Solo Day Trip

Mr. Jeon, you got a match!
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

“So, tell me, what new girls have you met nowadays?” I watched as Yugyeom threw his question at me casually while chewing on his beef.

 

I eyed him nonchalantly and helped myself to another piece of meat that I grilled all by myself. Yes, I was still feeling very salty at that lad who lounged around in my living room as I slogged in the kitchen. “What makes you think that I’m meeting any girls? And seriously, I’m pretty sure that there are other things about my life that you can be concerned about.”

 

“Jeon Jung Kook, there any no “other things” going on in your life.” He had to emphasize that by making inverted commas with his hands.

 

Clucking my tongue in response, I gulped down a mouthful of red wine before answering him, “There was a girl that I matched with on the app that day, but I didn’t reply her.”

 

Yugyeom nodded in understanding and sighed wistfully. Judging from his response, I could tell where his mind was at the moment.

 

“Still thinking about her?” I asked, treading carefully. Yugyeom’s grip on his wine glass tightened and it was clear that he was deep in his thoughts. I spun my wine glass gently, watching as the red wine swirled in the glass. I waited silently for Yugyeom to start speaking when he was ready.

 

He took a while before he spoke again, and it felt like he had to muster all of the strength he had left in him.

 

“I don’t think a day ever goes by that I don’t think about her.” Yugyeom answered and emptied his wine glass after. “You know what, Kook? I learnt a thing and that was, you should seize all the opportunities in life while you can.”

 

“You do know that it wasn’t your fault, right?” I looked him straight in the eyes. I knew that I had to be careful around him since he was still healing but I needed to know where to draw the line. Not only for my sake, but for his too.

 

We have been friends for almost five years, but he had been doing this so-called healing

Please log in to read the full chapter