Chapter 2 : empty

Bus 501

Going in the road, Jimin didn’t turn around at all. he was keep telling stories about the first time he went to the campus and how his roommate is a crazy one, Taehyung find it amusing hearing the stories, also Baekhyun was so into his stuff to talk to him, and he didn’t want to bother him at all, he know how work is priority for him.

Finding the gap between his stories, Jimin look at Baekhyun with a glimpse and turn to his friend whispering, “I see the similarities is he your brother from aboard?”

Taehyung smiled nodding his head, and looking at Baekhyun “yes his my big brother”

Jimin felt embarrassed when Taehyung talk louder for Baekhyun to look at them, he awkwardly said a “hi” waving

Baekhyun smiled “you grow up so well Jimin”

Jimin pointed to himself “you know me?”

Baekhyun nodded “yeah I remember you when I was taking Taehyung to the park you always be so excited when we arrived”

Jimin eyes got wide open he doesn’t remember the details but true Taehyung was always arriving with a boy “nice to see you again” he said awkwardly again

Taehyung smiled knowing that his brother didn’t forget everything about home, his home.

Baekhyun look at Taehyung “why you didn’t go with him to the music school?” that made the face of the two change, Jimin hide behind the chair, “I think I shouldn’t be listening”

And Baekhyun rise his eyebrow “V?”

Taehyung smiled awkwardly “I didn’t want to, I took another path”

Baekhyun wanting to understand “so the school in the village got upgraded cool! I remember they have just agriculture major when I was here”

“Actually it didn’t” Taehyung smiled as much as he can to not get any further questions about the subject

Baekhyun knew it, he take agriculture to stay with their father, he nodded tabbing his fingers on the keyboard on his lap, “why don’t you go and have a look at the music school with your friend?” he asked and Jimin jumps in agreement when Baekhyun said that

“Your big brother is right! It’s the weekend I give you a tour you will see my room, and the swimming pool the basketball stade and the music room with all the instruments!”

 

Taehyung look at Jimin then at Baekhyun “but..”

Baekhyun shrugs “no buts go take a look, if you like the place I will take care of everything and you can finish the rest of the year there!”

Taehyung refused “no am fine I go with you, I won’t go there anyways”

Baekhyun huffs “it’s your future V! and I will probably be busy for like 3 hours V! I go there when I finish I can’t let you alone in a strange city! Am not that bad”

 

Jimin pleadings were non-stop, till Taehyung nodded “you promise you will come when you finish?”

Baekhyun look at him with an ‘isn’t it obvious’ look but he said “yes I promise” still he couldn’t help it he keep saying he will come yet he never did for the past years, he can’t blame him.

 

Jimin, “this bus goes from the secondary road for no traffic so we will stop before okay?”

 

Taehyung nodded

 

 

 

***ㅁㅁㅁ***

 

 

The place filled with silence after, 7 hours is a long way for sure, Jimin turn and take a nap Baekhyun switch his place with Taehyung for the other to lean on the window to sleep too because he kept moving trying to find the best position to sleep for almost a half an hour.

 

Closing his laptop after he finish his plan B sudden presentation. Baekhyun look at his phone and it was off, he was using him all the way from aboard and forgot to charge it in his car, he look at the bus seat searching but no charger was on it, he huffs and took a look at the driver one and saw a cable and a phone plugged in.

He put his laptop aside slowly standing and saw if he disturb Taehyung, but no the other was still sleeping, he move to the front where that driver was, because he need to make a call and probably he can have a signal on the road and ask what exactly happening in the company,

 

“Excuse me!” He said gaining the driver attention named Chanyeol

“yes sir?” Chanyeol look at him with fast glimpse and back to the road

“Can I charge my phone?” Baekhyun pointed to the cable, the driver replied a “sure” and plug out his own phone to give Baekhyun the place to use it.

Baekhyun put it waiting his phone to open, his eyes roamed at the area till it stopped at that necklace on the metal of that bus front, “Eros?”

“em…You know how to read that?” Chanyeol said surprised

And Baekhyun nodded taking the necklace and looking at the written in the heart shape pendant “god of love”

 

Chanyeol smiled with impressed “wooh!! It rarely when I meet someone who can reed greek”

Baekhyun “I should be apologizing for the scene we saw earlier! It your private life”

Chanyeol smile faded

“I wish someone care to give me something like this,” Baekhyun said trying to make him feel better because he did notice the other uncomfortable face “but probably what I will get is a philautia”

Now the driver laughter heard with “self-love? That mean your single?”

Baekhyun put the necklace back to it first place “yep, last time I had one he said am so obsessed with work and broke up with me with a text message 4 years ago so…”

Chanyeol didn’t know if he should be laughing or not “I have no idea what to say! Am sorry”

Baekhyun shrugs “Naah the meaning is at least you still have a chance to say sorry, if mine could properly apologize at the time i would be accepting it right away so…probably she is just pissed”

Chanyeol nodded with a soft smile “thanks”

Baekhyun saw his phone finally opening the lights “ooh it charging! I will leave it here I shouldn’t be talking to the driver anyway”

Chanyeol look at him fast with a nodded, then back to the road, he smiled alone for a second, it was just seconds but he needed to hear something like this for sure, since he hit the road he was thinking of what he should do, maybe he was at fault maybe he didn’t consider the girl feelings, maybe he need to apology to her! He look at the mirror to see the stranger who spoke with him sitting in his place,

 

Baekhyun now start to feel tired he look at his brother who was taking the two seats now sleeping, he smiled softly at how he is peacefully sleeping, he took a deep breath thinking…he know he never been the good big brother, he know he should be more around

 

“you regretting it?”

