An Announcement

Mr. Jeon, you got a match!
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

I strolled into the office, my footsteps lighter than two days ago. I needed that break more than I thought I did. I might sound a little exaggerated, but I woke up feeling like a brand-new person today, I didn’t even need to wait for my alarm to sound before I got up.

 

That was definitely impossible if you were to ask me two days ago. Hell, I wouldn’t even be able to wake up even after my alarm had sounded for a good ten minutes.

 

I took in the empty office on my way to my room, I was an hour earlier today, so I wasn’t surprised that no one was in yet.

 

I was greeted by a stack of twenty white files on my table and surprisingly, my first reaction wasn’t to sigh. I guessed the two days off work really did their job.

 

I was on my fifth proposal when a knock on my door broke my concentration. I placed my pen down gently and looked up at the door.

 

“Morning Mr. Jeon, the final round of interview is set to start in ten minutes. The shortlisted candidates have all arrived, and the other Department Heads are already in the meeting room.”

 

I nodded in response and got up from my seat, grabbing my blazer which was slung over the back of my chair. I made my way to the meeting room with Amy at my side, and I put on my blazer on the way.

 

I entered the meeting room and settled down in the seat that was in the middle. My eyes swept across the candidates which were seated in a row in front of us. I glanced at the girl whose resume had left an impression on me previously, she definitely looked more confident than the other two.

 

I nodded at Amy, signaling that they could start the interview. I was usually quiet in interviews, only speaking in rare occasions where I felt like I had to. I wasn’t one who liked asking questions, I preferred observing them and how they carried themselves as I thought that it was way better this way.

 

Surprisingly, the girl whose resume impressed me – I learnt that her name was Hana – wasn’t leaving quite the impression as compared to her resume. Her answers to the questions asked were pretty obvious that they were those recommended answers you could easily find online. The other girl, however, caught my attention.

 

In comparison, she was definitely more soft spoken than Hana and the other shortlisted male candidate. But it was evident that whenever she spoke, she had put in more thought to formulate her response as compared to the other two.

 

The interview ended shortly after and the candidates had left the room af

Please log in to read the full chapter