Suspicious

Mr. Jeon, you got a match!
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

//Author’s POV//

 

Jungkook strolled into his office with his phone pressed to his ear and his brows deeply furrowed. This particular investor had a particular liking of calling him at ungodly hours and guess what, his phone started ringing at 8am in the morning. He had been on the phone with him since, excluding the thirty minutes that Jungkook took to get ready for work.

 

Sighing silently, Jungkook sunk into his chair and rolled his eyes. Seriously, he isn’t even asking logical questions. This is a waste of my time. He thought to himself.

 

He ran a hand through his hair and tugged at his tie impatiently before he focused on the foreign brown manila paper bag that was on his desk. Reaching out for the small piece of paper that lied beside it, he read through the neat handwriting that was on it.

 

Breakfast.

- So Min

 

Jungkook smiled broadly, somehow, he felt a little better about having to deal with a particular annoying individual that was yapping away furiously on the other end of the line.

 

It only took another twenty minutes before Jungkook finally ended the call, honestly it felt as though his phone was going to blow up if it dragged on for another minute.

 

Catching a glimpse of the date on the screen of his phone, he recalled that So Min’s draft proposal was due today.

 

Rearranging his tie while getting up from his seat, Jungkook ventured out of his office. He started hearing some commotion the moment he neared So Min’s seat, but it instantly died down when they caught sight of him.

 

From the side of his eye, he saw that So Min wasn’t at her seat and her entire desk was in a huge mess, which was probably an understatement. All her stationeries were emptied out of their original holders and were scattered all over her desk, some pens were even on the floor. Pieces of papers were also strewn all over her desk.

 

“Where’s she?” Jungkook asked, his eyes still focused on So Min’s desk.

 

“We are not very sure, she rushed off without saying anything.” Was the answer that he got, but definitely not the answer he was looking for.

 

Without uttering another word, Jungkook headed back for his office, dialing So Min’s number on his phone. So Min picked up on the second ring and he didn’t give her a chance to speak, “Where are you now?”

 

“I’m at the IT room.” A little voice at the back of Jungkook’s head was telling him that So Min’s voice sounded off but obviously, it got shelved and shoved away.

 

“Come into my office now,” was all Jungkook said before ending the call.

 

A few moments later, there was a soft knock on Jungkook’s door and So Min entered with her head hung low.

 

“What’s wrong?” Even Jungkook himself was surprised at how gentle he sounded. He h

Please log in to read the full chapter