 

Baekhyun look at the one talking to him “nice to see you again Jongin”

“don’t worry Baekhyun he grow up to be way more better then you” Jongin said with a smirk in his face

Baekhyun roll his eyes at the comment, he move back and sits in an empty seat, but the gaze of Jongin following him didn’t let him be in peace, “what?” but Jongin huffs and turn to look away, finally finding the calm he wanted he put his head on the seat, slide his sunglasses on his eyes and the sleep welcomed his brain. He didn’t sleep since yesterday taking a 17 hours travel with 3 flights to arrive here.

 

***

 

 

“Baekhyun! Wake up!”

 

Baekhyun open his eyes immediately with a little scared because he felt like he just closed his eyes, he look at Taehyung who was standing next to him.

“I will go with Jimin now! I will stay here till you come okay?”

Baekhyun look at the right side where the window was and an entrance of a school indeed was there he nodded with “okay!” and look at Jimin “it was nice to meet you”

Jimin nodded waving a goodbye to him and the two left the bus, he move to his own seat to get his laptop and be ready, because probably he arrived to the center city, but got bumped hardly with another person coming from the back, Baekhyun look at him with a raised eyebrow, the boy look back with “sorry!” and run to the driver with his guitar case on his back.

“Can you stop here?”

The bus take another stop, Baekhyun look at the last four seats, he is the one who was sleeping since they get in, he shrugs and sits, thinking he probably was a sleep and miss the school since he have a guitar!

After the bus moved again he immediately remember his phone, he wanted to go and get it but the driver kept getting people disturbing him, so why not take it when he is leaving, so he waited till they get to the station.

Baekhyun look at the window for the next 20 minute, but seriously, something was off! “empty!” he whisper looking at the empty streets around, yes Jimin said the bus taking a secondary road but is it possible to be this empty?

Another 15 minutes passed and the place is still like that, Baekhyun heard the two men in the front asking the bus to stop again, and he did, they both left and Baekhyun keep tailing them with his eyes till they turn in a corner he can’t see.

now it’s just him, Jongin, the soldier and the woman and her little girl left in the bus.

He stands from his seat to the driver, “excuse me!” he said again and the driver asked

“Want to stop?”

Baekhyun immediately said a “no but is it usually this calm here?”

Chanyeol shrugs “I don’t know! Its 16:00 Sometimes it could, if there is a festival or a football match, first time in the center city?”

Baekhyun said a faint “yes” he move to take his phone, the driver already plug it out “thanks” he said entering his code, he got a lot of messages the moment he did that

“wow!” Chanyeol said “famous?”

Baekhyun smiled “missed calls from coworkers” he start to read the messages and he look with a very strange look reading those messages

PD: sir what to do did you see the news?

RH: Baekhyun answer the god damn calls!

Secretary: sir the branch has been shut down!

 

“can you stop here?”

The woman and the girl stand next to Baekhyun who give them a space to move down when Chanyeol stop the bus again

“thank you” the woman said and left, Chanyeol start to drive again, and Baekhyun attention move to the messages  again because what the hell is going on for his branch to get shutdown?

Secretary: the city is going crazy

“Crazy?” Baekhyun said loud dialing the secretary number because he didn’t understand anything from the messages, and heard the secretary answering “tha…nk go..! Where….you?”

Baekhyun asked immediately, “hello? Can you hear me? what do you mean by crazy?”

The secretary : sir…center…is..

 

“Aaaaah! HEEELP!!! MOM!!!”

 

A sudden scream of a little girl heard, make Baekhyun and everyone look at the direction outside where the woman left the bus, but no one was there

Chanyeol stopped the bus immediately, and waited a little with “is that a little girl voice?”

“Let me check please!”

Baekhyun and Chanyeol look at the soldier, who stands immediately coming to the door, and without hesitation Chanyeol open the bus door, the soldier gets out and look right and left wanting to know where that woman left.

“That way!”

Baekhyun look at Jongin who came to the front pointing to a direction behind the bus stop, and getting down with that soldier,  

“I saw her going that way!” Jongin confirm and the soldier move there without a second thought.

Looking at Chanyeol, Baekhyun remember the call he had, he said a “hello!” but the call was already out, he look at the signal and for his surprise, it wasn’t working “what the hell?” he said putting it in his pocket “do you have a signal?” he asked and Chanyeol check his phone and the answer was negative.

Baekhyun eyes roam in the empty streets again, he keep getting that unpleasant feeling with this calm, he look at the direction where the two left and still didn’t come back yet he start to get more nervous.

Chanyeol, “they took so long, maybe I should go and check!” he said standing from the driver seat, but Baekhyun immediately catch his arm

Chanyeol look down at him with a very strange look “what?”

“Listen!”

Baekhyun said hearing something like footsteps, hurried footsteps, he look at where Jongin and the soldier left, and finally the two show up, but they show up running…as fast as they can carrying the little girl in the soldier back…

“W…what happened??”