned to face me, playing along and pretending to be nervous about my decision.

 

“JJ Games is proud to announce that you, Kim Yugyeom, are officially hired.”

 

··

 

This was approximately the fifteenth time that I was impressed by So Min. We were currently gathered in my office for the internal progress meeting a week after the start of the project.

 

I remembered telling her that we just needed a rough skeleton of her ideas for this meeting, but she already had the full storyline developed. Although only part of it was complemented with sketches, she had already far exceeded my expectations for her.

 

I didn’t need to ask Yugyeom for his opinion to know that he was equally impressed, maybe even more so than I was. I mean, he was practically scouring through every single part and detail of So Min’s storyline.

 

Clearly my throat softly, I finally managed to get Yugyeom’s attention. He glanced up, looking as though he just realized that we were still around all along.

 

“Well, I think it’s great. But,” Yugyeom paused, flipping through the pages before stopping at the one he wanted, “For this part on the scenes in the game where they would go on dates, I feel that you can do more research about this. Find out the popular dating places that couple frequents nowadays and also places where you think will make an intere

Please log in to read the full chapter